“Brilliant Hotel”

Ranked #267 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Brilliant Hotel”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Upon an extremely bad time (half hour) at the Best Wester White House in Watford we opted to leave and fortunately Crowne Plaza had rooms available at a great price and very short notice.

From the moment we got here it was amazing (dont know whether its because we'd just left the hell hole at Best Wester) greating was excellent and efficicient, decor was great, bed a good size, very clean and overall just a great hotel.

We ate at the resturaunt downstairs for Dinner and Breakfast and both times were very good, no complaints.

Great base for a visit to London with easy access to tube station, around 20m out the front door, but with a quiet place to come back to.

I'd recommend to all!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MattBeaard91
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your very positive feedback, glad we were able to provide you with a great base for your London trip.
Gordon Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in November for shopping trip to London. Quite easily accessible to central London as it's on central line but also only 4 stops from Westfield Centre at Shepherd's Bush which was where we were headed. We were greeted as Platinum members but didn't receive an upgrade or access to Club Lounge as is standard with Crowne Plaza in Europe and USA. We did use the bar which was extremely comfortable and drink prices were comparable to what you would pay in a local pub. The room was clean, comfortable and a reasonable size but by no means large but for our trip sufficient. The hotel is directly at end of exit ramp from tube station which is handy. There is a Chinese restaurant across street, a café on same side and also a couple of mini markets.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback, I am pleased to note that you found the hotel and facilities met your expectations. I acknowledge your comment on not getting an upgrade on this occasion. This benefit for Platinum IHG Reward members is strictly subject to avilability and with the hotel being almost full there was unfortunately no opportunity to offer an upgrade at that time.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

have just checked into the hotel and knew from the welcome and genuine young man on reception i knew i was going to enjoy my stay!well done joe!! as a platinum member i was welcomed as one and thanked also!
i recieved an upgrade to a club smoking room which was for me excellent!!
i am a normal working man who has;like everyone have standards but fail,in my opinion to see how people can complain! i will be staying here again whenever i can!
mr stewart please on my behalf thank joe for being a down to earth guy who i had a banter with while still being proffessional!! am going to eat drink and be merry! craig in room 403 havent met other staff but suspect everyone will be great!!

• Stayed December 2013
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding such positive comments following your stay with us. I have seen Joe personally and thanked him for making such a positive first impression, which of course is very important to make and to continue through-out the whole stay.
Somerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A great start to the booking in by the new women on reception. I was early booking in and was pleasantly informed that if I could wait until 14:00 I would be upgraded to a Club room, which was no problem as I was going to the other side of London to see my daughter. Getting back to the hotel at about 21:00 again very good service on booking in officially. The room faced the Hanger Lane roundabout, but with the triple glazing there was no sound coming into the room, a very pleasant night’s sleep. The staff in the bar were very pleasant and attentive going out of his way to get me a newspaper (even if it was an Irish one). I would really recommend this hotel to anyone, very close to the underground and a relatively short trip into central London. The only down side was finding the hotel and the car park, I think I went round the gyratory at least 4 times.

Room Tip: Very quiet room even though facing the road, so I think it does not matter to get a room on the othe...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear reviewer, I am very proud to read all your comments on the positive service you received throughout your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to add your very positive feedback.
COALVILLE, UK
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My second stay in this hotel. My room had an old CRT tv, I cannot remember the last time I saw one of those in a hotel room.

The bed was soft and squishy, and very quiet considering a very busy roundabout in front of the hotel. I did not hear any other guests and had a good nights sleep.

The restaurant food was of good quality, I had the scallops for starter and a steak for my main. For desert I had the cheesecake, which was a bit bland in flavour.

Check in and check out very efficient and no complaints about any of the hotel staff, they were all very attentive. My only complaint is the prices of the food in the restaurant.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback. I am sorry to note that that the restaurant prices were higher than your expectation and please accept my apologies for the tasteless dessert. We do hope to be in a position to update at some point next year to update our televisions and viewing offering. I am very pleased to read your comments on the quality of food and the staff.
Leamington Spa
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My Son in law and I stayed here after watching the NFL game at Wembley, We liked the fact that it was only a short walk from Wembley, but the room we stayed in just stank of smokers! As both non smokers this really made us retch and by the time we got back from the game it was too late to complain.

Room Tip: Inspect the room first and make sure it smells ok !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank oloren1988
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear reviewer, I am very sorry to read your comments and pleased accept my sincere personal apologies for not meeting your expectations. We have 5 designated smoking rooms out of 131 and all others are strictly no-smoking; should a guest smoke in a no-smoking room a charge is levied and specalist cleaning carried out. I am most disappointed to note your score for cleanliness in the hotel, we do pride ourselves on how clean we consistantly present the whole hotel; was this score directly linked to the smoke smell?
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel should really be called the Crowne Plaza Hangar Lane Gyratory; it's located right on the Hanger Lane / West Way intersection with traffic roaring past in every direction and, at rush hour, traffic jams all around. There is basically NOTHING in the area but Hanger Lane tube station.

Public spaces clean but limited. The restaurant is on the "lower floor" (ie the basement). The room was OK, but when did you last see a small and flickery CRT TV in a 4 star hotel room. The sink in the bathroom had been "re-enameled" (painted) and the paint was flaking off. Ripe for a refit methinks.

Breakfast, OK but not much choice. Over cooked mushrooms, under cooked tomatoes and that weird solidified scrambled egg that has a greenish tinge and is probably made from powdered egg. Nice bread but no fried egg, no waffles, no-one to cook you an omlette ... not a Marriott!

Health Spa yes (running and spinning machines), pool no.

Unless you're a gold or platinum IHG club member, they still charge for internet access after 5:30pm - Used my own modem as 24hrs access was more than my monthly tariff.

On the plus side, the staff were helpful and friendly, there was space to park (at a fee), everything was really clean and the bed was really comfy. Despite the roaring traffic outside, the hotel is nice and quiet inside.

Don't think I'll use this one again - at the price there are better places.

Room Tip: Probably worth going for a room upgrade - and worth being at the back away from the traffic
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nick a
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback and I acknoweldge your comment on the hotel's name as well as your perception of the surrounding area. I am trying to identify your room number so the maintenance issues can be resolved (if still outstanding). I am sorry to note that breakfast did not match your expectation and please accept my apologies for this. The items you mention that were not visable are cooked fresh to order and are listed on our breakfast menu; it is not my place to comment on why Marriott have these on a buffet and not cooked freshly upon request. On a more positive note, I am proud an pleased with your comments on the staff, cleanliness and noise levels.