“Very good all round hotel......”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #489 of 1,064 Hotels in London
BELFAST, United Kingdom
“Very good all round hotel......”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here now on 2 occassions and this last visit was better than the 1st. So would definitely recommend this as a central London hotel for business or pleasure. Excellent breakfast also.....

It is also in a good location for shopping with a large shopping center nearby + some great bistro restaurants on your doorstep

Room Tip: Book breakfast......... it is well worth it. An excellent buffet !!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip D
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Philip D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with all on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to learn that you had a very good stay with us and that you have stayed with us on more than one occasion and remain satisfied.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay here at Hilton London Kensington!

Kind regards,

Linda Griffin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The only thing that was Hilton about this hotel was the name sadly. Was here on business with high hopes but the room was very cramped. My room was also beside a staff room where there was a lot of clattering about (I was lucky I had ear plugs with me!). Had a meal in the bar but the waiting staff forgot my colleague's chips and my pepper sauce. Despite chasing this up, they forgot again about my pepper sauce (and by this time I had all but finished my steak). My shower door was broken and had to use my foot to keep it closed without water getting everywhere. Had to open the bathroom door when I got out of the shower because there wasn't enough room to swing a cat in it. The only things I liked were the little convenience/ gift shop and breakfast. Very disappointing indeed.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank RaversGill7
Hastings, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

First and foremost the friendliness of staff was outstanding. I had checked in and later came down to report a couple of problems, the lady at reception remembered my name and room number. Very impressed. Hotel itself is a little old in appearance. Bar downstairs rather loud and service really slow. Breakfast buffet not particularly impressive. Executive lounge really quite disappointing. Afternoon tea really poor. Young lady cleaning the service area was loud, dropped things and was not respectful of guests. Rooms a little shabby. Safe high so difficult to reach. Also quite loud could hear next door room and people in corridor. Overall ok but apart from staff not outstanding.

Room Tip: Higher up are better rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarah B
Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the Froch v's Groves fight. Carpet in room was stained, furniture was cheap looking and from the 80's. Shower curtain was all ripped, bath panel falling apart, the floor in bathroom was all chipped. Wallpaper in bedroom was torn and dirty. Not at all what I was expecting from a well known name like the Hilton. I have worked in the Hilton Glasgow along with a few other hotels and if I had any complaints about a room it would get sorted. The whole of this hotel needs rejuvenated. Also if you ask concierge to phone you a taxi you will be charged double of normal price. I know this because the taxi driver told me himself. Reason being the concierge get the extra money. So you are better calling a taxi yourself. Would never stay here again. Shocking hotel. Reception staff nice though.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa120779
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Lisa120779,

I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay and at the outset, please accept my apologies. We do have procedures in place with regards to checking the rooms thoroughly but clearly this was not followed on this occasion. I do very much hope that you informed a member of our team in order that we were able to make this right?

With regards to your comments about our concierge team, I am unsure as to why the taxi driver informed you of this as it is most certainly not the case and I am quite alarmed at the situation. I would be most grateful if we could have a little more of your time in order that we can obtain further information. I would be most grateful if you could please contact my PA, Holly (holly.randall@hilton.com) and she will take further details from you.

Having worked within the Hilton group yourself, I am sure you appreciate that it is our aim to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected and I hope that you provided us with your constructive feedback before departure.

Kind regards,

Linda Griffin
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Paid £112 for one night, and didn't feel it was great value for money. The room was fine, but nothing special and the "free wifi" only allowed you up to one hour on the internet if you were willing to sit in reception. They tried to charge me £15 to use wifi in my room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Naomi C
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Cannot fault my 2-night stay here in May 2014! Fantastic hotel, highly recommended and a credit to the Hilton brand. The advance purchase weekend deal with breakfast was fantastic value and worked out cheaper than many budget hotels in London. Great for a trip to the Royal Albert Hall close by and well located for bus and tube.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Giessen, Germany
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here for business, and the location was good, because I had business at Queen Charlotte's Hospital, and this was the closest Hilton. Overall, the hotel had some very good and some not-so-good aspects.

The good: The staff were very friendly. The concierge was extremely helpful, and I arrived without an electrical socket converter, and the concierge promptly gave me one! The hotel is also located across the road from a huge shopping mall. That was great, as all the amenities and food options were there. Also, the Shepherd's Bush tube station was there, so, access all over was easy. Teresa V. in the Executive Lounge was a gem, and always very helpful and very efficient and friendly.

The bad: (i) The hotel is not in Kensington, it is in Shepherd's Bush, and I find the confusing name a little inappropriate. If one really expected to end up in Kensington, if could be disappointing. (ii) This might be a one-off experience, but my check-in experience was not so great. There was a trainee being trained, which I understand and am generally ok with, but this trainee had NO idea about anything, which protracted to process considerably. And then, a few other problems cropped up. Generally, Diamond members get an upgrade: not here! Here it was an extra GBP90 for an upgrade to a suite. Also, ok. The problem was, it was not a suite. It was an extra (small) adjoining room, that looked like somebody had tried to beat down the door (splintered and paint rubbed off). It certainly was not worth an extra GBP90. (iii) The bedroom and bed were small, but more disturbing.... the bed smelled of curry! Not the sheets: those were new! The curry scent had infused itself into the mattress below. It's not something one can easily ignore while trying to fall asleep. (iv) As mentioned about, Teresa in the Executive Lounge was fantastic, but the lounge, although large, crams the food, et cetera into a small space, so during "peak hour", it is very hard to access anything! Also, for some reason, the coffee out of the machine was always cold or lukewarm. Either the heat settings are too low, or the milk is too cold! (v) I had trouble securing a late checkout. But, this is ok, as I understanding that the guest rooms need to be prepared, so, no complaint there.

Overall, due to the location to my place of work, I would stay here again. But next time, I will definitely first check the size of the room before agreeing to pay for it, and will check the state of the mattress, just in case :)

Room Tip: Check the room /suite size, before going for the upgrade!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business