“Rooms with twin beds bigger than king.”

Hilton London Kensington
Ranked #519 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Some restaurants an shops near by. Area very nice and safe. Our room was smaller than our children's room. We had more in the room, including balcony, hair dryer, iron, safe etc. The shower door did not close right so I called the problem in. Maintenance knew the problem and the parts were on back order. They could change our room if we wanted. Hotels in London are expensive this was less expensive than other Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear 888Penguin,

Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor following your family’s stay with us recently. I was pleased to learn that you were satisfied with the service you received and that you liked the wonderful location in which we are based. I must, however, apologise for the difficulties you encountered with the shower door not closing properly. Our Maintenance Team are working together to ensure that no future guests are inconvenienced in the same way that you were.

I hope that you and your family enjoyed your time in London and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed at the Hilton in Kensington over the Bank Holiday weekend for the Notting Hill carnival. The check in process was long winded and felt as if the receptionists weren't sure what they were doing. We waited for about 10 minutes even though the people in front of us were both being served at the time. When we eventually checked in we were told we had access to the executive lounge, only to be told in the next breath that we didn't. There was a gentleman next to us checking in who was told "you checked in this morning". When he told them he hadn't the receptionist looked puzzled and said "so you're here now?!!"
When we arrived at the room we were shocked how small it was. We'd booked a deluxe double and had to check online to see whether thay'd given us the right room. On the Hilton website it states the room has a 'tub'. It doesn't - it has a shower. It also stated it came with complimentary robes and slippers - it didn't. I phoned the desk and to their credit the robes and slippers were in the room when we came back from dinner.
The bathroom and wardrobe doors have to be sliding as there is no room to have opening doors! My wife and I also couldn't cross the same point of the room at the same time due to lack of space. It was also impossible to dry yourself properly in the bathroom with the door closed.
I would definitely not stay at the Hilton Kensington again and would not recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andyn656

Dear andyn656,

I was sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied during your recent stay and at the outset, please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused.

As a testament to the hotel’s service, we receive an array of wonderful feedback about the personalised and friendly service our team deliver and I have therefore shared your comments with our Front of House Manager for the teams retraining. I was also sorry to read that your amenities were not in your room. This area of feedback has also been shared with the housekeeping management team in order that they can ensure no future guest is inconvenienced in the same manner.

I must thank you for taking the time to provide us with your invaluable feedback. It is only through feedback such as yours that enables us to better our products and services each and every day. Despite your confirmation of not returning, we do hope to welcome you back in the future when I am confident you will see your experience is not reflect of our usual standards.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

My wife and I stay here each year (so that says something) when we attend a trade show at Olympia. We usually get a reasonable rate and always book an executive room.
The hotel is clean and tidy and even though the rooms are small I find them comfortable and have everything I need; especially as we only tend to stay for one night. We usually book an executive room as this gives you access to the executive lounge. I think the fruit you get warrants the status of the room being executive, otherwise I doubt there is any difference with a standard. You also get free wifi, but then I am not sure whether you do in a standard room
The lounge is nothing more than a few tired and threadbare chairs and tables with a snack and drinks area. Soft drinks are available all through the day and at night they serve warm (usually chicken on sticks) and a selection of salads and dips. It is not bad. Breakfast is also reasonable with a few warm dishes - bacon, scrambled egg and sausages, toast etc and cereal. It is nowhere near the selection of the main breakfast.
One of the annoying factors of the executive room is the lack of Hilton staff available in the lounge reception. This contributes to many children running around and are playing on the 'business' PCs at an annoyingly high level of volume. Being typically British I only moan to my wife, but if the Hilton member of staff was present you could at least tell them and ask them to do something about it rather than risking a punch in the face from some parent.
On the whole the staff are polite and can provide local knowledge on restaurants etc.
Olympia is about 15 mins walk and there is a huge shopping mall across the roundabout, if that is your thing.
No doubt we will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Caproc,

I was so pleased to learn that you are one of our loyal, returning guests and must thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. Your kind comments have been passed on to the team and they were equally pleased to learn of your continued satisfaction and comfort when staying at the hotel.

