“Good location but needs improvement” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton London Kensington

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #471 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good location but needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our check-in was fast although we had to carry our luggage up ourselves despite porters being there. Their was no wireless internet service in the rooms, which we were not informed about, and is available only in the common areas. The room service extension on our phone was never answered, despite going through reception and several dishes on the menu had been removed, though the menus had not been updated for six months. The mini fridge is unlocked through a central location via the reception and they did not inform us of such after struggling to open it, when it was accessible we removed a chocolate bar that was not replaced for the entire length of our stay. It is the small things that matter when you are in a hotel and we found that it was extremely noisy. We could hear everyone banging their doors as they came in and out of their rooms and people walking up and down the corridor including the staff who frequently but accidentally knocked the cart into our door. The rooms were very clean and comfortable but squeezed for space. The washroom had a bath tub which was great. The location is excellent giving you access into London easily. The shopping mall is not far and there are a few good restaurants around. The breakfast at the hotel was far too pricey, so we frequented Neros every morning where the coffee is good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear smatlock10,

Whilst I am most grateful for you taking the time to share your experience with us, I was disturbed to learn of the various difficulties you encountered. I must sincerely apologise for the poor service you received and can assure you that this does not reflect the usual high level of service which we deliver to our guests. I have shared your invaluable feedback with the departmental heads within the hotel and will be ensuring that further training is undertaken. We aim to ensure that each and every guest feels cared for, valued and respected but this clearly was not shown to you on this occasion and for that I am truly sorry.

I do very much hope that when you are next visiting from Nairobi you choose to stay at Hilton London Kensington again in order that we can restore your faith in our hotel.

Linda Griffin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hilton Kensington, and I must say what a refreshing hotel with excellent staff. After a long hot day working at the London Film and Comic Con, we really needed a comfortable, stress free, and quiet hotel to relax in, and as soon as we met Carl G. a front desk receptionist we knew we had come to the right place. Carl was extremely knowledgeable, helpful, and funny. With his fast service we were in our room and relaxing in no time. After which we ordered room service because we couldn't be asked to go out again, and we were glad we did, I ordered a Hilton burger, fries and a side salad, lets just say none of it survived. Lol The room was clean and well furnished, my only small complaint about the room was there wasn't a wall plug near the bedside table for my phone charger, but that's not at all a deal breaker in my eyes. We will definitely consider staying there again, whenever we're in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed over night 18th June for a business trip, the hotel was in a good location in a shopping area with bars and restaurants near by. The hotel room was a good size with air con. the bed was very comfy ideal for an over night stay but be warned very expensive

Room Tip: only stayed one night so couldnt comment
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Peter B,

I was pleased t learn that you enjoyed your business stay with us last month. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us via TripAdvisor.

I hope we see you back at Hilton London Kensington in the future for another satisfactory stay, be it business or pleasure.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We got a great deal that included breakfast and I had been slightly worried over the distance from central London but needn't have worried at all--the station at Shepherds Bush is very close but I preferred the walk along to Holland Park as it's such a nice street to wander along. There are very regular buses which stop right outside too.
Christina at the front desk was very welcoming and offered us the chance of a late check out as she noticed they weren't busy on our departure day. She also took notice of my request for a quiet room and gave us room 1100 which is the farthest away from the lift--not a bit of noise and as it's at the side of the hotel there was no traffic noise at all
The room itself wasn't big-- I wasn't expecting that-- but it was perfectly clean as was the bathroom and the shower was very big. Free wi-fi only in the lobby and that's a bugbear of mine. It's not only this hotel that has this policy but I think in this day and age its unacceptable.

Breakfast is served buffet style and it was very good! I really wasn't expecting much but there was a good selection of hot and cold items, fresh breads, croissants and juices. I'm always dubious over scrambled eggs on buffets but somehow they had this exactly right! Really tasty. We didn't have to wait for a table either of the mornings we stayed but we were quite early--there was a queue when we left.

I'd definitely stay here again. It was perfect for our needs and we loved the area .

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back and there will be no traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Daisiegee,

I am delighted that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay here and am pleased that we demonstrated our usual first class service to you and your partner!

You kind comments have been shared with the team who were equally as thrilled to learn of your satisfaction and we are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. We are extremely lucky to be in such a wonderful location with great transport links into town, whilst remaining outside the congestion zone – a big plus for those travelling by car and using our secure underground car park.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor!

Maastricht
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The location of the hotel is fine in Kensington. The price of the room is quite high for the service you will get; The mini bar was not working in my room..I had to wait one hour to have a club sandwich at the bar..the TV screen quality was very poor in the room..and it was not possible to check out on the last day because the system was down - Free wifi is only available in common areas, not in the rooms (15£ per day!!) - all these little things together,I would thus not recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Joul21
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Joul21,

I am most grateful for you taking the time to share your feedback with us.

However, I was disappointed to learn that you were disappointment with a few things, being the TV reception in your room and the mini bar not working. I do hope that you reported these issues whilst staying with us in order that we could make them right. I must also sincerely apologise for you having to wait one hour for your sandwich to be delivered. This is unacceptable and certainly not reflective of the usual first class, speedy service we provide our guests. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef and Bar Manager who will work together to ensure that no future guest is inconvenienced in the same manner as you.

I very much hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future when I am confident we will show you that we are a more than average hotel.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Upon arrival, we had fantastic service. We were able to get our room upgraded and the room was fantastic! I could definitely see a difference though with the upgraded room and the regular room in terms of the quality of the room. The location was great as far as closeness to the tube, however, in the long run this didn't help us because we had our baby and a stroller. Which, if you have been to London, does not bode well with using the tube. So we used cab services a lot. That being said, I would have preferred to be a little closer but if you are able to use the Tube then the location is just fine! Overall had a good stay and would def recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RAD143
Dear RAD143,

I was delighted to learn that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us!

I have shared your kind feedback with the team and we all very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Hilton London Kensington when you are next visiting from the States.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Good hotel in general, this is a very large hotel and you do not feel it in the lobby area. Professional Front Desk, Concierge, Bar staff etc etc

Bathrooms are unacceptably small - unable to stand up and shower properly
Guestrooms have in room iron and iron boards, in room safe, I was in an Executive Room and had a large HD Plasma TV

Wifi is charged for in the guestrooms which I find unacceptable

Good and prompt room service for Breakfast

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear John013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your invaluable feedback, following your stay with us this month. I was delighted to learn that the team treated you well in all departments!

With regards to the size of your room, we do have several room categories available to our guests; being King, Deluxe, Executive, Junior and Executive Suites and the Presidential Suite, with the additional option of a bath or shower. We do have special offers on our website and in addition, you can upgrade when you check in. When you are a Hilton Honors member, at Gold and Diamond you will also receive complimentary wifi in your bedroom as well as a complimentary upgrade as a Diamond, together with a wealth of other amenities. If you are not already a member, then perhaps should you return to stay with us, one of our receptionists will be delighted to assist in enrolling you to the free/non-obligatory program.