“Overnight by a tube station”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Ranked #266 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Overnight by a tube station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

A great start to the booking in by the new women on reception. I was early booking in and was pleasantly informed that if I could wait until 14:00 I would be upgraded to a Club room, which was no problem as I was going to the other side of London to see my daughter. Getting back to the hotel at about 21:00 again very good service on booking in officially. The room faced the Hanger Lane roundabout, but with the triple glazing there was no sound coming into the room, a very pleasant night’s sleep. The staff in the bar were very pleasant and attentive going out of his way to get me a newspaper (even if it was an Irish one). I would really recommend this hotel to anyone, very close to the underground and a relatively short trip into central London. The only down side was finding the hotel and the car park, I think I went round the gyratory at least 4 times.

Room Tip: Very quiet room even though facing the road, so I think it does not matter to get a room on the othe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear reviewer, I am very proud to read all your comments on the positive service you received throughout your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to add your very positive feedback.
Gordon Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
COALVILLE, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My second stay in this hotel. My room had an old CRT tv, I cannot remember the last time I saw one of those in a hotel room.

The bed was soft and squishy, and very quiet considering a very busy roundabout in front of the hotel. I did not hear any other guests and had a good nights sleep.

The restaurant food was of good quality, I had the scallops for starter and a steak for my main. For desert I had the cheesecake, which was a bit bland in flavour.

Check in and check out very efficient and no complaints about any of the hotel staff, they were all very attentive. My only complaint is the prices of the food in the restaurant.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback. I am sorry to note that that the restaurant prices were higher than your expectation and please accept my apologies for the tasteless dessert. We do hope to be in a position to update at some point next year to update our televisions and viewing offering. I am very pleased to read your comments on the quality of food and the staff.
Leamington Spa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

My Son in law and I stayed here after watching the NFL game at Wembley, We liked the fact that it was only a short walk from Wembley, but the room we stayed in just stank of smokers! As both non smokers this really made us retch and by the time we got back from the game it was too late to complain.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first and make sure it smells ok !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oloren1988
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear reviewer, I am very sorry to read your comments and pleased accept my sincere personal apologies for not meeting your expectations. We have 5 designated smoking rooms out of 131 and all others are strictly no-smoking; should a guest smoke in a no-smoking room a charge is levied and specalist cleaning carried out. I am most disappointed to note your score for cleanliness in the hotel, we do pride ourselves on how clean we consistantly present the whole hotel; was this score directly linked to the smoke smell?
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel should really be called the Crowne Plaza Hangar Lane Gyratory; it's located right on the Hanger Lane / West Way intersection with traffic roaring past in every direction and, at rush hour, traffic jams all around. There is basically NOTHING in the area but Hanger Lane tube station.

Public spaces clean but limited. The restaurant is on the "lower floor" (ie the basement). The room was OK, but when did you last see a small and flickery CRT TV in a 4 star hotel room. The sink in the bathroom had been "re-enameled" (painted) and the paint was flaking off. Ripe for a refit methinks.

Breakfast, OK but not much choice. Over cooked mushrooms, under cooked tomatoes and that weird solidified scrambled egg that has a greenish tinge and is probably made from powdered egg. Nice bread but no fried egg, no waffles, no-one to cook you an omlette ... not a Marriott!

Health Spa yes (running and spinning machines), pool no.

Unless you're a gold or platinum IHG club member, they still charge for internet access after 5:30pm - Used my own modem as 24hrs access was more than my monthly tariff.

On the plus side, the staff were helpful and friendly, there was space to park (at a fee), everything was really clean and the bed was really comfy. Despite the roaring traffic outside, the hotel is nice and quiet inside.

Don't think I'll use this one again - at the price there are better places.

Room Tip: Probably worth going for a room upgrade - and worth being at the back away from the traffic
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nick a
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback and I acknoweldge your comment on the hotel's name as well as your perception of the surrounding area. I am trying to identify your room number so the maintenance issues can be resolved (if still outstanding). I am sorry to note that breakfast did not match your expectation and please accept my apologies for this. The items you mention that were not visable are cooked fresh to order and are listed on our breakfast menu; it is not my place to comment on why Marriott have these on a buffet and not cooked freshly upon request. On a more positive note, I am proud an pleased with your comments on the staff, cleanliness and noise levels.
Larnaka City, Cyprus
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Sorry but as nice as this hotel is any chain that still charges for wifi needs to wake up. Internet is no longer a luxury and charging .25p per minute for access is beyond a joke.

It's not 1984 - Crown Plaza welcome to 2013 - stop trying to rip your customers off. I didn't use your over priced wifi to write this review I tethered my 4g phone to my laptop.

Pathetic

Room Tip: Don't stay if you want to get any work done online
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CraigBeck
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear reviewer, I acknowledge your thoughts on internet charges in hotels. In this hotel it is complimentary for Gold and Platinum IHG Reward members and will be for all levels from 2014. We also do provide complimentary Wi-Fi in our public areas 9-5, Monday to Friday and also offer 50% discounts at weekends (offered during check-in). On a positive note I was pleased to note that you find the hotel 'nice'.
Kobe, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. The club rooms are very large. The decor isn't anything to write home about though the sheer size of the room makes up for it.

No items in mini bar except water. The check in staff were actually very friendly and inviting.

Some of the housekeeping staff don't speak a word of English. A little bit awkward when you ask them a question and they give you a cold stare.

My two biggest gripes?

The club lounge proposes canapés and beverages. While there are plenty of beverages, the canapé selection was almost non existent and did not look appetizing.

Secondly, it was extremely difficult to find the hotel with the address of the hotel. Some older Sat Nav/GPS units cannot pinpoint Western Hangar Avenue. Instead select the hanger tube stop and you should be able to see the hotel across the street.

I paid 149 pounds. IHG platinum members get either a 600 point voucher or a snack and a beverage.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Travel_Critic999
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback. Very pleased that in the main your had a positive experience and I am most pleased with your comments on the check-in experience. I do acknowledge your comments on the below par aspects of your stay, please accept my apologies that we did not meet all your expectations all of the time. Each point will be discussed with the relevant department manager, with a view to improving our consistency.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I live to the west of London so found the location perfect as I could leave my car
and the tube station is right outside, perfect for a night out if you want to enjoy a drink. I didn't explore the hotel facilities much as I was only there one night but the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable but not extravagant. Would stay there again. Bit pricey mid-week though.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul G
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback, I am most pleased and proud to read your comments on the hotel staff you encountered.