“Gold/Diamond members:Avoid this hotel if you can”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #501 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bowdon, United Kingdom
“Gold/Diamond members:Avoid this hotel if you can”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are gold or Diamond VIP with the Hilton Honors Program avoid this hotel. Over the past few years I have stayed at this Hilton properties many times but in recent visits I have noticed significant deterioration on usual Hilton service. At this point, this property ranks at the very bottom especially when it comes to service, courtesy, and amenities and looking after the loyal members of the Hilton. They consider giving you free wifi is all you get as a gold member. No upgrade, etc.
In my last visit, the room was not very clean, broken light and chair, and food selection at restaurant is very limited. For sure this is my last stay here and if you are expecting to benefit from your elite statues, then you are in a wrong place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Service at this hotel was great. I was very jet lagged and working long hours during the time I stayed at this hotel (4 nights) so I made a mistake when I got my invoice while checking out. It didn't have the right address that would allow me to get reimbursement from my company! So I called on my return trip a week later and the young lady who took my call was very, very kind about it, and told me to pick up the reprinted new invoice from concierge. I had to wait a couple days before I could go pick it up, yet the correctly updated invoice was with concierge in a safe drawer, as promised! The concierge also called me a taxi service to the airport, and after I paid at the desk, took care to tell me to not accept any demands for 'extras' from the driver, in case he asked (He did not). Thank you so much for making my business trip easier for me.

The room I had in this hotel was very small so if you're planning to share, ask about room size first. I had the standard with a queen bed. It was also clean and tidy and well maintained, with good quality furniture. Breakfast was good, and the service staff at the restaurant excellent.

The location is great. The hotel is maybe a 5 minute walk to Westfield Mall, which has lots of good food options, good shopping (high and low end plus supermarket) and opens till late for England (10 p.m.). Shepherd's Bush station is right next to that, with the Central line straight into the City. The area felt safe enough for a woman to walk around alone at night to and from the Tube, and there were always at least two taxis at the cabstand.

I would definitely stay here again if I return to England for business.

Corona, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was our first time visiting London. We arrived at Heathrow and took the Heathrow express to paddington, then a taxi from there to the hotel. I believe it was about 21 pounds per person for the train and 12 pounds for the taxi ride. Since we had never been here before that was easy and quick but next time we'd take the underground because it's cheaper.

The hotel is right off the central line at the shepherds bush station. The first night when coming back to the hotel from the station was confusing but that was because we didn't leave take that station during the day. There is the Westfield mall which has a lot of restaurants and shopping. It is a little pricey but there are also fast food places nearby as well. We saw subway, Starbucks, mcdonalds.

We are hilton gold members are got upgraded from the standard room to a club room. We ate breakfast in the lounge one day and the food was typical hilton, eggs, bread, some meats. Not bad to have included in the club room.

Our room had a mini fridge with the typical stuff. The room was a good size and had enough outlets. The bathroom was fine as well. Everything was clean unlike some posts. We did not have a room with a view but that is ok. The bed was hard for my wife but not uncomfortable for me. I did have some problems with my back but I get that a lot when staying at a hotel. There is a pharmacy very close by and here they had paracetamol with codeine OTC so that helped.

Because of the location and subway we were anywhere we wanted to be in a short time. The price was great for us so I would definetly not hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room facing Holland Park Ave
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed overnight here whilst attending a gig at Shepard's bush Empire.
We got a reasonable deal and the hotel lived up to expectations being clean and convenient. The room had everything you needed for a one night stop over.
The car park at the hotel was very expensive £32 for a night so we used the car park of the Westfield shopping centre which is 2 minutes away and cost £9 for 24 hours!
Wifi was also pricey ,when are these hotels going to get into the modern era and offer free connections ?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
center
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I used this hotel for about 15 years. The front desk NEVER said welcome back. Newspapers are hit and miss..ordered the I and got FT. The rooms are small. Bathrooms have tubs that require snappling to get into. The restaurant is not good for dinner. I also never used any facilities except an occasional visit to the bar. However, the concierge/bellmen ALWAYS said hello and were efficient. the hotel is well located. You can get anywhere easily-- and you can almost say it is quiet. I was always lucky to get the rate of under £100... and as low as 74 by watching the website. I would not pay much more than that. I think it is a training hotel as the front desk is not efficient. still.... its location location so I always stay here and do not have high expectations.

Merseyside,U.K.
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Delighted to find this Hotel was a stone's throw from Sheperds Bush underground station & short trip to Central London. Was at reception within 5 minutes of getting off tube. Hotel was very nice although room was on small side and air did not work. Staff were very concerned and helpful, bringing fan and trying to fix air. Breakfast was delightful. Fantastic location next to Westfield Shopping Mall, great shops & lots of restaurant. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

First and foremost the location for this hotel is fantastic. I used the Shepherds bush tube station every morning and it was a really pleasant walk less than five minutes I would say. The hotel has a nice bar area and restaurant. There is also a gym with pool. I didn't use them so cannot say how good they are. The executive lounge was good and the foyer has publicly available Apple Macs!

On to the room, for some it might be a small room but I was glad of the huge TV screen instead of the sulu internet streaming tv. Also, all that you would need was there: iron, gown, slippers, mini bar, table, lounger. The room barely had any room around the bed though so if you are a couple you might struggle.

For those that don't know shepherds bush being five minutes away means that Westfield is also close by with many restaurants. There is also a waitrose. The entire place is open until late so great to walk n browse while it's empty. One word of advice: check the variety of the food court too before settling on the outside restaurants. And read the menu outside before taking a seat. The menus are quite compact!

All in all I would love to stay here again, I had no problems extending my stay and the location is fantastic

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room for a better view else it is grey and glum