“great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Ranked #268 of 1,078 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Great hotel very friendly and helpful reception staff. Rooms really clean breakfast well organised and really nice. Good location for getting in to london, tube just over the road and straight through on the central line. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your positive feedback.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We recently stayed at crowne Plaza Ealing and Sam at reception was the most helpful staff at any hotel EVER! He accomodated all our needs and went out of his way to help us in whatever we needed. Thank you again Sam!
The restaurant was very pleasant too, with quality food and the tube station is about a one minute walk.
Had a very pleasant stay overall and mostly thanks to Sam for it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback; I will thank Sam personally.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Great hotel right near the tube. Good value for the money. I got a good deal via hotwire.
Very clean rooms. Very tiny though but i guess its usual for UK.

the only issue I had was that you have to pay for the Wi-Fi

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback. I do note your comment on the wi-fi and can confirm that it is indeed free in public areas between 9am - 5pm and chargeable at other times.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stay here every week for at least one day, last week I booked a feature club room for 2 nights on arrival at 15.45 was told the room would be ready in 15 minutes and to wait. In the room the shower bracket was broken, so I decided to have a soak and watch the Olympics only to find the TV was out of order, maintenance checked and advised it would be fixed tomorrow, not impressed the best room is not up to scratch. On complaining to reception a letter was left in my room advising they would refund 1days parking charge.(in my opinion a very poor response. Management made no effort to contact me to apologise. Being a Platinum member my loyalty was not rewarded. Customer care is obviously not important to the management of this establishment. Will take my custom elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sajidb

Dear reviewer, I am extremely dissapointed to read your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the two maintenance issues in the bathroom. I have now fully investigated and can give you some balanced feedback. Both items were as you describe and both were fixed within 24 hours of being reported. I know that you were contacted twice by hotel management (one actually came to your room) and offered a room move, which was declined, therefore I am puzzled by your comments on that aspect. I am also aware that satisfaction on the removal of the car park charge as compensation was checked upon departure.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I was really disappointed by our stay. It is terrifying to get into the car park - the entry is straight off one of London's scariest roundabouts - people are turning left to join the A40 and they are not expecting you to cut off to the hotel - the car park is behind the hotel - it is not signposted and there are very few spaces. It is not secured and you have to pay extra to use it. We had problems finding a space at times. It is even more terrifying trying to get out, especially if you are not going on to the A40 - the timing of the lights mean if you are a nervous driver you stand no hope of making it. The room smelt damp. It had that musty smell like they had had a flood and it hand't dried out properly. Looking at the skirting board there was evidence of water damage. They have a weird breakfast system where the give you a discount if you pre-pay breakfast but you then have to remember to give the breakfast pre-pay tickets to the waitress or to room service - it just felt "cheap" and not what you would expect at a good quality hotel. They tested the fire alarms without any notice or warning. I was walking along a corridor when all the alarms went off, the fire doors all closed automatically and shut me in the corridor. I had trouble getting one open and running downstairs. When I saw them at reception I asked what was going on there was no apology and they seemed amused that I had been scared. My room backed onto a service room. I don't know what was in there but there was loud banging like a door being slammed throughout the day starting very early in the morning. The room service menu was very limited and I was told they were doing a limited service during the Olympics as they expected guest to be out all day and not to be in the hotel. Room service when you did order was shambolic - we never had a single order turn up right - bread with no butter, cereal with no sugar - just lumps - they forgot my orange juice and what did turn up was not good - soggy toast and pasty sausages that were burnt. The food was also thrown on to the plates and the plate warmers, and alas, the food were often stone cold. I use this chain a lot and this was by far and away the worst experience I have ever had at one of them. It's a shame as the chain is usually good but this hotel really wasn't.

1  Thank KSA-UK
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear reviewer, I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I note your comments on the access to the hotel and appreciate that this may be slightly daunting for those not used to London traffic. I can confirm that the hotel does have 83 car parking spaces to the rear and barriered at the front. The breakfast discount is a very good and popular offer, which gives guests a 28% off full price and I am puzzled why that was not to your liking. The fire alarm is tested every Monday morning at 10am and this is communicated in the Guest Service Directory in all bedrooms; I apologise if this startled you whilst in the corridor. The room service menu has a selection of 16 main dishes plus cold sandwiches, desserts and drinks; I note your comments on the service and this is being dealt with, please accept my apologies for those shortfalls. I also note your comments on the bedroom, which following a recent leak is being dealt with by the maintenance team.
Your sincerely

Reviewed 8 August 2012

It is a good hotel, with good rooms, good bed, solid bathroom, and a great view at Wembly stadiom (at least from my room).

It is located near the Hangar Lane tube station, so you can get to the city easily. It has a good gym and spa.

The staff were really helpful!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdikanic

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback; I am most pleased to note that you found the staff really helpfull.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We just spent the one night at the Crowne Plaza when in search of a place to crash during a trip to London.

The hotel is helpfully located near the tube station which made getting into the centre of the city really easy. The staff at the front desk were very welcoming and the room was clean and well presented.

We didn't sleep that well owing to a lumpy duvet and needing the air conditioning to be on full in order to be cool enough to sleep.

We felt the full price was a bit excessive, but having got the room through a last minute site giving us a third off, we felt it was a good deal for somewhere to crash.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllieandAlexis

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback. I was very pleased to note you found the staff helpful and the rooms well presented. I note your comment on the duvet and this will be checked by the Housekeeping team.