“Very poor”

Ranked #503 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Mossel Bay, South Africa
“Very poor”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Wow we really did not have a good stay here. As we walked in the hotel we as the men at the bagde check in a questin and thier responce was a grunt. I mean i do not speak grunt..... paying 15 - 20 pounds for in room internet is a total rip off. Also a very dodgy tv struggled with the remote. Not worth the money at all or the 15 pound per person breakfeast...

• Stayed May 2012
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I was devastated to read your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us but i would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you received and the way which you were treated on entering the hotel. This is unacceptable and I have spoken to our department heads to ensure that all team members are fully trained and that this does not happen again.

With regards to the internet, there are various ways of using the internet at our hotel. Not only do we have internet in our guest rooms, which is charged at £14.99 for 24 hours, we also have computers in the Business Centre and the bar. There are of course also computers in the Executive Lounge which provide free internet. I wonder whether you are a HHonors member? If not, then I would thoroughly recommend signing up to the scheme. It is completely free to join and you gain points with all stays at any Hilton brand hotel. The more points you earn, the more benefits you get. Once at Gold status, this automatically entitles you to complimentary internet access.

Perhaps when you next come and stay with us, one of our receptionists could assist you in enrolling which they will be more than happy to do. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (592)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed for one night.
I requested for a quiet room and was given one on the 7th floor. It was at the back of the hotel so extremely quiet... so that was good.
The room was quite small; I suppose most rooms are. The bathroom was clean but could have been cleaner, i.e. sparkling.
When we booked on the list of facilities was 'high speed internet access; I later was told it was an extra payment. This is not specified anywhere before booking. The fridge was locked.
The breakfast was great. Even though it was similar to most hotel breakfasts, eggs are freshly cooked the way you want them and the waiters look after you well.
The are is good. There is shopping, cinema and quite a number of restaurants in the vicinity.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for quiet because it is on a busy road
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for writing a review on our hotel and providing feedback on your recent stay. I was delighted to read your positive comments regarding the breakfast and the team treating you well. I have shared your comments with the whole team here and they too were pleased that you had a good stay.

I very much hope that you come and stay with us here at Hilton London Kensington very soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We has just spent an amazing weekend with my husband in this hotel. We were celebrating our 5th anniversary and got a super and warm service from whole hotel personnel. This kind of unique service is very har to find in similar big hotel chains. Hotel is having superb location next to Westfield shopping center and only couple minutes to underground.
Must for us to come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to read your TripAdvisor review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us and I have shared your wonderful feedback with the entire team. They were all as pleased as I was that your special weekend was made even more so because of the service you received.

I wish you both many congratulations on your wedding anniversary and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2012

hardly any difference between standard room and executive room. Same size, higher floor, some extras but much more expensive. Nice place to stay, cleaning basically okay but bit sloppy on changing towels, soaps etc.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to write a review on Hilton London Kensington. I was pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us, however I must apologise for the experience you had with regards to replenishment of the towels in your room. I have spoken with the Executive Housekeeper who has carried out further training within the department to ensure that no other guests are inconvenienced.

I hope that you choose to come and stay with us again in our great location and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a good hotel; rooms are on the smaller side but comfortable enough. The rooms were quiet and clean. I ate at the restaurant and had a traditional meat pie which was excellent! The concierge staff were very friendly and there are umbrellas you can borrow on rainy days. The hotel is 5 mins from Sherperds Bush Tube Station and the Westfield shopping centre, where there is plenty of shopping and restaurants to choose from. Good place to stay!

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Peteshell12
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel and your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed one of our excellent pies! I have shared your very kind comments with the whole team here and they too were pleased to hear of your satisfaction.

We all very much hope to see you again at Hilton London Kensington in the near future.

Kind regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I had a decent room on the seventh floor. the room was definitely not large, the bathroom the same. but they were both serviceable for the 4 nights I was there. breakfast was good but rather frantic with service staff rather overworked and not attentive but the food offerings were good and lots of it and fine quality. Internet was good this visit.The housekeeping staff had a sudden change and the new person in charge of the floor seemed to forget I had asked to be cleaned at 9am and was still not touched at 6pm. But she did confide rather frantically that it was her first day. I talked with the floor manager and was offered a free bottle of water and the access code to the internet at the bar for one hour as I waited for the room to be serviced. the hotel is very well located for my work so I stay there and appreciate the nice people who work there. However I think the hotel would do well with a total renovation.

Room Tip: Try to get a renovated room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide your invaluable feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was devastated to learn of the difficulties you encountered with regards to housekeeping not servicing your room. I have spoken to the senior management in the housekeeping department and can assure you that this is an isolated incident. We have individual supervisors assigned to each floor to ensure the efficiency and quality of servicing of the rooms, but clearly failed you on this occasion. I can only apologise for this and please rest assured that this matter has been dealt with and the procedures have been reviewed. I have also spoken with the Food and Beverage Manager with regards to the service at breakfast who has assured me that retraining is currently underway as she has read your review and was most disappointed with its contents.

As a frequent guest, I am sure that you will agree that this does not reflect the usual high standard of service which we provide. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when we can prove to you that we provide a first class service.

Main Beach, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed on at least five separate occasions over the past three years. The hotel is located in a great neighbourhood (Holland Park / gardens just a short walk) and is a five minute walk from the Holland Park tube station on the central line. Buses to Oxford Circus at the door. Priced reasonably for a Hilton, rooms small but clean and comfortable. Great range of shops including small supermarket, a local pub, patisseries and restaurants. Plenty of options so I rarely eat or drink in the fully priced hotel bar or restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Holland Park Avenue.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your review regarding your various stays here and that you chose to return to our hotel! I am most grateful for you taking the time to provide useful information with regards to our location and I am sure that readers will find it very helpful when they come and stay at our hotel.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington once again for another satisfactory stay.

With kind regards,