Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Martin n
Sydney, Australia

Look out for the "added extras"

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Jan 2013
Fairly luxurious appointments but very bland service and small rooms, with terrible lack of water pressure totally unexpected in a 4-star hotel. I got a strong impression that the staff were far too busy making money for the owners to pay any attention to my needs - but at least you don't have to wake them up (as you do in Europe!). Biggest "pay + + +" was the internet - plenty of PCs available and no wonder, they must make as much money for the hotel as poker machines! Couldn't fault the buffet breakfast, but GBP12 isn't cheap so it should be good! V.expensive bar, but good service. Close to Shepherds Bush station but you'll usually save at least one underground train change by walking east to Holland Park stn instead if you're heading towards the city centre and tourist attractions. I'll be looking for something closer to to Notting Hill/Lancaster Gate/Sussex Gardens next time - was fooled on this occasion by the hotel's title because in reality it's nowhere near Kensington. It should be more properly named Hilton Shepherds Bush - but it's easy to see why they prefer the more upmarket (albeit misleading) Kensington!
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
3.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 28 Jan 2013
Dear Guest,

I am grateful for you taking the time to write a review on our hotel, however I was absolutely horrified to learn that you felt the team were not wholly dedicated to providing you with a first class service. This is certainly not reflective of our usual standard of service and please accept my sincere apologies that you were made to feel this way. I have spoken at length with the departmental heads to ensure that further training is undertaken within the departments to ensure that no further guests are made to feel the way which you were.

Also, with regards to our location, we are in fact in West Kensington and not Shepherds Bush. We are very fortunate to be in this area and under the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, as we are surrounded by wonderful shops, we are a short distance to Holland Park and Notting Hill and close to a whole host of popular tourist attractions, whilst being an easy commute to central London and outside the congestion zone.

I do hope that you will choose to come and stay at Hilton London Kensington again in the future.

£255
    £230
5.6 miles from Hilton London Kensington
View more hotels in London
5,835 results
All reviews holland park westfield shopping centre shepherds bush the executive lounge central line notting hill tube station bus stop an upgrade twin room west end kensington concierge olympia heathrow
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Nothing wrong with the hotel and, following a small disagreement with the receptionist about what was/wasn't included in my rate (there was an error on their system, but I had to force the point), I was checked in.

However, it just feels like one of those places where people continually rotate (probably very good for a hotel's P&L), a bit like an airport terminal, and I think that's what I dislike about it.

Otherwise, location is ok, rooms are ok, food was good (room service on the pricier side) and breakfast was very good.

I've stayed here more than once, but only based on price as opposed to choice. Don't rule it out, but consider others if within budget.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank RJ65213
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry that you felt you did not receive the service to which you deserved and please accept my sincere apologies.

I have spoken with the Front of House Manager to ensure that further training is commenced as clearly, given your recent check in experience, it is necessary.

I do hope that you continue to choose Hilton London Kensington as a place to stay when in London and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 8 January 2013

After visiting family in Glasgow this holiday season, my husband and I stayed in London for a few days to do some sightseeing. After looking around at a number of hotels, making reservations, then cancelling them, we selected the Hilton London Kensington.

The price was great for the season, about $120.00 dollars a night and with my Hilton Honors, we were able to get a room upgrade to a king size bed, free internet and access to the executive lounge for free breakfast, tea and evening drinks. The staff also left a bottle of wine in our room each evening. This was a great touch as we had come over to celebrate our recent marriage, having a Ceilidh in Glasgow just a few nights before.

Another huge plus is that Hilton London Kensington is just across the street from Sheppard's Bush Underground/Overground stations. This was the reason we had changed our reservations originally as hotels really don't give you a good idea where they are in regards to public transit. Staying at the Keningston and our Oyster pass, we were to short subway rides away from Trafalgar Square. It was fantastic.

