Crowne Plaza London Kensington
US$156
US$144
US$204
2,735 results
All reviewsthe club loungetube stationumami restauranttwo double bedsduplex suitethe natural history museumcromwell roadunagiwaitrose supermarketoverlooking the gardenthe royal albert hallpiccadilly lineholiday innheathrow airportconcierge staffhyde parkexcellent location
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Crown Plaza after having done our research beforehand or so we thought. We were staying for a treat for our sons 18th so we had wanted somewhere central and accessible but of a good standard so we thought this met our needs. The hotel on arrival appeared lovely with a nice reception area and the staff were efficient and friendly. Our room initially appeared a little tired although adequate with a good sized and modern bathroom, the shower was not very powerful though! On further inspection though we were shocked to find an empty mini bar with a bag of out of date carrots in it! I immediately contacted reception who said they would send someone up to deal with it. After 10- 15 mins no one had attended and we were going out so I again reminded them at reception. On return that evening the hotel had left us a letter apologising as well as a bottle of wine. Unfortunately when getting ready that evening I found a dirty plastic spoon in the drawer when using the hair drier, it was disgusting. Therefor when removing the mouldy carrots and stocking the unfilled mini bar, on the second attempt housekeeping didn't service the room from the prior occupants! Obviously we again informed management. I obviously thoroughly checked the sheets and bathroom and the remainder of the room appeared clean although in retrospect I wish we had demanded to be moved as we felt very uncomfortable staying in a room which had obviously not been adequately serviced.

We had a lovely breakfast on our first morning. It is beautiful, freshly made to order as well as a very tasty buffet. When we returned at 4.40pm we found the housemaid just entering our room to service it from that morning! I had never come apron that in a hotel of this standard prior. We were returning to watch them football at 5pm but instead went to to bar which luckily was showing the Italy game ( we were not expecting this in London when England were playing at the same time ) We had been out all day and feel our room should have been serviced so on top of everything else that had occurred the day previously I felt this hotel has a serious housekeeping problem. We spoke to the guest relations manger who was most apologetic and is a credit to the team. I don't feel he was in any way responsible for the issues we had throughout our stay and certainly took them seriously as well as ensuring they were being addressed. He was certainly very empathetic.
The hotel has a lovely garden at the back where you can sit and have a coffee or drink, the bar area and bar staff are also very attentive and friendly. We had a wonderful holiday in London, unfortunately Crown Plaza Kensington didn't meet our expectations however hopefully it was a housekeeping blip due to sickness, holiday period. I certainly hope this wouldn't be their usual standard of cleanliness and housekeeping.

Room Tip: Thoroughly check it on arrival!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Powerpuff66
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear MazzoniV,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Kensington this week. I am very sorry that your stay did not meet the high standards we set ourselves. Our guests certainly should not find used items in their rooms and I have already brought this up with our Executive housekeeper so that she can review this.

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope we can welcome you back soon and restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We chose the Crowne Plaza for two reasons: its location and rooms had two queen/double beds. On this trip to London I was travelling with my husband and three children. We booked two rooms - this meant my teenage daughter and twin boys could comfortably share one room. The outside of the hotel looks nothing special, however once you step into the hotel lobby it is contemporary and luxurious. The staff were friendly and helpful at check-in. The corridors to our rooms seemed rather dram - brown carpets, but the rooms, although a little bit tired, were good. The bathrooms are very nice - fully tiled and equipped with plenty of towels. The beds are very comfortable, too. I love the location. It is only a couple of minutes walk to Gloucester Rd tube station. A Waitrose and Tesco's are close by so convenient for buying water, snacks and other necessities. My daughter and I were easily able to get to Wimbledon the next day. We ate at Ask, an Italian style restaurant opposite the Crowne Plaza, and were told that Federer often ate there!! The location was also easy to get to and from Heathrow. We had drinks and snacks in the bar one night. The bar was full with people watching the World Cup (football/soccer). Food was slow arriving. However, the staff were attentive and apologetic and gave us a free round of drinks. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel B

Dear Rachel B,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Crowne Plaza London Kensington. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A clean, and guest friendly spot offering quick access to the train and a variety of restaurants and shops. We were here over a week and saw as much of London as we could, but enjoyed our home away from home with its quaint backyard and wonderful location just minutes away by train from everything.

Room Tip: For the 4 of us, 2 double beds worked. Too much to do to spend a lot of time in the room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin G

Dear Kevin G,

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My family has stayed at this hotel everytime we are in London, in the last 10 years or so. It is conveniently located. The tube is just across the street. There is a well stocked supermarket and restaurants in the same building and if you want fast food, it's just down the road. The Albert and Victoria, and the Natural History Museums are a mere 10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear helenngbl,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed here countless times as it is my go-to hotel in London. Here is my update : I am pleased to say it is even better now. My room appeared to be recently renovated. The location is great but be aware that the Gloucester stop on the Picadilly line will not be available until December. The staff is very helpful and quite amusing. I recommend this hotel highly. I don't see how you can do better

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple