“Bit of a dump actually?”

Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
Ranked #256 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I stay in many Crowne Plazas across the world. This is the worst so far. Not that its bad, it's just a poor reflection on the brand. CRT tv, windows that are locked, poor air con and a shower that is a hose with a shower head! Is this really what Crowne Plaza's are about? Tired hotel in need of a complete renovation. Refuse to pay the 12.50 advance payment for breakfast (17.50 in the morning) as I don't think the hotel lives up to its price tag. Location? Average. Well outside the centre but next to the station. Amenities...2 off licenses, and an early closing Chinese restaurant. Mini bar had 2 'complimentary' waters in and otherwise was empty. Shower accessories poor quality. Hotel staff seem polite. I asked about the windows and was told 'some open, some don't, pot luck!'. Guess that's this hotel wrapped up I'm 2 words, pot luck. Is there better? Yes. Is there worse? Yes. Is this Crowne Plaza standard? Not a chance.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank bigstoo
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear reviewer, first and foremost please accept my sincere apologies that the hotel did not meet your expectations. However, I am pleased to be able to inform you that the TVs is just one area of siginifcant investment in the hotel over the coming months. To end on a more positive note, thank you for your comment on the staff.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Amazing hotel with friendly staff. The (twin) room we had booked was spacious and modern. The beds were just amazing, I haven't slept so good in months! :) We had a room on the first floor at the backside of the hotel and during the night we haven't heard any sound from in- or outside at all, amazing. The breakfast buffet was good as well, there is much to choose of.

The location of the hotel can be a 'problem' for some people, but Tube station Hanger Lane (Central line, zone 3 and just a tip: Buy an Oyster card!) is about a 2 minute walk away from the hotel.

This is definitely a 'keeper' for me! I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear reviewer, thank you for the 5 star review; we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel's location is great. very close to shopping areas and eating. Reception staff always friendly and helpful. They also gave us locations of places of interest. The rooms were spacious and great. Excellent standard of cleanliness. We also liked their breakfast, it was surprisingly good! We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your very complimentary comments; I am very proud to read your feedback. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in June for one night stay pre One Direction Concert. It was easy to get to straight off the North Circular, parking at the hotel (for a fee but worth it as safe). It is 3 miles to Wembley and the hotel will book a taxi for you, if you ask them they will also book your return taxi which is well worth it as lots of people when you leave and much easier, so very recommended!
Back to the hotel - really lovely we paid extra for a club room and have to say this was excellent you get your own club lounge which includes coffee, soft drinks, wine and beer between certain times and also continental breakfast, which was very adequate. Room was really great, very big double bed, couch, desk, separate dressing room, bathroom with shower and bath - think this was an upgraded club room though - so larger than standard.
I stayed with my sis in law and my right year old daughter so the room was perfect for the three of us.

We didn't eat in the hotel other than the continental breakfast provided but the restaurant looked nice and we did have a drink from the bar and sat in this area and it was very pleasant.

Overall really enjoyed our night here would recommend if your attending Wembley. Very close to tube too so good for a London access too. Quite pricey but worth it, you may even get a deal if you shop around.
I will definitely be back for another stat.

• Stayed: June 2014
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear reviewer, thank you for your positive detailed review following your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back, when you have a reason to come back to London.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The normal hotel I use was fully booked. However I was so pleased stay here and will be staying again when in the area. From the moment I checked in the service was impeccable. I had a Club Room and the lounge is a lovely added extra. I had Burger in the bar which was very tasty and the service matched everything I experienced in the stay. One slight issue which was nothing do with the hotel was getting a taxi in the morning even though I booked the night before.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. Hopefully, we can now become your regular hotel of choice. Apologies for the issue with the taxi booking.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here during the recent football and boxing extravaganza at Wembley and this hotel was the icing on the cake. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff, the room was faultless, and the breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Special mention to the bar/restaurant team as they were very efficient, and super helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback, I am very proud to read how we met all your expectations. Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night before a meeting in North London.
Check in was fast and efficient, room clean and fresh. I was surprised at the size if the room. Nice and big and airy. Although in the Hanger Lane side room was very quiet. You could hardly hear the traffic.
Staff here are superb. Went out if their way to organise printing for me when I had forgotten to do it before I arrived.
Would definatly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear reviewer, thank you so much for taking the time to add such positive feedback following your recent stay with us; I will make a point of sharing your comments with the team t oshow how much of an impact they can have on our guests.