The only suggestion I would make is that they need to upgrade their wireless network and get a pool. :)

Room tip: Across the street from Sheppard's Bush Underground/Over ground station and Westfield Mall.
1  Thank Zoe D
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to read your review on our hotel and am delighted that you had such an excellent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

The entire team hear and heard of your satisfaction and we all very much hope that you will choose to come and at Hilton London Kensington next time you are in London!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Very convenient for Shepherd's Bush tube station and Westfield shopping complex. Typical anonymous hotel. Check-in pretty appalling with receptionist unable to offer suggestions for the problem encountered and pretty unhelpful and unfriendly on the whole.
Room was fine - small but clean. Bed comfortable. Bathroom small but water reasonably hot. Mini bar well-stocked but, as always, very expensive - and, be warned, if you pick up an item you pay for it.
Surprised that no free wifi in guest rooms - you have to pick up connection in the lobby.
Staff (other than initial receptionist) were friendly enough.
Initial experience of booking in probably coloured this experience. As far as hotels go,it was fine.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jane A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with invaluable feedback on your recent stay. Whilst I was pleased that you had a pleasant stay, I was horrified to learn that you did not feel you received a warm welcome. I have spoken with the Front of House Manager to ensure that the necessary retraining is conducted within the department. We pride ourselves on living the Hilton Values in ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and on this occasion, we did not deliver this service. Please accept my sincere apologies, but rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure no other guest feels the way you did in the future.

I do hope that you will come back to Hilton London Kensington in the future and it will be evident that the experience you had with us is not reflective of the high standard of service we provide our guests.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Fantastic hotel located in Kensington London. 5 mins walk from Holland Park Underground.
We arrived at the hotel at about 4pm and checked in quickly. As this was the first Hilton we had stayed at we were asked if we wanted to become loyalty club members which we agreed to. This had good benefits including a paper delivered to the room each morning. The staff were fantastic - very friendly and helpful. The receptionist who checked us in was a trainee but she was excellent. We walked into Oxford Circus one day from the hotel walking through Kensington Park and onto Hyde Park. There are a number of shops en route where you can pick up some breakfast. You can also get the 94 bus into Piccadilly Circus from directly outside the hotel!
Overall I couldn't recommend this hotel more! Excellent hotel and facilities, staff and location.

2  Thank Niamh B

Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to learn that you had an excellent stay with us here at Hilton London Kensington! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Thank you also for sharing some tips on where to go and how to get there – I am sure this will be most useful to those who are coming to stay with us!

Once again, many thanks for posting a review and we all very much look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a couple of days between Xmas and New Year. Our room was 1093 on the first floor.

The hotels is perfect located. Only a 4 min walk to Sheperds Bush Station and a 6 to 7 minute walk from Holland Park Station. If you're not familiar with London/the area, it's much easier to find from Holland Park Station than Shepards Bush (you just walk straight down the road).

The Westfield's shopping centre is only a short walk away, which has millions of great shops and surprisingly good restaurants (not only basic chain ones).

We tried the lunch menu in the cafe there and the food was good and the service was also very good. We didn't bother with the breakfast (approx £17) as there is Giraffe restaurant and 2 cafes which all provide breakfast at very reasonable costs (cafes approx £6 pp and £8.25 for brunch at Giraffe). All 3 are less than a 5 min walk away on Holland Park Road.

The room was nicely decorated and had all the modern things you'd expect. There is a variety free tea, coffee and shortbread biscuits which is nice (love shortbread!)

The service was all very good. When we arrived in our rooms receiption called us to make sure everything was ok and generally everyone was very helpful throughout our stay.

The only things I wasn't so keen on: -

In the cafe in the hotel, they automatically apply a 10% tip to your bill. This, to me, is distasteful. It's like asking for a present. That said, I did pay the tip without questioning it as the service was good.

Internet access is a whopping £15 a day from your room. This is way too high and there is no way that the hotel pays anything near these cost to provide this service. Having internet access in your room is quite important to me, so this one was a bit of a downer. On the flip side, there are 3 computers in the receiption area that you can use for free to access the internet. The only problem is, these computers are rarely free and are often used by children staying in the hotel. If you have a Hilton membership card the internet in the room is free.

The size of our room was very small. There was almost no gap between the end of our bed and the wall. If you are overweight there is no way you'd be able to walk between the gap. The bed was also very small. You can just about have 2 people sleeping on it, but there's not much room left. Again if you were very overweight this bed would be too small. Neither my partner or I are large, so it was fine for us. The bed was, however, very comfy. I suppose with space in London being a premium, it's harder to provide the medium size/larger rooms?!

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank WonderWahine1

Dear Guest,
I was pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. Your feedback on our location will no doubt come in very handy for guests who are staying with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed all that our wonderful area had to offer.

I very much hope to see you and your partner back at Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future.