“Good Hotel, Service Average”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #505 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Located very close to westfields mall so very convenient for shoppers, and hotel is nice, beautiful lounge and secure location. Breakfast has a good variety and is tasty. Service is quite poor though, they were busy and very understaffed, did not get any response from room service for extra blankets 2 nights in a row. This is what put us off a little. Otherwise, nice place, only need to improve their service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I spent a week in the hotel and I must admit it's not a place where I'd desire to come back. Luckily the accommodation was paid by my employer, or else I'd really be annoyed at the value for money. The check-in took forever, as the receptionists ended up fixing someone's wifi for half an hour. An enormous queue built up, but they didn't seem very concern, which was the first bad omen. The staff were relatively untrained and when I later sought some assistance, they kept sending me from one to another (it is me, of course, who has to run around). The room was very small - just a little larger than the bed. The bathroom was clean, but basic. Breakfast was relatively good and was included in the price of the room. The internet was not and it's awfully expensive, but as I was on the first floor, I could get the lobby wifi free of charge in my room. Otherwise, you're c(r)ooked! The hotel is reasonably close to the tube - Central line and some rail connections, but it's not a very fortunate solution for most places in London. Otherwise, the hotel is not exactly central; it's tilted westwards and a taxi ride may cost a fortune. All in all, I would look for another hotel in London.

Room Tip: For free wifi, close to the reception, first floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is acceptable but does not often offer the diamond hhonors member upgrades (rooms quite small and old). Personally I think that the staff need some extra training as the often struggle to comprehend basic requests from the customer, potentially language barriers

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jade D
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Good central location walking distance to Westfield shopping Centre and tubes. Clean rooms if a little tired, Executive lounge great value for money. Staff ok not overly friendly except for the Concierge man who was fabulous. A satisfactory stay .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was in London on business, and the cleanliness, convenience and comfort of this hotel were unmatched. Made my trip less stressful. All this for a very reasonable price I felt. I would definitely stay here again and additionally try the facilities the next time around as I did not do so this time

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 9 December 2013

During my stay at Hilton London Kensington, I explored the hotel as I stayed for over 3 months with them ! The hotel rooms are small but comfortable and offer a great view specially the front facing ones ! The hotel gym is a good place to keep fit followed by steam and sauna room to relax your self ! The hotel is a great business deal and if offers some yummy sweets at High Tea followed by snacks and drinks at the executive lounge to all its Hilton Honors members!

Room Tip: Choose a room on 2nd, 6th or 7th floor as they are a lot more spacious than the other floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Poor service, put in a room where there was already a guest in it. Waited 25 mins for a TV remote (this should have been in the room) when you pay £189 for a night it should be a least good. Breakfast was poor quality, most things were low, it was also cold.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank CaroleA59
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear CaroleA59,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. At the outset, I would like to apologise for the disappointment caused during your stay with us. I can assure you that this does not reflect the high standard of service which we deliver to our guests each and every day and I am sorry that on this occasion, we failed to deliver that service to you.

Our Reception Manager, Nicholas, has tried to contact you but I understand that we are yet to receive a response from you. I would be grateful if you could please make contact with Nicholas to discuss this further. You will find his contact details at the bottom of his email or alternatively, please contact my PA, Holly (holly.randall@hilton.com).

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future.

Kind regards,