“Good hotel to stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Barcelona
“Good hotel to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I stay at Crowne Plaza quite often and in overall is a good hotel.
Reception is cold but effective. The surroundings are not very lively, but Central Line is just at the gate and you can reach the city centre in 20-25 minutes, or Shepherds Bush in just 10.
The room itself and breakfast are at high standard.
There are just two things that I do not like from this hotel: internet, which is not free; and Television, the avalability of channels is very limited.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank dabitrr
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your positive feedback. I note your comments on the internet charges and tv channel selection in bedrooms. We are investigating a dual internet option, which could give free access for low bandwidth requirement and a chargeable high bandwidth requirement; however this is still at very early stages. We do offer a selection of freeview channels in our bedrooms coupled with a range pay movies; for those looking for sport our 2 large screen HD tvs in the bar are readily available.
Gordon Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Fareham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

The staff on reception were very welcoming and the check in was very quick.
The hotel is very clean and our room was spotless.
The bar food is good but quite expensive , breakfast was excellent although glad it was included in the price as £17.50 is much too expensive.
Only 15 minute bus ride to Wembley so ideal location for visiting the stadium or arena

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCHUT
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

Firstly allow me to state that the rooms are great and my problem has nothing to do with the hotel itself. My problem started when my company booked me into the hotel for 1 night. They have an account so I did not expect to part with any money. However upon checking out I was charged £97. At first I had no issue as I was sure all would be sorted. My company contacted CP and a refund was agreed. Imagine my surprise when I found they had charged me £147 in case I used any facilities. It is also 5 days since my stay and no refund. To say I'm a little upset would be an understatement.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank Stuart N
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 31 May 2011
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive comments on the hotel and the bedrooms. I am very sorry to note that the pre-authorisation procedure was obviously not clearly understood when you entered your pin number authorising the amount on your card. If the pre-authorisation has still not been released by your bank, please contact the hotel directly, so we can assist to resolve as a matter of urgency.
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

We have stayed in this hotel for a weekend and were satisfied of the quality of the stay.
The location is not ideal but as there were a tube just in front of the hotel it is not bad either.
The room are adeguate and well decorated.
The staff was attentive and read to answer our questions and help us.
The breakfast was not included in our fare but we were offered to have it for 10£ each.
We accepted and so we had the breakfat two times. The breakfast is an English breakfast with all normal stuff and we had also the possibility to order a place at our choice (omelette, fried eggs, etc.).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your feedback. I am pleased to note that all aspects of your stay were positive and particularly that you found the staff attentive.
Porvoo, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

Very nice and clean hotel. It´s located just 50 meters from the Hanger Lane undeground station. Staff was really great!

Stayed April 2011
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 4 May 2011
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding the positive feedback following your recent stay with us.
Daventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

I have been staying almost full time as this hotel for the past 4 months and it has always been a relaxing and warm experience. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. I am almost always greeted by name by majority of staff from the restaurant to the reception desk.

The rooms I feel are very comfortable and well laid out. Some people may find the traffic noise from the Hanger Lane Gyratory a problem but everytime I have checked in, I have been given the option of a room at the back of the hotel so as to avoid the noise.

Breakfast is very well stocked, with a hot buffet along with a nice selection of ham and breakfast meats, cereals and fruit.

In short, I have felt very comfortable and looked after in my extended stays at the Crowne Plaza and there is a reason I have kept coming back for the past 4 months.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your comments. I am very pleased to note that the hotel has consistantly achieved good standards over a four month period and particularly glad to note that you have been greeted by your name on a regular basis.
hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

stayed here after a night out in london. easy to get to even when hanger lane tubestation closed. enjoyable breakfast and comfortable nights sleep

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your positive feedback.