“Very nice stay and superb location”

Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross
Ranked #396 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel is situated about 5 mts walk from Kings Cross Railway station and bus stand so travelling around was very easy.
Buffet breakfast was superb with a good spread. The room was clean and very well done with very good service and facilities.
On the whole it was value for money and we enjoyed the stay very much.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,211)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend here. It is conveniently situated and the rooms were spacious and clean. We had an executive room which was on the top floor and it was lovely and quiet even though there were many families in th ehotel due to it being halfterm. All the staff were welcoming and helpful and the price of the stay was very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had a lovely clean room with comfy bed. The room smelt fresh and was very welcoming.
The buffet Full English breakfast was very good quality with a lot of choice including fresh fruit and yoghurts. The cooked food was hot which made a very pleasant change from other hotels we've stopped in.
Very, very small gripe was the the pillows were quite flat and quite soft.
I can't comment on the swimming pool as it was out of commission when we visited.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We booked through lastminute.com and got a good rate of £120 for a twin room. When we arrived, we actually got a nice queen-sized bed and nice view :)

It is a good location, safe and near to King's Cross station, but it is still about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the station.

Rooms were warm, clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and let us check in early and leave our bags the following day after checkout. Would highly recommend at that price but may look for a more luxurious option if i'd paid the £260 per night as quoted in reception.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed at another Holiday Inn earlier this year and had a very poor experience, but I was willing to give Holiday Inn another chance- I wish I hadn't. I made a simple request through my booking and this was not met, whilst I appreciate that the provision of special requirements is fulfilled at the hotel's discretion, this was such an easy request to meet, frankly there was no excuse. When I asked again at reception if it could be met they said they would look into it, but nothing happened. When I questioned their silence at checkout I was told that room service did not know what I meant, I guess decaffienated tea must be a tricky concept for this four star hotel. I asked for directions in the morning to walk into the centre of London, the receptionist told me it was too far and I must go by tube, when I pointed out I did not wish to go by tube, she directed me to the bus stop. I ended up finding my own way and had a lovely walk on a sunny morning in London, it was a long walk, but I was annoyed that they disagreed with that which was my decision to make, The room was comfortable but I was surprised that there was no body lotion provided in the room, and no freeview channels, This is in my opinion a very basic hotel, clean and comfortable, but no more than that. The location is not great as there is nowhere to go in the immediate area. Room service stops at 10pm , which I found very surprising for a London hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear LondonChipper,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the policies of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel as part of a family/business location. Overall I found the location and quality/price pretty good. We were not too far from the main tourist areas and it was a pretty good price. The pool and mini spa were nice touches and the breakfast buffet was ok. As is often the case with Holiday Inn Hotel's the rooms were a little small but that was to be expected so not a negative surprise. Overall not a bad choice in a city with very expensive hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two days while on business in November. The location was fairly convenient with London Underground stops within a 10 min walk as well as some restaurants and pubs nearby. Situated in what felt like mostly a residential neighborhood, this hotel was fairly unassuming from the outside and inside as well. The small bar and lounge area was pretty basic and the morning breakfast was what you would expect in the UK, with prices on par for central London. I would suggest to skip the breakfast and go across the street to the Euro Cafe which has a better selection and cheaper prices. The gym was not included in the hotel rate, which was a surprise as they market it as an on-site facility. Only 3 GBP per day, but very cramped and basic as well. Rooms were ok, fairly spacious for a London hotel, but again, still not worth the price. Had to ask for an iron/ironing board, which is an inconvenience, but the staff was very prompt. Conference facilities were pretty basic as well. All in all, I would stay here again if it was on the company dollar if I had to, but there are a few other Travelodge's in the area that are probably much cheaper and would suffice for just a room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mannibalignasay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear mannibalignasay,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.