Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
d_taylor83
Derby, United Kingdom

Good value for the London area

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Jan 2013
The hotel is quite imposing, althogh a little dated. Reception, bars and other communal facilities are quite well appointed and the staff was found to be friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the most basic rooms and as we were only using this as a base, it was more than adequate. The room was a little shabby and well-worn in places, but for the price of £83 for a double room including breakfast, it's hard to find better value in this part of London.
The breakfast is buffet-style, but there is almost every concievable choice, from "full english" to Croissants and cereals.
Once again, good value for the area and would stay again.
Date of stay: January 2013
Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel do not have road noise
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 28 Jan 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I was thrilled to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were impressed with our hotel and enjoyed our surroundings!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington when you are next in London.

With best wishes,

• travelup.com
5.6 miles from Hilton London Kensington
View more hotels in London
5,834 results
All reviews holland park westfield shopping centre shepherds bush the executive lounge central line notting hill tube station bus stop an upgrade twin room west end kensington concierge olympia heathrow
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our experience at the Hilton. The General Manager made a big effort to make our stay special as they knew it was my birthday and we upgraded to an executive room . There was also a birthday cake waiting for us which was a really nice touch.

We had to wait a few minutes to check in but it was pretty quick once we got to the counter. He was very effeicent but we were not offered a newspaper or a wake up call.

The room was a decent size (for a London hotel) and I was honestly surprised by the size after reading some reviews. The only thing I would say is the bathroom was on the small size. We did have a bathtub and even though it was narrow it was incredibly deep!

The public areas off the hotel were clean and tidy. It was decorated tastefully as well. We never had a chance to visit the Executive Lounge but it was nice to have the offer.

The location is good, although there is a small walk from the tube station. In better weather this would be a nice walk as Holland Park is very pretty.

Overall the stay was amazing and we were completely blown away by the cake and Champagne in the room. The management did very well to exceed our expectations!

I would fully recommend this hotel and will be staying again in the future.

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of January for a weekend away in London. It was in a pretty good location, but nothing spectacular about the hotel. The lobby of the hotel looks a lot better than the rooms.

Our room was an adequate size and the bed comfortable; but the bathroom was a little tired and the shower not very powerful.

The room got very hot at night; so I was often faffing about with the air conditioning..which I didnt think worked very well and was noisy. To cool the room down I had to open the window in the end...which of course meant noise from the busy traffic outside.

Overall...the hotel is okay as a base; but I probably won't stay here again. I would have been annoyed if I paid full price; luckily I managed to get the rooms on a discount.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review on our hotel. However I was sorry to note that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. I do hope that you raised your concerns with the team and that were able to make it right for you.

I very much hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves and show that we offer a first class service to each and every guest who stays here at Hilton London Kensington.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

To put it politely, the room I got this visit wasn't much bigger than the cleaners cupboard, and if I'd have tripped at the bedroom door, I would have banged my head on the window (portal) wall.. That said it was clean and tidy and for one night, it wasn't worth the complaint. 129 English pounds got me the hilton experience for a night.. but for £129 I could have stayed round the corner for a week with a bigger room, just a longer walk to the office...

I'll head back there again and again, but this time if I am handed a room card with 1030 on it, I will be throwing my toys out of the pram.. which is ironic because the room space was about as big as a pram.

Room tip: 1030 if you like compact and bijou
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank GB1UK2008

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with the room which you were assigned and please accept my sincere apologies.

At Hilton London Kensington our aim is to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and most importantly, that we provide our guests with the right room that meet their needs. Clearly on this occasion we failed to provide you with that service and had you raised your concerns with the team, we would have moved you to a more suitable room.

When you next stay with us please do inform the receptionist who checks you in of your room preferences, i.e. front facing, high floor, shower and we will make a note on your profile which will ensure that you are provided the right room each and every time you stay with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was recently staying in this hotel to attend a business meeting and when attempting to leave was accosted by the doorman who insisted that he could get me a cab back to Heathrow airport far cheaper than the London Taxis sat outside.

I enquired how much and was told £95, I then went outside and asked one of the drivers of theTaxis sat outside how much he would charge, he replied on the meter about £50-60!!! What a huge difference!

I returned inside to ask for an explanation from the doorman but as he saw me return he took off like a shot! Not having the time to wait around I used the Taxi outside and it came to £53.80.

Heed this as a warning should you be approached by the doorman regarding taxi's.

It did make me wonder what else that they overcharge on.........

• Trip type: Travelled on business
kevin_byrnes1, Director of Operations at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Hilton London Kensington on Tripadvisor.
I am deeply concerned to read of the interaction you had with a doorman at the hotel in which you were offered a more expensive service than the black cab located outside the hotel. At the Hilton London Kensington we have recently concluded discussions with our car service resulting in both reduced fairs and increased choice for our guests which are set at fixed rates for various journey's including Heathrow airport. The decision to enter in to these discussions were taken by the hotel after surveying local companies to ensure our guests have fair pricing. In addition to this we have two spaces for black taxi's located outside the front of the hotel to ensure we offer this service also for those who do not wish to avail of a chauffer service.
I would be grateful if you could please contact me to provide further details of the incident to allow me investigate the matter urgently and take appropriate action to ensure this does not occur again.
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Kevin Byrnes
kevin.byrnes@hilton.com

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We regularly visit Central London and regularly use Hilton Hotels but I doubt very much we'll rush back here. There were a few good points but overall not quite the Hilton standard weve come to expect.
The hotel itself is very plush and modern inside and the rooms are very clean and more spacious than you'd expect. The location is excellent as only 4-5 minutes from Shepherds Bush Station and the excellent Westfield Shopping Centre with its nice bars and restaurants.
Unfortunately first impressions count and our views were tainted by an issue getting checked in and a frosty reception from staff. We turned up after a days travelling at 7pm to find our room wasn't ready despite a 3pm check in. The reception staff weren't hugely attentive and seemed quite dismissive initially and we had a 45 minute wait before getting our room. We hate being made a fuss over but even by our standards we found the staff (apart from one barmaid) generally a bit disinterested all weekend.
I've no doubt this was just a one off but it'd certainly be enough to discourage us from using this Hotel again given the quality and choice of other hotels in the area. I'd give this 3.5 out of 5.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bigrossi75

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for you taking the time to write a review on our hotel, however I was devastated to learn that you did not receive the service which you deserve. The way in which your check in was handled was completely unacceptable and I have spoken at length with the Front of House Manager in this respect. Further training is now underway and I must thank you for highlighting your concerns. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our product and services and our aim is to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

The whole team here at Hilton London Kensington hope that you will choose to come back in the future when it will be evidently clear that we offer a first class personalised service to each and every guest we welcome through our doors.