Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Linda F
Leicester, United Kingdom

Good Base for London Break

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jan 2013
We used Trivago to look for hotels for a two night break in London on the weekend of 11th and 12th January 2013. We then booked through Booking.com. The hotel is located a five minute walk from Shepherd's Bush tube station. It is bright and clean and we were allocated a very nice room at the front of the hotel overlooking a small park, on the 5th floor. The room was very clean with a very clean en-suite bath and shower room. Tea and coffee facilities were provided along with toiletries (although we had to ask for bath foam the second day). The breakfast was typical of Hiltons with lots of choice and was served between 6.30 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. The room was quite noisy on Saturday night with traffic noise and police sirens - but it is in the middle of London.

The only downside was that on the 2nd evening my husband had a whiskey from the mini bar. This was priced at £5 including VAT in the brochure in our room. When we received our bill on the last morning the price for the whiskey was quoted as £5.95. On enquiring with Reception we were told that the extra £0.95 was VAT. We did not argue - they had taken a run of our credit card when we arrived.

All in all a good hotel, well situated on the central line into the West End and City. We paid just over £166 for our 2 night bed and breakfast deal.
Date of stay: January 2013
Room Tip: View at the front but room can be noisy.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
2.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 28 Jan 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us and I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

£265
  • travelup.com
5.6 miles from Hilton London Kensington
View more hotels in London
5,835 results
All reviews holland park westfield shopping centre shepherds bush the executive lounge central line notting hill tube station bus stop an upgrade twin room west end kensington concierge olympia heathrow
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The hotel was a nice 4*. The girl at reception upon arrival and the man upon departure were both very friendly and helpful. The man on reception early in the morning was not so much and I found him a little rude. The concierge was very helpful and efficient.

The room was nice and the bed large; however, the springs were a little creaky and the airconditioning was fairly noisy. Everything was clean and nicely presented.

Great location for shopping - located 2 minutes walk from Westfield shopping centre and from Shepherd's Bush station on the central line, meaning very easy access to Oxford Street and the west end. I would stay here again for a shopping weekend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We were delighted to read that you are considering returning to Hilton London Kensington for another shopping trip!

With that in mind, I am delighted that we are able to offer you our Shop & Stay Kensington Package. If you would like more information about this package, please speak to a member of the team who will be happy to help!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

My son was moving to Birmingham as an exchange student. We stayed here for touring London. the staff were extremely polite and very helpful. Our room was clean and well appointed. Bus stop just across the street. Walking distance to Knottinghill. Reception and bellman fabulous!
Had a great stay

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KimH139
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. I was absolutely thrilled to learn that you had a terrific stay with us!

I have shared your kind comments with the entire team here and we are all looking forward to seeing you back at Hilton London Kensington in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Fairly luxurious appointments but very bland service and small rooms, with terrible lack of water pressure totally unexpected in a 4-star hotel. I got a strong impression that the staff were far too busy making money for the owners to pay any attention to my needs - but at least you don't have to wake them up (as you do in Europe!). Biggest "pay + + +" was the internet - plenty of PCs available and no wonder, they must make as much money for the hotel as poker machines! Couldn't fault the buffet breakfast, but GBP12 isn't cheap so it should be good! V.expensive bar, but good service. Close to Shepherds Bush station but you'll usually save at least one underground train change by walking east to Holland Park stn instead if you're heading towards the city centre and tourist attractions. I'll be looking for something closer to to Notting Hill/Lancaster Gate/Sussex Gardens next time - was fooled on this occasion by the hotel's title because in reality it's nowhere near Kensington. It should be more properly named Hilton Shepherds Bush - but it's easy to see why they prefer the more upmarket (albeit misleading) Kensington!

Date of stay: September 2012

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for you taking the time to write a review on our hotel, however I was absolutely horrified to learn that you felt the team were not wholly dedicated to providing you with a first class service. This is certainly not reflective of our usual standard of service and please accept my sincere apologies that you were made to feel this way. I have spoken at length with the departmental heads to ensure that further training is undertaken within the departments to ensure that no further guests are made to feel the way which you were.

Also, with regards to our location, we are in fact in West Kensington and not Shepherds Bush. We are very fortunate to be in this area and under the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, as we are surrounded by wonderful shops, we are a short distance to Holland Park and Notting Hill and close to a whole host of popular tourist attractions, whilst being an easy commute to central London and outside the congestion zone.

I do hope that you will choose to come and stay at Hilton London Kensington again in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Nothing wrong with the hotel and, following a small disagreement with the receptionist about what was/wasn't included in my rate (there was an error on their system, but I had to force the point), I was checked in.

However, it just feels like one of those places where people continually rotate (probably very good for a hotel's P&L), a bit like an airport terminal, and I think that's what I dislike about it.

Otherwise, location is ok, rooms are ok, food was good (room service on the pricier side) and breakfast was very good.

I've stayed here more than once, but only based on price as opposed to choice. Don't rule it out, but consider others if within budget.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank RJ65213

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry that you felt you did not receive the service to which you deserved and please accept my sincere apologies.

I have spoken with the Front of House Manager to ensure that further training is commenced as clearly, given your recent check in experience, it is necessary.

I do hope that you continue to choose Hilton London Kensington as a place to stay when in London and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 8 January 2013

After visiting family in Glasgow this holiday season, my husband and I stayed in London for a few days to do some sightseeing. After looking around at a number of hotels, making reservations, then cancelling them, we selected the Hilton London Kensington.

The price was great for the season, about $120.00 dollars a night and with my Hilton Honors, we were able to get a room upgrade to a king size bed, free internet and access to the executive lounge for free breakfast, tea and evening drinks. The staff also left a bottle of wine in our room each evening. This was a great touch as we had come over to celebrate our recent marriage, having a Ceilidh in Glasgow just a few nights before.

Another huge plus is that Hilton London Kensington is just across the street from Sheppard's Bush Underground/Overground stations. This was the reason we had changed our reservations originally as hotels really don't give you a good idea where they are in regards to public transit. Staying at the Keningston and our Oyster pass, we were to short subway rides away from Trafalgar Square. It was fantastic.

The only suggestion I would make is that they need to upgrade their wireless network and get a pool. :)

Room tip: Across the street from Sheppard's Bush Underground/Over ground station and Westfield Mall.
1  Thank Zoe D
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I was absolutely thrilled to read your review on our hotel and am delighted that you had such an excellent stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

The entire team hear and heard of your satisfaction and we all very much hope that you will choose to come and at Hilton London Kensington next time you are in London!