However, I was disappointed to learn that you are not entirely satisfied with the Executive Lounge, one aspect being the disturbance caused by children. The Executive Lounge is a haven where our guests can unwind, relax and enjoy the complimentary refreshments throughout the day. This includes that of families who are staying with us and who have opted to have exclusive access to the Lounge. There is, however, a specific time in the evenings when children are not allowed to be in the Lounge. In addition, we do request that guests with young children respect other guests utilising the Lounge and keep the disturbance to a minimum. I have shared your comments regarding this issue to our Front of House Manager who will review the procedures in place but I must stress that should you encounter any problems in the hotel, any single member of the team would be more than happy to assist.

Once again, thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Breakfast buffet is chaotic and unsupervised, definite lack of organisation. Cooked items look unappetising. bacon appeared deep fried, sausages just pink! Staff not interested definitely not worth paying for.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 770tinag,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your invaluable feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for any disappointment caused during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the food and beverage and kitchen management team who are looking into your comments with regards to the quality of service delivered during your stay. I can assure you that this is not reflective of the usual first class service delivered by our team throughout the hotel.

Many thanks once again for your assistance and feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the future when I am confident you will have a much more satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My granddaughters and I stayed three nights and had comfortable beds and clean room however housekeeping is very poor, three people in room and only enough milk for two, when we phoned for extra coffee and milk it didn't come, No free Wii fi in the rooms and then we were asked to pay an amount of money for use of items in mini bat which were not used. This was challenged and reduced. Great location with easy access to city, all in all a nice stay

• Stayed: August 2014
Hilton-Kensington, General Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Nanaparker64,

I am pleased that you and your granddaughters had a comfortable stay with us and I hope that you enjoyed your time in London together.

I was, however, disappointed to learn of the difficulties you encountered with housekeeping. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping management team and they have asked that their apologies be linked with mine. Retraining will be conducted within the department to ensure that no future guests are inconveneinced in the same way.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Kind regardws,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Our tour company booked us here both before and after our tour (2+ weeks apart). I always enjoyed my stay here. Great breakfast buffet in the restaurant in the mornings. At night, dinner was served in the lounge. My meals were excellent. Even had the treat of a young man on the piano several evenings. The waitresses and waiters were very hospitable. Those at the concierge desk were always helpful. Even the saleswoman in the gift shop was friendly; I got a bag which I used to carry "stuff" on the tour, I can't find any fault with the hotel. The hotel is located west of Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens on Holland Ave. I've never stayed on that side of town before so it was an interesting experience. A new shopping mall was only a few minutes away. But traffic is very heavy in London in August. I would use the bus system (excellent) to get around. I used a cab go to the mall. There is a taxi rank in front of the hotel. There was a bus stop there also. The tube was within walking distance, I believe. Also on that side of town is Harrod's, the V&A Museum, Royal Albert Memorial, and Royal Albert Hall. Under other circumstances (mine), the location would have been perfect for attending the Proms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RedFox_12

Dear RedFox_12,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your multiple stays with us!

I have passed on your wonderful feedback to the team here and I speak on behalf of everyone when I said we very much hope to welcome you back to Hilton London Kensington in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We were here for 2 nights and we had nothing to complain about! We have booked a deluxe twin-room away from the elevator, because the elevators in this hotel make a lot of noise! The shower and bathtub were quite small. A complementary bottle of water was waiting for us in the room and was very welcome, because it was very warm in the city that day! The restaurant is absolutely suburb with delicious food and a good amount of local and foreign beers! The only downside is the price of the food and drinks in the hotel. Westfield shopping centre is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Shepherds Bush is the nearest Underground station and provides a fast service into oxford street and beyond. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator!