This hotel has many things going for it - convenient location for accessing central London via the Tube, nice rooms and great pricing. I also assume that for anyone booking a room+breakfast rate, the buffet breakfast is good, hence the previous positive reviews.
However, I would like to warn people not to bother getting a room with Club access...it is a MAJOR letdown, which along with the service provided by many staff members really drags this hotel down.
1. No staff at all in the Lounge, which means that you have to call from the provided phone for everything...which would in itself not be a problem, but combined with the fact that the espresso machine (and only source of hot water) was broken, that there was no milk available for tea and in one morning the Internet on the provided PC was not functional made for a truly frustrating experience, especially since the staff with the requested items would either not come at all (2 calls and nearly 1 hour for some damn milk and hot water!) or take at least 20 minutes to do so.
2. I don't expect for evening canapes in the lounge to amount to a meal, but when you have at least 10 people there at any one time time in the evening, you can't provide a dozen (literally, I counted!) canapes refilled just 2 times over the two hour cocktail period. In all fairness, the alcohol was plentiful, but this was the first time I have ever been to a hotel lounge that was so stingy, they didn't even have anything else besides said canapes, no crisps/peanuts, absolutely nothing! How much could it possibly cost them to double the amount offered? I am not alone in this opinion, I could see all the guests being very irritated by this and I doubt any of them will book a Club room in this hotel again...so who ends up the loser?
3. This was by far the craziest thing I've ever seen in a hotel breakfast - absolutely NO BREAD! Besides some jams, cereal and some (very nice, to be honest) cheese, they had salami and ham and croissants with powdered sugar and vanilla danishes as the only pastries! Who eats salami or ham as-is or with a sugary piece of pastry?? I requested some toast and it was brought (about 20 minutes later) as some kind of big favor...the next morning another couple asked for some and they were flat-out denied! Since I see that the manager replies to the reviews here, I would like him to reiterate the policy that I was informed of: "We do not provide bread for American Breakfast in the Lounge". Nice, right? People who wanted cereal weren't much better off, either...they had a single carafe of milk, which of course ran out immediately and was replaced after 20-30 minutes. Again, how much would it cost them to provide a loaf of bread and some more milk? Of course eggs were completely out of the question, so I see management thinks this definition: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/American-breakfast.html is outdated or something...
It's really a pity that a potentially truly nice business hotel experience is ruined by some decisions that could not possibly cost more than 1-2$/guest/night to implement. They would have loyal guests flocking at this price point, which is truly excellent for London, but they prefer to waste goodwill for minimal gains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish West London hotel with fast access to the city centre, on-site dining and excellent business facilities Crowne Plaza(R) London Ealing hotel is located next to Hanger Lane Tube Station, so you can be in Central London for a meeting or a night out in 25 minutes. We're right beside the A40 too, so you can get to Heathrow Airport (LHR) in half an hour. Bring your colleagues with you and book a room at our quiet, self-contained meeting centre, which can seat up to 80. Digital projectors and wireless microphones help ensure a seamless presentation, and our smart breakout café has drinks and snacks to keep everyone going. WiFi is complimentary, there's ample parking, and our Crowne Plaza Meetings Director helps everything go like clockwork. If you have some time off, you can take in a concert at nearby Wembley Arena. Catch the Tube and Covent Garden theatres, Soho restaurants and Savile Row's designer boutiques are all within a short ride. Stretch your legs in the nature reserve at leafy Richmond Park, only 5 miles away. Our sophisticated West 5 Brasserie and Bar is an ideal place to entertain guests over a grilled sirloin steak, pan-fried sea bass or a Starbucks coffee. Relax with a glass of wine in our colourful contemporary lounge, where you can watch Sky Sports too. Wind down at our free fitness centre, open 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London
- London Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn London