“Fantastic service!”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #508 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Unequaled service from Concierges ANTONY LYNCH, TIM QUOY and Food & Beverage Manager ANDREW PINFOLD . . . each of whom came up with excellent business and personal suggestions and were outstanding. Highly satisfied in a first rate hotel in a great London neighborhood. Mr & Mrs B, New York

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irving b
Write a ReviewReviews (4,482)

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Hilton Kensington and the whole hotel should be refurbished. First room we had was missing a security latch on the door. Switched to a second room and we found that there wasn't enough space in their basic room for the big suitcases and upgraded to another room. Well, this room had problems with the air conditioning. The motherboard was shot and they didn't have any other to fix it that night. The engineer fixed it for the night and offered to have us moved the following day. Also we asked for a room in the back as the room was on Holland Park Ave. (ambulances, police, drunken persons and dog barking during the night). We were moved the following day into another room and at least the room was in the back but every time we would flush the toilet it was almost like a machine gun going off and the previous room it was like a train going through the room. We were going back at the end of our trip to this same hotel so we had upgraded before we left to ensure that we would have a good room. Well, we were told that it was a quiet room but again, it was on Holland Park Ave., and the a/c worked for one minute and then it was broken again. My husband went back to the Reception Desk and the person working there threw new keys to him. It was as if we were not welcome. This is our second time back to London and we don't think that we will be going back.

Room Tip: Do not choose a regular room. Please upgrade because the regular room is not spacious at all. Ask...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane013_11
kevin_byrnes1, Director of Operations at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us at the Hilton London Kensington on Tripadvisor.

I am disappointed to read that you found the hotel below your expectations. This year we have completed many new projects including the replacement of more than 400 of the hotels televisions with HD large screen set's, all the hotel's mattresses, refurbished three of the hotels bedroom corridors and enhanced various aspects of many of our rooms, in addition to the continual room care programme to ensure all is working correctly. We will continue to invest in the hotel over the next year with enhancements to our meeting room space and continued focus on our guest rooms which will further improve our guest experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

During the stay I had an accident caused by a poorly secured carpet on the exit to the bathroom. This resulted in a severly bruised shoulder and a large cut on my head. The follow-up was very poor from the hotel, with the call and communication of accident investigation informarion not occurring in the way indicated. I was left feeling that they did not care once I was out of the building.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Robin R

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I am aware you have been in contact with Holly Randall from the hotel and the matter is being dealt with regarding your stay at the hotel. I am sorry you feel it has not been handled in an appropriate way and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We needed a hotel within fairly easy reach of the Hammersmith Apollo, where me and my husband were going to see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. It definitely ticked that box, being just 3 stops away on the tube. However, although the hotel is located in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea, it would be more accurately called Hilton London Shepherd's Bush. Anyone staying here hoping to pop round the corner to Harrods would be disappointed.

The hotel had good and bad points...

Good: very large and comfy bed; helpful and welcoming bar manager; good choice of breakfast available

Bad: room a bit bland and quite small; restaurant understaffed at breakfast so we had to chase our coffee; and worst of all, no free wi-fi in the room, which, when you're paying a premium to stay in the Hilton, is a real rip-off. On this basis alone I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Oh and one last thing: the map on the hotel's website does show the nearest tube stations, but in the written directions, advises guests to take a taxi to the hotel from the London airports. Do they think trains are beneath them or something? Ridiculous!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here as we were attending a concert at nearby Shepherds Bush Empire - it is a brilliant location if you are going there, five minutes walk. I had had some problems with my booking in advance (not the hotel's fault) and they had been extremely helpful in changing this for me. However, some emails in the week leading up to my stay went unanswered so it is hit and miss. Reception was always busy and crowded and check-in was slow. We were in the Hilton Honors queue when the person dealing with this queue just disappeared so we then had to start again in the main queue. The person in front of me in the Hiltons Honours queue was very vocal about this. Our room was clean but fairly basic considering it was a suite - cheap furniture, stained carpet, hard mattress etc. But the main problem with the room was the lack of heating. Although we turned the controls onto full, only cold air came out of the vents so we were very cold indeed, too cold to have a bath.

Breakfast was very poor. The heat lamps over the hot food clearly are inadequate because all the 'hot' food was in fact tepid, very unappetising. Added to this the fact that the waitress started to completely clear our table when we were at the buffet despite the fact that my room key and pack of sweeteners were clearly still on the table - I had to run back and stop her removing our cups of tea we had only just started etc.

The executive lounge was ok - plenty of drinks available in the evening but poor food and again, only tepid, which as it was chicken made me rather nervous. The main bar was better with reasonable service and good cocktails - shame about the loud American who used the 'f' word every other word - I did think the bar manager could have had a word with him to quiten it down, it was quite offensive after a while.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Hilton-Kensington, Director of Operations at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on our hotel.

I was sorry to learn that your experience with us what not what you would have expected and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused.

As your concerns relate to various departments, I would be most grateful if you could please contact me at kevin.byrnes@hilton.com in order that I can obtain more detailed information, such as your room number and whether you reported the heating issue, details of the date and approximate time you were in the restaurant for breakfast and also, if you can recall, the date and approximate time that you were in the bar. It is wholly unacceptable that our guests are disturbed or made to feel uncomfortable, whether it be as a result of staff’s actions or indeed a fellow guest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Perfect for business travel. Good service at front desk and concierge. Hotel situated in a nice residential area and close to first class shopping centre (Westfield mall). Room was clean and tidy. Nothing negative to say.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Hello hilton, I just want to say that the hotel is excellent, good service, good location for shopping and for holidays I was staying with me husband in 2058 the room was nice and clean, bathroom was a bit small but clean, fresh smell ,bed very comfortable, the girl ho clean the room was very kind and help fool thank for her :) Barr was okey, just porter ho take the soot cases up was a bit to root, but it's ok we will be back because the money what we paid was worth to pay :) see you next time :)

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for your kind words.

I was pleased to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and that the team treated you well. We all very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Kind regards,