“Good value in a good location”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #487 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Good value in a good location”
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a good hotel; rooms are on the smaller side but comfortable enough. The rooms were quiet and clean. I ate at the restaurant and had a traditional meat pie which was excellent! The concierge staff were very friendly and there are umbrellas you can borrow on rainy days. The hotel is 5 mins from Sherperds Bush Tube Station and the Westfield shopping centre, where there is plenty of shopping and restaurants to choose from. Good place to stay!

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Peteshell12
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel and your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed one of our excellent pies! I have shared your very kind comments with the whole team here and they too were pleased to hear of your satisfaction.

We all very much hope to see you again at Hilton London Kensington in the near future.

Kind regards,

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I had a decent room on the seventh floor. the room was definitely not large, the bathroom the same. but they were both serviceable for the 4 nights I was there. breakfast was good but rather frantic with service staff rather overworked and not attentive but the food offerings were good and lots of it and fine quality. Internet was good this visit.The housekeeping staff had a sudden change and the new person in charge of the floor seemed to forget I had asked to be cleaned at 9am and was still not touched at 6pm. But she did confide rather frantically that it was her first day. I talked with the floor manager and was offered a free bottle of water and the access code to the internet at the bar for one hour as I waited for the room to be serviced. the hotel is very well located for my work so I stay there and appreciate the nice people who work there. However I think the hotel would do well with a total renovation.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide your invaluable feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was devastated to learn of the difficulties you encountered with regards to housekeeping not servicing your room. I have spoken to the senior management in the housekeeping department and can assure you that this is an isolated incident. We have individual supervisors assigned to each floor to ensure the efficiency and quality of servicing of the rooms, but clearly failed you on this occasion. I can only apologise for this and please rest assured that this matter has been dealt with and the procedures have been reviewed. I have also spoken with the Food and Beverage Manager with regards to the service at breakfast who has assured me that retraining is currently underway as she has read your review and was most disappointed with its contents.

As a frequent guest, I am sure that you will agree that this does not reflect the usual high standard of service which we provide. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when we can prove to you that we provide a first class service.

Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed on at least five separate occasions over the past three years. The hotel is located in a great neighbourhood (Holland Park / gardens just a short walk) and is a five minute walk from the Holland Park tube station on the central line. Buses to Oxford Circus at the door. Priced reasonably for a Hilton, rooms small but clean and comfortable. Great range of shops including small supermarket, a local pub, patisseries and restaurants. Plenty of options so I rarely eat or drink in the fully priced hotel bar or restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Holland Park Avenue.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review regarding your various stays here and that you chose to return to our hotel! I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide useful information with regards to our location and I am sure that readers will find it very helpful when they come and stay at our hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington once again for another satisfactory stay.

With kind regards,

Truro Cornwall UK
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Hilton Kensington?............hmmm.........500 yards from Shepherd's Bush but why advertise it as the Hilton in Shepherd's Bush........not quite the same cachet! room was small but adequately furnished. Mini bar too expensive.......bathroom tiny, no bath but largish shower hot and efficient. did not pay £20 a head for breakfast but found some lovely cafes along Holland Park Avenue which did the same for £6.95. Bed squeaky and small but we slept well as we had earplugs and never heard a thing at night. Use Bus 94 to get to Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus and bus 148 to get to Buckingham Palace. Ok stay but had a better room and bathroom in Premier Lodge the previous week in Manchester. Hilton relies on its name to sell rooms! Apart from the concierge who looked after our luggage had no interaction with staff but receptionist was welcoming

Room Tip: If you hate traffic noise just ask for a room that's not on the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your invaluable feedback. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room. I can assure you that had you informed our reception team that your room was not suitable, they would have endeavoured to provide you with a room move to one which was more suitable, subject to availability.

I also confirm that we are in fact based in West Kensington in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and not Shepherds Bush. I know this might be slightly unclear given that Shepherds Bush is on the opposite side of the roundabout. We are very lucky to be in the location which we are because not only are we two minutes away from Westfield Shopping Centre and also the London Overground and Central Line Underground, but we are a very short distance from places such as Notting Hill, Portobello Road, Hyde Park, Wembley Stadium and a whole host of other attractions.

I am pleased that our Concierge assisted you with storing your luggage and I am sure that should you return to our hotel, it will be evident that we provide a first class personalise and tailored service to each of our guests.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed for six nights in Sept 2012. The rooms are absolutely tiny, with barely enough room for us to put both our suitcases down at the same time. The shower leaked and the window barely opened (despite being a smoking room). The service at the bar took forever, and I could see a couple of staff members standing around talking while we were waiting for our wine to be delivered. The food was average and the cost was absolutely exorbitant. I've stayed at better places in London for cheaper.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank happiestcamper000
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. However I was very sorry to learn that you found our hotel to be that of an average one.

We endeavour to provide a room which is right for our guest’s needs and perhaps next time you stay with us, should there be a problem with your room, we will try to find a more suitable room for you, subject to availability. The service you received at the bar was unacceptable and please accept my sincere apologies for the length of time you were made to wait. Upon reading your feedback, I spoke at once with the Food and Beverage Manager who has now carried out further training within the department. Please rest assured that this is not reflective of the high standard of service to which we offer our guests.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to provide invaluable feedback on your recent stay with us and I very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington again.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Just back from a 4 night stay in london at this hotel. We stayed here partly paying with our tesco vouchers and were not treated any differently to any other guests, which I have experienced in the past. Complimentary bottle of vine was giving during check in as the receptionist was being trained at the time, despite this being no hold up to us very nice touch. Staff extremely friendly and would nothing was too much trouble. Room was spacious enough to move around comfortably and bed and bathroom were spotless, no question. Would defiantly recommend this hotel to a friend. Also very easy travel around London using close underground station, shepherds bush.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Claire E
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor! I am very grateful for you taking the time to do so.

With regards to the service you received, at Hilton London Kensington we aim ensure that each individual guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I am pleased that you felt this while you were with us and I have shared your feedback with the team who were also pleased you had a good stay.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We stayed at a few different hotels in London and Paris while exploring different areas, and while the hotel was very clean, kind staff, etc. the mattress was not comfortable at all. You could feel the springs poking through. That said - we were exhausted from our long flight from the US, so we could have slept on rocks and still slept straight through. The towels were the best we experienced though! The only other complaint we had was service in the bar one evening - we ordered our food (which was good) and my husband asked for a wine list, the waiter went to go get it and never returned. We finally got someone else to bring one over, and then original waiter never came by and neither did the person who brought the menu over. We closed our tab and left after about 20 minutes of waiting total. Overall - it was fine for the Priceline rate I was able to obtain, and the area was quite cute. We didn't use Shepard's Bush station, we chose to walk along Holland Park and use the other Underground station. The walk was great and so many cute shops/restaurants along the way. Safe area, as we walked back late at night many times.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your descriptive review on our hotel. I am most grateful for you taking the time to write your review and share it on TripAdvisor.

With regards to the slow service you received at the bar, please accept my sincere apologies. Upon reading your comments I immediately spoke with the Food and Beverage Manager and requested that further training be carried out. This has now been completed and I can assure you that this is not the usual standard of service which we provide our guests. I can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Having said that, I was absolutely thrilled to learn that you enjoyed all that the area had to offer and that you liked the food, the cleanliness of the hotel, the kindness of the staff and also the quality of the towels!

I very much hope to see you back again soon!