3,506 results
All reviewsexmouth marketunion tavernthe holiday inntwo double bedsrussell squareleisure facilitiesminute walkst pancrasthe nearest tube stationfamily roombooked this hotelreception staffexecutive roomfull englishbus stopcontinental breakfastbritish museum
Reviewed 17 November 2012

The hotel had lost our prepaid booking; and they only, and reluctantly, agreed to look into things when we showed them the paperwork. We were eventually given a room, but there was no apology. The rooms are, well, beige. The food is the culinary equivalent of that neutral colour. The staff were cool and mostly unhelpful. If you want to imagine you're somewhere in the Midwest while staying in in one of the greatest cities in the world, then this is for you. Otherwise, avoid.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank QuentinYoknapatawpha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear QuentinYoknapatawpha,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We would like to apologize for any misunderstanding regarding your room type. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I stayed here on business and I was surprised by the quality of the accommodation. The hotel room was clean and spacious with a small lounge area, tea/coffee facilities and a large comfy bed. What more could I ask for! Prices for those arriving for a room that night were very pricey considering that it is only a Holiday Inn.

Breakfast was average but they had everything you could think of.

I ordered room service for my evening meal from the Indian restaurant attached to the hotel. My Indian feast was very good although typical London prices apply.

The hotel was not as central as I would have liked and was a 20 minute walk from the tube on a dark night. I would recommend jumping in a taxi for a short ride (it wouldn't cost that much).

I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank LancashireBridget
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

Good location and kind upgrade to nice executive room. As usual my chief gripe with all Holiday Inns is the massively priced wifi. The chain really needs to sort this out. Sausage and mash was very nice!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Headmaster5
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Small bedrooms for rate paid. Sofa bed not made up on arrival for our son despite a family room x 3 being detailed on booking. Receptionist not very personable, going through the motions and not trained to respond to any feedback that was slightly negative. (Not just from us!)
Breakfast was terrible, busy and a painful experience with everything clearly done as cheap as possible. Food basic and not even warm, coffee lukewarm and bitter bulk brew.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family