“Amazing service, value for money”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #510 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We has just spent an amazing weekend with my husband in this hotel. We were celebrating our 5th anniversary and got a super and warm service from whole hotel personnel. This kind of unique service is very har to find in similar big hotel chains. Hotel is having superb location next to Westfield shopping center and only couple minutes to underground.
Must for us to come back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to read your TripAdvisor review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us and I have shared your wonderful feedback with the entire team. They were all as pleased as I was that your special weekend was made even more so because of the service you received.

I wish you both many congratulations on your wedding anniversary and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington soon!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Kensington

Reviewed 19 October 2012

hardly any difference between standard room and executive room. Same size, higher floor, some extras but much more expensive. Nice place to stay, cleaning basically okay but bit sloppy on changing towels, soaps etc.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to write a review on Hilton London Kensington. I was pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us, however I must apologise for the experience you had with regards to replenishment of the towels in your room. I have spoken with the Executive Housekeeper who has carried out further training within the department to ensure that no other guests are inconvenienced.

I hope that you choose to come and stay with us again in our great location and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The hotel is a good hotel; rooms are on the smaller side but comfortable enough. The rooms were quiet and clean. I ate at the restaurant and had a traditional meat pie which was excellent! The concierge staff were very friendly and there are umbrellas you can borrow on rainy days. The hotel is 5 mins from Sherperds Bush Tube Station and the Westfield shopping centre, where there is plenty of shopping and restaurants to choose from. Good place to stay!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Peteshell12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel and your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed one of our excellent pies! I have shared your very kind comments with the whole team here and they too were pleased to hear of your satisfaction.

We all very much hope to see you again at Hilton London Kensington in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I had a decent room on the seventh floor. the room was definitely not large, the bathroom the same. but they were both serviceable for the 4 nights I was there. breakfast was good but rather frantic with service staff rather overworked and not attentive but the food offerings were good and lots of it and fine quality. Internet was good this visit.The housekeeping staff had a sudden change and the new person in charge of the floor seemed to forget I had asked to be cleaned at 9am and was still not touched at 6pm. But she did confide rather frantically that it was her first day. I talked with the floor manager and was offered a free bottle of water and the access code to the internet at the bar for one hour as I waited for the room to be serviced. the hotel is very well located for my work so I stay there and appreciate the nice people who work there. However I think the hotel would do well with a total renovation.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide your invaluable feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was devastated to learn of the difficulties you encountered with regards to housekeeping not servicing your room. I have spoken to the senior management in the housekeeping department and can assure you that this is an isolated incident. We have individual supervisors assigned to each floor to ensure the efficiency and quality of servicing of the rooms, but clearly failed you on this occasion. I can only apologise for this and please rest assured that this matter has been dealt with and the procedures have been reviewed. I have also spoken with the Food and Beverage Manager with regards to the service at breakfast who has assured me that retraining is currently underway as she has read your review and was most disappointed with its contents.

As a frequent guest, I am sure that you will agree that this does not reflect the usual high standard of service which we provide. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when we can prove to you that we provide a first class service.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed on at least five separate occasions over the past three years. The hotel is located in a great neighbourhood (Holland Park / gardens just a short walk) and is a five minute walk from the Holland Park tube station on the central line. Buses to Oxford Circus at the door. Priced reasonably for a Hilton, rooms small but clean and comfortable. Great range of shops including small supermarket, a local pub, patisseries and restaurants. Plenty of options so I rarely eat or drink in the fully priced hotel bar or restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Holland Park Avenue.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review regarding your various stays here and that you chose to return to our hotel! I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide useful information with regards to our location and I am sure that readers will find it very helpful when they come and stay at our hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington once again for another satisfactory stay.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Hilton Kensington?............hmmm.........500 yards from Shepherd's Bush but why advertise it as the Hilton in Shepherd's Bush........not quite the same cachet! room was small but adequately furnished. Mini bar too expensive.......bathroom tiny, no bath but largish shower hot and efficient. did not pay £20 a head for breakfast but found some lovely cafes along Holland Park Avenue which did the same for £6.95. Bed squeaky and small but we slept well as we had earplugs and never heard a thing at night. Use Bus 94 to get to Oxford Street and Piccadilly Circus and bus 148 to get to Buckingham Palace. Ok stay but had a better room and bathroom in Premier Lodge the previous week in Manchester. Hilton relies on its name to sell rooms! Apart from the concierge who looked after our luggage had no interaction with staff but receptionist was welcoming

Room Tip: If you hate traffic noise just ask for a room that's not on the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your invaluable feedback. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room. I can assure you that had you informed our reception team that your room was not suitable, they would have endeavoured to provide you with a room move to one which was more suitable, subject to availability.

I also confirm that we are in fact based in West Kensington in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and not Shepherds Bush. I know this might be slightly unclear given that Shepherds Bush is on the opposite side of the roundabout. We are very lucky to be in the location which we are because not only are we two minutes away from Westfield Shopping Centre and also the London Overground and Central Line Underground, but we are a very short distance from places such as Notting Hill, Portobello Road, Hyde Park, Wembley Stadium and a whole host of other attractions.

I am pleased that our Concierge assisted you with storing your luggage and I am sure that should you return to our hotel, it will be evident that we provide a first class personalise and tailored service to each of our guests.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Stayed for six nights in Sept 2012. The rooms are absolutely tiny, with barely enough room for us to put both our suitcases down at the same time. The shower leaked and the window barely opened (despite being a smoking room). The service at the bar took forever, and I could see a couple of staff members standing around talking while we were waiting for our wine to be delivered. The food was average and the cost was absolutely exorbitant. I've stayed at better places in London for cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank happiestcamper000

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. However I was very sorry to learn that you found our hotel to be that of an average one.

We endeavour to provide a room which is right for our guest’s needs and perhaps next time you stay with us, should there be a problem with your room, we will try to find a more suitable room for you, subject to availability. The service you received at the bar was unacceptable and please accept my sincere apologies for the length of time you were made to wait. Upon reading your feedback, I spoke at once with the Food and Beverage Manager who has now carried out further training within the department. Please rest assured that this is not reflective of the high standard of service to which we offer our guests.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to provide invaluable feedback on your recent stay with us and I very much hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington again.