“Great Location-Great Service”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #507 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was our second stay at this property and we were not disappointed. The Shepherds Bush tube stop and the Westfield Shopping Center are an easy walk. A great surrounding neighborhood. The service we received at reception was quick and efficient. The staff was very helpful in facilitating the transfer of our luggage from another hotel (If you need anything, talk to Ali at the concierge desk)The rooms are smallish so I would recommend spending a few extra pounds for access to the roomy and well equipped Executive Lounge which is located on the first floor. You get free breakfast in the morning, snacks during the day and cocktails in the evening plus free internet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rgrand207
Write a ReviewReviews (4,475)

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Spent one night here after my work Christmas meal - the hotel location was perfect for me, as it's just down the road from the Westfield shopping centre. I'd looked it up on a map beforehand, but it was actually much closer to the shopping centre and Shepherd's Bush stations than I'd realised. Despite being in a pretty busy area, and having a lively-sounding bar in the hotel itself, I couldn't hear a thing once I'd got to my room and I had a great night's sleep. The only disturbances were from other guests making a racket in the corridors during the night, but that can't be helped I guess.

Check-in was quick and pleasant enough - there was a bit of a queue when I arrived, but I was soon checked in. Room was perfectly clean and comfortable, although the view was pretty grim - on the first floor, I was overlooking hotel machinery/pipework and a cigarette butt-covered roof. However, I should add that I'd purposely booked the cheapest room I could find, as I wasn't expecting to be in the room much. The rate I paid, for central (ish) London at this time of year was very good indeed - cheaper than most of the nearby Premier Inns or Travelodges, and the Hilton has a far better location, more staff, and a better breakfast!

The breakfast was a pretty standard Hilton affair - I had breakfast around 8am Saturday morning and it was pretty quiet, so no issues at all with the service. Coffee was offered and brought quickly, plates taken away quickly. The layout of the breakfast area is a bit odd - I only found the black pudding after eating my cooked breakfast, as it's on the other side of the breakfast area, with the vegetarian sausages. The bacon was a bit iffy looking (undercooked, possibly) but apart from that it was all good.

Would stay here again if I needed to be in the area, and found a good price for a room again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Terry D
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Booked this hotel without realising how far out it is. Nearest tube is Shepherds Bush. However it's great if you want to go shopping at Westfield. Hotel didn't seem up to the standard of other Hiltons but I guess it's a bit old and dated and they can't do a lot about it. Room was a reasonable size but the bed/matress wasn't firmly fixed and kept moving. Not conducive to a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaperStoneScissors
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times. For me, it is in a great location between Central London and Stockley; with a tube station and large shopping mall within easy walking distance. Also close to Hyde park, which is very nice and relaxing if you are in to that (reading, walking, jogging, people watching). It is not like you want to stay in your room and watch TV anyway, as there is nothing really to watch (no movie channels like HBO or any American sports,; they do have an occasional football/soccer match if you are in to that). Hotel is clean and well kept. Staff are friendly and helpful. I would put the food as mediocre at best, but it is a hotel, so can't expect much. Can't beat the Hilton Exec lounge if you are a member and have access. If you have to go with room service and do not want to break your wallet, these are passable: Spaghetti Bolognese, roast beef sandwich. Only issue I have had was for international toll free calls. On a prior stay I was billed for 0800 calls and told at the front desk there are no toll free numbers in the UK (which is wrong). On my most recent stay, I was not charged for 0800 calls and asked again about the prior stay. The person I worked with at the front desk was helpful and apologized for the misinformation and prior billing. He immediately reversed the phone charges from the prior billing. I was very impressed with his customer service and willingness to take the time to go back and do the paperwork to help me. Workout facility is fine and have used it several times.

Room Tip: Have found the rooms to all be about the same regardless of floor. None are what you would call spa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Located very close to westfields mall so very convenient for shoppers, and hotel is nice, beautiful lounge and secure location. Breakfast has a good variety and is tasty. Service is quite poor though, they were busy and very understaffed, did not get any response from room service for extra blankets 2 nights in a row. This is what put us off a little. Otherwise, nice place, only need to improve their service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I spent a week in the hotel and I must admit it's not a place where I'd desire to come back. Luckily the accommodation was paid by my employer, or else I'd really be annoyed at the value for money. The check-in took forever, as the receptionists ended up fixing someone's wifi for half an hour. An enormous queue built up, but they didn't seem very concern, which was the first bad omen. The staff were relatively untrained and when I later sought some assistance, they kept sending me from one to another (it is me, of course, who has to run around). The room was very small - just a little larger than the bed. The bathroom was clean, but basic. Breakfast was relatively good and was included in the price of the room. The internet was not and it's awfully expensive, but as I was on the first floor, I could get the lobby wifi free of charge in my room. Otherwise, you're c(r)ooked! The hotel is reasonably close to the tube - Central line and some rail connections, but it's not a very fortunate solution for most places in London. Otherwise, the hotel is not exactly central; it's tilted westwards and a taxi ride may cost a fortune. All in all, I would look for another hotel in London.

Room Tip: For free wifi, close to the reception, first floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is acceptable but does not often offer the diamond hhonors member upgrades (rooms quite small and old). Personally I think that the staff need some extra training as the often struggle to comprehend basic requests from the customer, potentially language barriers

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business