“Comfortable and Clean”

Crowne Plaza London Kensington
Ranked #123 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is a nice hotel in general. The furniture is totally worn out and outdated. The Crowne Plaza is clean and very comfortable. Our flight arrived early in the morning and we where exhausted so they gave us a free upgrade to a double suite and got us in ASAP. Overall this is a great hotel for people traveling in a group that want inexpensive comfortable service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cole H
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Cole H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that our staff looked after you so well. You will be pleased to hear that we have a rooms refurbishment planned for later this year and all of our bedrooms are being remodelled and refurbished inn a contemporary style with all new furnishings.

I hope we can welcome you back soon so that you can enjoy this!

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,542)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Do NOT confuse this Hotel with
Holiday Inn Forum across the street..
Suggest the Superior rooms...
2 story rooms
Sitting room and desk on 1st floor
Bedroom and Bath on 2nd floor..
Breakfast was very good,.
Staff friendly and helpful
Gloucester Road tube station
about 250 feet away..
Central-District and Piccadilly Lines
Wait rose Grocery store across the street

Room Tip: Superior rooms are Very Nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CHICAGO049

Dear CHICAGO049,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and got to experience our wonderful executive suites. These are ideal for longer stays as they feature a separate living area and separate bedroom, offering guests plenty of room to spread out.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the Crowne Plaza. The staff was very pleasant, professional and helpful. The room itself was very comfortable...nice bed and pillows. We really enjoyed being able to step out and be very near Hyde Park, museums and tube stations. We'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EllaAO

Dear EllaAO,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to London. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you felt able to give us a 5/5 review like so many of our other guests! Our location is indeed ideal for exploring London – three of the best museums in town (the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum) are just five minutes from our front door and the underground is just outside our hotel.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We are staying here and this is our forth night.

Good

1. Location is great and the suite is very nice.

2. Club lounge is decent and serves nice quality breakfast and the lady at the club lounge is absolutely fantastic.

Poor

3. House keeping needs to do a bit more work and wash the mugs and glasses!!! They need to tidy up the bathroom shelves.

4. Receptionist has never once smiled to the guest or greeted us with anything like good morning or welcome back. In fact they have never even glanced their eyes on the guess.

5. I asked for a shoe horn from guest service and she said "I don't understand what it is".

6. I asked for clean mugs but I got plates and knives.

7. Concierge seems to be very unhappy and feels extremely uncomfortable with the guests. He is helpful but need to have some facial expression training. Either he has stomachache for the past 72 hours or he just hates being at the hotel.

8. I will write more...

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank WVanichprapa
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear WVanichaprapa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We take feedback from our guests very seriously and our goal is to ensure everyone has a memorable and comfortable stay.

I have relayed your comments to our heads of department so that they can review them with your team members. I am very sorry that you found our staff a little unhelpful and please rest assured that this is unusual as we take pride in our customer service.

I believe you spoke to our head concierge in the last 24 hours and he has assisted in ensuring the remainder of your stay was as memorable as possible.

I do hope we can welcome you back on your return to London.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Quality, luxurious, comfortable atmosphere... Excellent staff, especially Monika who happily honored our booking request for an upgrade... to a fabulous suite. Comfortable bed, very good breakfasts; dinner at Umami was delicious, with fresh and varied Malaysian food, served with smiles and explanations. Naueen and his serving staff were friendly and prompt. Garden bar was a quiet oasis. Great location and transport links. We look forward to staying here when next in London.
J.E. Ryan, Nova Scotia, Canada

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Pictonian2014

Dear Pictonian2014,

Thank you so much for your lovely review – we love receiving feedback from our valued guests and I am very pleased you reviewed your stay with us. Our in house restaurant Umami is wonderful and serves delicious and authentic food from Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

I have passed your comments onto Naveen and Monika who were both delighted that they looked after you so well.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I think that this hotel is great. This is the second time that I have stayed here. The first time was a couple of years ago, on business and the more recent stay was on holidays with my wife and daughter. A friendly and clean hotel, well located and close to the the Gloucester Road Underground. Plenty of nearby shops and restaurants and a close walk to Kensington Gardens. The size of the rooms are generous for London and are clean and modern with nice bathrooms. Breakfast was great and staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that overlook the garden/ courtyard. A hidden secret from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Craig E,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! Our bedrooms are indeed large by London standards and all of our family rooms feature two double beds – not singles like in most neighbouring hotels.

I’m very pleased you were able to enjoy Kensington Gardens. This is just ten minutes’s walk from our front door an ideal way to spend an afternoon in summer.

I hope we can welcome you back for a third time in the future!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at CP Kensington for 3 nights. The location is very good. Many nice restaurants nearby. Gloucester tube station just a minute walk away. Well, Piccadilly line trains do not stop here until November, so it made the travel a bit more complicated. Maybe this is anyway something some people are interested to know.

We were first upgraded to a suite, which was on 2 floors. For us it was not very convenient, since it meant one of us had to sleep alone downstairs and the extrabed was not so comfortable. I have the feeling that hotel was fully booked and some bigger families needed "our room". Anyway I feel that the receptionist should have understood it was not good for our group, but still suggested it as an upgrade..
After the first night we asked for another room and as it was no longer fully booked, for the next 2 nights we got the room which we had originally booked (with two double beds) and that was very nice. Overlooking the gardens. The suite was facing the Cromwell road, but we didnt hear any noise from the street.

In the new room we had some issues like they brought us the complimentary water only after we asked for it a few times. The answer was that someone had tried to bring it , but we were not in the room.. Well, personnal came into our rooms with their own keys, without knocking, a couple of times while we were in the room..

We couldnt get the minibar open. Concierge told us it is because reception didn´t have our credit card. I had tried to give the my credit card when we arrived, they said not needed. Tried to do that again after concierge advice, and still they didn´t need it. (because I am the Gold Elite member, I was told).

So, not big issues, but without them I could have given 5 stars.

We will certainly consider booking this hotel again, when travelling to London next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Missnelly

Dear Missnelly,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in London. I am very sorry for the small inconveniences you have pointed out – these are things we should get right and please accept my assurances that we usually do. Water is complimentary for all of our guests and should be placed in the room daily.

I am pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope we can welcome you back in the future on your return to London.