Hilton London Kensington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Rex Hotel(London)
4,536 results
All reviewsholland parkwestfield shopping centreshepherds bushthe executive loungecentral linenotting hilltube stationbus stopan upgradetwin roomwest endfew minutes walkkensingtonconciergeolympiaheathrowpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed one night at the hotel, so that I could attend a gig at the O2 Shepherds Bush. I booked and paid for a Single Room in advance through an online hotel website, and I was aware that the place has received mixed reviews on here. But the excellent location close to the venue and to Shepherd's Bush tube station were the deciding factor.

Well, I can't say that I have any real complaints. Check in was fast and courteous, and the gentleman on duty assigned me a single room with a walk-in large shower (no tub), looking out onto a side street, which was just what I wanted.

The room was not huge - but it is a single, and has a large double bed, which inevitably takes up a lot of space. Nevertheless, it left room for a desk and a small chair and table, and enough room to move around. It was considerably larger than some other single rooms I have stayed in, both here and abroad, usually for longer than one night, so I found it perfectly comfortable.

Cleanliness was of a good standard, and there were plenty of towels and a good selection of toiletries. (In case you are curious, they supply shower gel, facial soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion). Water in the shower was of a good pressure and easily temperature controllable.

The room was equipped with a mini-car, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, TV, alarm clock/MP3 speaker, small safe, and a kettle/teamaking items. I only used the latter three, and had no problems with any - there was plenty of tea and coffee and a decent selection of free-to-view TV channels..

The bed was extremely comfortable, and as far as I could tell, the air conditioning worked just fine (I didn't need to do much with it since the temperature outdoors wasn't extreme). The air conditioning WAS a little noisy, but I didn't have it on during the night so that wasn't a problem for me.

The hotel itself was quite busy during my stay as it seemed there was some kind of black-tie event going on downstairs. Nevertheless, all the staff I encountered were polite and helpful, and the concierge in particular gave me clear directions to the O2 on request. Check out the next morning was equally efficient.

I did not order breakfast, and nor did I use the spa/leisure facilities..

If I had any complaints at all, it would be that given the cost of the rooms, having to pay an extra £15 per day for in-room Internet access seems excessive. In the modern age, This is a problem in hotels throughout the UK (even in Japan I had free LAN connections) and needs to be addressed by customer pressure - there's really no excuse for such high prices now - I'm sure it's cheaper to provide than the gym or sauna (neither of which I used but still paid for).

Additionally I would have appreciated at least a bottle of free water in the room as well as the tea and coffee. Again, for the cost of the room I don't think that would be unreasonable, and I have had that provided elsewhere.

In general however, I'd stay there again and certainly recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay while attending a gig or shopping at the Westfield.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking a side street if you want a quieter night or intend to open a window and are sensitive to traffic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KingMobUK
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear KingMobUK,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on our hotel. I was thrilled to learn that you had a great stay with us and am most grateful for you sharing such detailed feedback with TripAdvisor.

I have shared your feedback with the whole team here and it goes without saying that they were as delighted as I was to hear of your satisfaction. We very much look forward to having the pleasure for welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is tired, the room that I stayed in was small and tired, TV reception was poor, air con not very effective. Leisure/gym facilities very old, not much to use and a very small room in the basement Overall not very good

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I've been to this hotel a few times. The location is great, walking distance to both High Street Kensington and Hammersmith.

Breakfast is good and the restaurant can't get a tad too busy in the morning. The rooms are refurbished and new, but they are quite small.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Harsha W,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had another great stay with us and that you are one of our loyal returning guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington again soon!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband is a Diamond Member but please don't let that fool you into believing that always makes a difference on how he is treated at a Hilton property, cause rest assured at times it does not matter. We have been staying at this property for YEARS!!! The location is perfect!!! It has multiple tube stations very close by and the restaurants are plentiful close by as is the shopping and the park. This truly is a perfect place to stay for convenience if nothing else.

We do try on occasion to try other Hilton properties in town just to see other parts of town and to see if possibly we might like another hotel and their staff and rooms any better but we always return to the Kensington. The other hotels do not have staff that are as kind and helpful to be quite honest. The Kensington has TOP KNOTCH staff!! You can always rely on their concierge that if you ask them to get a reservation it is done. (you won't show up to a restaurant telling you a reservation was never made....yes this recently happened at another hotel). You can always rely on the Kensington staff to accommodate you in any way possible if it is within their reach! Leah the Supervisor at the front desk is a delightful and wonderful young lady. Please look for her if you find you have any issues because this woman is definitely of Hilton quality!!! (to be honest, all of the front desk staff is Hilton quality). Leah is just who I have worked with most recently and seem to have worked with the last couple of visits. Tim is our Concierge that we have worked the most with in the past and he is always SPOT ON in his recommendations. We haven't seen him this trip yet but the other staff at the desk are just as efficient.

Moving on to the Maid staff: They are polite, they smile and they do a SPECTACULAR job on your room!! Margaret who is the Housekeeper Supervisor jumps right on anything you ask of her and follows through on everything!! I am not sure I have seen anyone in her position quite so efficient!!! Her smile and gentleness just brightens your day!!

The Executive Lounge is quiet and well stocked and nice. The Bar could use more comfortable chairs and couches to be honest but the staff is always polite and kind......sometimes a bit slow. The young man is my FAVORITE....he's the most attentive and does it with a smile on his face.

The rooms we always get are quite roomy. I know some of the rooms are smaller but trust me, even their smaller rooms are not the smallest I've seen in Europe!!! Some hotel rooms I've stayed in Europe you were lucky to get a suitcase in. This hotels smallest rooms aren't that bad....trust me!!

From what I'm told they are in the process of changing out all the mattresses and are close to being done!! The rooms are updated and are nice! We've tried so many hotels in London and other than the really high end hotels that we like, this is our home away from home we have decided......we have decided enough already of trying other hotels just to see what is out there.

Room Tip: 1st floor is noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a kind review on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to learn that you and your husband had a fantastic stay with us!

Here at Hilton London Kensington, we strive to abide by the Hilton values which is to ensure that each and every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I am delighted that this was most apparent during your stay with us and that we met and exceeded your expectations.

Once again, thank you so very much for your loyalty and feedback. I have shared your comments with the whole team, with special recognition going to the individual team members mentioned for the first class service they continue to deliver. We all look forward to welcoming you both back to our hotel soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked this hotel due to the central location, which was ideal, the room was small and very cramped, but adequate for what we needed. Check in was very slow, long queue and on 1 receptionist on duty, thus a long wait. The concierge was great, very helpful and willing to offer good advice when needed.
The breakfast was good, a wide variety of food and plenty of it, however surely there is some form of dress code, on the second morning two women appeared for breakfast wearing onesies and slippers!!! I thought room service was available for those who are too lazy to get dressed! This is a step to far and several other diners appeared uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank joan1717
kevin_byrnes1, Director of Operations at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Joan 1717,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Hilton London Kensington on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the service received from the hotel and my team and I am sorry this was marred partly be some guests who you felt were underdressed for breakfast.

Thank you once again for your feedback,

Kind Regards,