Hilton London Kensington
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Rex Hotel(London)
4,536 results
All reviewsholland parkwestfield shopping centreshepherds bushthe executive loungecentral linenotting hilltube stationbus stopan upgradetwin roomwest endfew minutes walkkensingtonconciergeolympiaheathrowpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in multiple Hilton properties in London and this is what you would expect from a Hilton. The tube station is close but not easy to get to. Don't plan on many places to eat nearby - there are some but not a lot. The hotel was quiet, clean and room service was great.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Ron F
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Hilton London Kensington. I was most pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for another quiet, clean, comfortable stay with some more great room service!

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Great location very close to Westfield and tube, tons of great restaurants nearby, room small but perfectly adequate the beds were super comfy so slept great.
I found the staff polite and helpful - my mini bar wasn't stocked by mistake and they found me a mars bar in the middle of the night! However was disappointed when it wasn't stocked again the next day and when I asked a member of staff they didn't get back to me! Internet very expensive (I paid £30 for my two day stay.) room service food was pretty good also great breakfast. - The staff member who showed me to my breakfast table was lovely and gave me a lot of directions, advice etc.
Would stay again. - just really wish they would change the high Internet price!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Annah A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to our hotel. I was pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us recently and that you feel Hilton London Kensington does the job!

Myself and the team very much look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2012

The nearest tube station would be Shepard bush, (Not sure why the hotel website states holland park) and was within 5 mins from the hotel. The hotel itself was clean. The rooms were rather small, but the beds comfortable. As with any other Hilton hotel, internet charges were insane. Just pick up a UK sim or go to a nearby cafe. Acceptable for 1 night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank YiChong
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. Having read your comment regarding Holland Park Station, we are in the process of updating our website and shall be amending the details of the nearest tube station.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and I very much hope to see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Good location if you need to be around that part of the London town. Approximately 5mins walk to tube station, train station and Westfield London Shopping Centre.

Typical London mid-range business hotel. Room size is tiny, to the extent which there is no space to open ironing board. I experienced a much better Hilton than this.

Staffs are at least helpful. Restaurant has the Hilton standard one would expect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. I was, however, sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your room. Had you told one of the team members at reception, they would have endeavoured to move you to another more spacious room.

Having said that, I was delighted to learn that the team treated you well and were helpful. I very much hope to see you return to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Accommodation was arranged for four nights at this hotel by a travel agent following an unexpected change to our travel arrangements. Check in was satisfactory, but when I requested assistance with luggage the response from the porter was less than enthusiastic, bordering on reluctant. Why, I thought that was his job. On a similar note when leaving the hotel our luggage was moved from inside the entrance door to a waiting taxi, about eight or nine paces ( not from our room), and the porter was looking for a tip before the last piece of luggage was placed in the taxi.

The double room allocated was small and for a couple space is inadequate. If you have two suitcases there is a problem, one goes on the luggage rack and the second on the two seater couch. You then sit on the bed; rather defeats the purpose of the couch. Bathroom was clean but dated. On one occasion my wife was in the hotel at lunchtime and ordered a sandwich in the lounge, and when asked for a room number indicated she would pay cash. The waitress then asked for immediate payment which was refused. In the 30 to 40 minutes before the sandwich arrived my wife was approached twice more for payment and repeated she would pay when lunch arrived. The bill was GBP12 plus a service charge of 10%, for which she paid with notes. Half an hour for a sandwich, that is not service. The waitress brought the change and watched as my wife put the change in her purse and gave the impression she was looking for further compensation.

We found few of the service staff spoke English and while that may be OK for the service personal the same cannot be said for front of house staff. I approached a bartender in the lounge bar late one afternoon for a half pint and got a blank look. When I repeated the request he got the bar supervisor who immediately pulled a beer. Bar staff who do not speak, or perhaps understand English, in a London hotel, appalling. Internet access at 15 pounds for 24 hours or 3 pound for 15 minutes is really not on in this day and age, and a credit card is needed for even a 3 pound charge. Whatever happened to cash. I was told by the employee to try McDonalds at nearby Westfield. After the previous 2 weeks in France at better quality hotels with free wi fi, the Hilton at Holland Park needs to get its act together .

Our tariff included breakfast and the buffet was excellent. The variety of both hot and cold dishes was good and trays were topped up on a regular basis. Service was attentive but discreet, which I appreciate. While we do not normally eat in hotel dining rooms, the food is generally mediocre and overpriced, with bags to pack we tried the dining room on our last night at the hotel. We were both pleasantly surprised at the meal which I was told was from the new autumn menu. Simple yes, but also tasty and reasonably priced.

The last Hilton hotel we stayed in was in Vienna several years ago and the difference in hotel quality and service standards between Vienna and Holland Park is chalk and cheese. I did not have a problem with the price of this hotel for accommodation and breakfast, but there are a number of aspects that left quite a sour taste in the mouth. By choice I would not stay here again, nor recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple