“Good Location...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leigh, United Kingdom
“Good Location...”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days while working in Whitehall, and I found the location very good. The local tube station is 200yds away under the subway (Hanger Lane), and Westminster is 50 mins away..! The trains seem to be every 4-5 mins apart, so the service is there when you need it.

The hotel itself is very nice; modern and pleasantly decorated. Staff were excellent at both dinner and breakfast which is served in the bar/dining area 1 floor down from ground level.

Positives: Along side A40 so those from the North don't need to use congestion charge.
Close to Tube Station
Comfy bed

Negatives: London prices...and a small bath...

Very good...

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kenny G
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.
Gordon Stewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked this on late rooms and got a great reduction. The entrance to the car park is a bit dodgy and right on the A 40 hanger lane roundabout. The room was spotlessly clean and spacious and the bed was large and very comfortable. Air conditioning in the room was a godsend as it was a sweltering night. Our room was at the rear of the hotel and It was nice and quiet. Ordered room service and this took a while for some sandwiches to be delivered and it was also a little expensive costing £6.00-£8.00,depending on filling. Overall a nice hotel and we found the staff very friendly and helpful. Be aware that if you are travelling by car there is parking on site, which costs £12.00/night

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy G
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback and apologies for the delay in having room service delivered.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room itself was wonderful. It had the only king bed we've seen in Europe (nearly 20 cities to date), which was a huge positive. The bed was super comfortable, there was a nice big clean bathroom with a lovely tub, there was air conditioning and a bar fridge. In all, frankly, one of the most comfortable rooms we've encountered in a long while.

The location was less than ideal, though in fairness we did know that going in (Central London is NOT a cheap place for travellers). It's right on the Central tube line, way out to the west. Tubes run fairly frequently, even on the weekends. But there's not much going on in the neighbourhood, and the staff can't recommend a place to go for dinner or breakfast nearby (outside of the hotel restaurant).

One thing we were quite annoyed with was an utter lack of flexibility when it came to check-out. Our flight was late in the afternoon, and we inquired after a one-hour delay in our check-out. We were advised that this would cost 20 pounds for the hour. Another thing we found surprising was that free WiFi was limited to public areas during regular business hours. We were told to sign up for the rewards program to get WiFi in our room after hours, which we did, but it still didn't work.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your feedback which in the main was very positive. I do acknowledge your comment on late departure and understand your frustration. Please accept my apologies for the internet issue, once signed up to IHG Rewards it should immediately be complimentary.
South Normanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great rooms, gorgeous restaurant and breakfast. Decent parking and facilities. A great hotel to stay at, you've got to try the breakfast it's amazing. We also found the rooms were very spacious and the bed was so comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful, will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank senorbadger
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding such glowing comments; I am very proud to read them and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.
Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend in this hotel in July as we were going to see a show in Richmond so it was a good location for us. We had arrived on a very early flight and I called the hotel to see if we could check in early, I was informed that we couldn't as the hotel had been fully booked the previous night. That was fine as the guy on the desk we spoke to said we could leave our bags at the hotel and check in after 4:30. When we arrived the man at the desk told me that because we had booked through a third party we had been allocated a non descriptive room and we would be staying in a smoking room. No thanks was my reply to that as neither I or my boyfriend don't smoke. He then told us that he had no other rooms available and basically we hadn't much choice. He said that no one had used the room the night before so it would be okay (funny he had told me earlier on the phone that the hotel had been fully booked the night before) We decided to leave our bags go out and see a bit of the city in the hope that a non smoking room would become available.
While we were out I actually checked on line to see if there was any non smoking rooms available - funny enough there was. On our return to the hotel the man behind the desk told us that unfortunately no rooms had become available. So I told him actually you do, I have just checked your website, he then told me that they often over book and then would transfer guests to another hotel. He said that they had put an odour machine to clean the air. We decided to have a look at the room and see what it was like before we made a decision ( bearing in mind that we would loose money by cancelling) The room was clean, a bit dated but smelled terrible, we tried to open windows - they didn't, the air conditioning wasn't working properly. I was really disappointed as this was part of my boyfriends Christmas present and he is really anti smoking, the whole situation was putting a real damper on the weekend. I then called the website that I had booked through - late rooms. The girl I spoke to was excellent, very sympathetic and said she would call the hotel on our behalf. So after a bit of negotiation the lady from late rooms called me and said the hotel could do something for us. We went back down to reception and the guy on the desk said that another guest decided that he would swap (from a non smoking room to a smoking one - as if!!)
Eventually we were allocated a much nicer non smoking room with working air conditioner)
The second room was much nicer, and fresh smelling. On the whole the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I felt however that initially we had been lied to, and had we not have contacted Late Rooms we would have been stuck with a foul smelling room or loose the money we had paid. Honestly the hotel's location was great but my initial experience definitely put me off. I think the hotel is a little over priced (£17.35 each for breakfast)

Room Tip: Make sure you get a non smoking room!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KateStar
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your feedback and please accept my personal apologies for the issue encountered with the allocated smoking room. I have personally checked the reocrds for room cancellations on the day of your arrival and I am pleased to conform that there were reservations that were cancelled during the course of the day. This does back up that the staff were being truthful at the time and the circumstances changed throught the time taken to resolve the room type availability. I do hope it did not have a negative impact on your overall weekend away.
Harrietsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good rooms, comfy beds and polite staff. The parking is limited so you need to make sure that you get there early. The bar is nice and it is open until fairly late so good if you want a nightcap. Depends which room you get but the traffic can be a little noisy from the gyratory.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
JGS1888, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear reviewer, thank you for adding your positive feedback, particularly pleased that you found the staff polite.
newton abbot
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had an excellent stay,staff very helpful and friendly, room one of best I have ever stayed in. Evening meal excellent - I recommend Chief's Specials ( I had fillet steak ,it was tender and of highest quality) Club Room Breakfast was good . I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a club room on 4 th floor on opposite side to A40.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to add your positive feedback; hope to have you back with us again in the not too distant future.