“good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #471 of 1,089 Hotels in London
england
“good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Stayed here for a weekend last month, Overall the hotel is fine, not one of the best Hilton hotels but for the price it represented good value for money. As has been allready stated it is conveniently situated, with good shopping at westfields and near to Nottining Hill and Kensinton palace ect. Breakfas was good if a little frantic. All the usuall help your self selections, plus an egg station providing eggs and omletts cooked to order. Despite it being buisy the food was constantly replenished and tables were cleard promptly. The same can not be said of the bar. We decided to have a sandwich on the Sunday evening, service was very slow, and the sandwich when it arrived was dissapointing. The chips were hard and overcooked.When she cleard the table the waitress did manage to ask if the meal had been ok (A bit late by then) when we said no the chips were overcooked she just shruged her sholders and said sorry. That was it. We had a much nicer, and cheaper meal in the small indian resturant opposite the hotel, so perhaps give that a try instead. The rooms are on the small side, expecialy the bathroom, but having said that it was clean and comfortable. So for the money and location a good choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to write a review on our hotel. However, whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, I was horrified to learn of your poor experience in the bar. I have spoken with the Food and Beverage Manager regarding the poor service you received and I have also spoken to the Executive Chef with regards to the quality of the food served. It is unacceptable that you had to wait so long for your sandwiches and that they were a disappointment to you. The purpose of asking a guest if everything is alright with their meal, is so that in the unlikely event that it is not, it can be made right. I can only apologise for this and I can assure you that further training is underway to ensure that this is not repeated. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback as this will enable us to ensure that we continue to improve our products and services.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future, when we can prove that we offer a first class service to all of our guests.

Bernadette Gilligan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stay at this hotel each time I come over. My latest visit was probably my 5th or 6th. I just can't fault this hotel. There was a glitch with my booking when I arrived and and Charlene took the time and effort to rectify the mistake. I have been served by Charlene on a previous visit. Her service is fantastic. She is a real asset to the hotel. Her manner was one of professionalism. She noticed my cough and recommended something that may help. Being not from England, I appreciated her input.
My room was a jnr. suite on the 7th floor and in a very quite part of the hotel, which is important to me for a restful stay. Watching the fireworks on Guy Falks week-end outside my window entertained me with lights, colour, designs and the whole excitement of fireworks.
The breakfast food in the executive lounge was plentiful and tasty. I noticed a change of range of food options in the evening but still enough to start the evening with. Lounge staff were awesome as always.
My bed was so comfortable it kept beckoning me, tv easy to use, decor in room appealing and bath with shower appreciated. Room extremely clean. Free wi-fi as part of gold member also that bit extra to make the stay even more special.
I enjoy the walk to Notting Hill, Kensington Gardens and other close areas. Great shops, plenty of grocery stores on high street to grab something for snack or even light dinner.
I had a lovely lunch special for 10 pounds at Meat and Wine company at Westgate. What a great atmosphere and setting.
Staff at this hotel are very personable, helpful and willing to assist. Staff always greetingme with a hello as I walked through the hotel. I look forward to my return in the next couple of years.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel. I am delighted to learn that you choose to come and stay at Hilton London Kensington each time you are in London!

I have shared your wonderful comments with the whole team but in particular, with Charlene. Charlene is one of the most popular receptionists due to her professionalism, efficiency and especially her friendliness. She was delighted to learn that you are so fond of her and she hopes that she has the opportunity to personally greet you again on your next visit.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback and we are all looking forward to your return to Hilton London Kensington soon!

With kindest regards,

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

This is one hotel I find which is a good location. It's near to Portobello Market where you can find lots of goodies and it's just a stone throw away from Bayswater where there are a couple of good Chinese restaurant. What more there is a big Mall call Westfeild where everything is under one roof. I usually stay in this hotel because of the staff. They are always helpful. Give it a try :)

Room Tip: Any room from 5 th floor is good.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KristeenBewYork
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you choose to return to our hotel and that you are one of our loyal guests. I am also delighted that the team treat you well when you stay with us and I have shared your kind comments with everyone here.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington again for more first class service!

Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights for my 50th birthday. Bernadette the manager, upgraded us to a King executive suite and we had full use of the executive lounge which included breakfast. We returned to our room the first night to find a bottle of red wine and chocolates, what a delightful surprise! The bed was large and comfortable, lovely soft pillows and the room was warm and clean.Staff were always friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fabulous as much as you wanted of lovely fresh fruit including strawberries! No problem getting Gluten free bread when I asked for it, this is always a difficulty for me when travelling and I was delighted the hotel had it in the kitchen. Hotel is a short walk to Shephard's Bush tube and rail stations so getting around London was so easy from here. Westfield shopping centre is also beside the tube station so here there are lots of bars and restaurants and fantastic shops. Kensington high street is about 15 minute walk also. We would have no problem returning to this hotel and hope to do so again in the new year.

Room Tip: Be sure to inform staff of any special occasion!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your TripAdvisor review on our hotel. Thank you very much for providing us with such wonderful feedback! Our aim at Hilton London Kensington is to provide a tailored stay for each of our guests and anticipate and exceed their needs and expectations. Providing a personal service is very important to us and it is the little things which can really make the difference. I am glad that you enjoyed the wine and chocolates!

I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Hilton London Kensington in the New Year and I hope you had a fantastic 50th birthday!

With kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this Hilton hotel for several nights in 2007. It was falling to pieces, the rooms were so tired they were falling asleep, and the entire hotel stank of cleaning fluid which left you a) high and b) wondering what they were trying to mask.

Fast forward five or six years, and the transformation is complete, and this is essentially a totally different hotel, able to hold its own against the flashy newer Hiltons which have been appearing in Britain over recent years.

The old hotel was always good at service despite its dodgy accommodation, and this seems to have survived the massive refurbishment.

The rooms are modern, clean and fairly spacious. The bathrooms are a disappointment, though; they are cramped and poorly appointed. The decor is bright if impersonal, but this is after all a Hilton. You choose to stay here because you know what to expect, and want no unpleasant surprises. The old version of this hotel failed in that regard. The new version succeeds and we had a pleasant stay.

The executive rooms, though more expensive, do give you access to a lounge with free alcohol for two hours per night and a range of extremely unhealthy snacks (plus carrots).

Americans flock to this hotel. Actually, for a Brit, it's a bit like being on holiday in America! I liked that.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank troubleinthecit... t
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you have noticed a significant difference in the hotel since your last stay with us back in 2007.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future!

Weston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I arrived on a redeye flight and they did not have my room ready, but the front desk clerk did everything he could to find me a room. When he could not, he personally escorted me to the executive lounge and the showers there- which are fairly new, well kept and a godsend for the international traveler. The bell desk was great with directions, helpful with the bags, always proactive. Great location with plenty of great shops nearby in addition to the Westfield mall.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and I am most grateful for you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am, however, sorry that your room was not ready when you arrived but am pleased that you were looked after by the receptionist.

The team were very happy with your comments when they heard and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

At first, this hotel may seem just a bit out of the way, however in London that simply isn't so. The tube picks up a short walk away, albeit you do have to take the crosswalk. My diamond status with Hilton Honors definitely helps out with any Hilton branded hotel, but the staff is what made this hotel. Constantly very helpful, especially with this being my first trip to the city.

There is no pool or hot tub, but there is a nice steam room and sauna; as well as a fitness center. I found the room to be smaller and more reminiscent of a Parisian hotel room, however, as a single traveler, it was all I found myself needing. I found the internet to be reliable and fast, whic his always a nice thing to know while traveling.

If you do have Gold or Diamond status with Hilton, you will receive access to the executive lounge, which is amazing. Breakfast and evening snacks will be enough to tide you over so that you may only need a small dinner. The beverage selection is also quite nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor or queen bed if possible.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on our hotel! I was delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us! I was also thrilled to read that the staff really made the difference and assisted you on your first trip to London.

I have shared your kind comments with the team here and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington on your second trip to London!

With kind regards,