“Great stay, great hotel”

Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross
Ranked #456 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Great stay, great hotel”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hotel, staff and full English breakfast brilliant great value for money. Stayed on valentines weekend 2014. Really can't fault the hotel at all easy walk from kings cross station short walk to catch a bus to all major areas of London and it's attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your very kind review and for staying with us on your Valentine Break in London. I am delighted that you found both our Team and English Breakfast Operation brilliant. I know that the everyone here will really appreciate your positive review. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you both again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business as it was close to the Railway Station at St Pancras (walking distance). Professional reception, not too friendly but ok, rooms are standard what you can expect from a Holiday Inn, small but clean and nothing fancy, my dinner was rather poor (few choices and I did not have the impression the fish&chips was extremely fresh. Breakfast is minimal, English breakfast is a supplement (with a ticket, which is strange), but overall the hotel did the job and was Ok! For a short business stay or on holiday when you are out the rest of the day, it's OK.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and for staying with us on your business trip to London. I am glad that you found our proximity to St Pancras International Station convenient. I am also pleased that you found our reception professional and our rooms clean. I am also delieghted our hotel 'did the job'.
For information only we do have an Indian Restaurant 'Rasa Maricham' as second option dinning for you. Thank you for all your feed back and I do hope you return again soon.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

A good one night stay before catching the Eurostar to Brussels. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good. And for hotel bar prices were better than bars that were around the hotel for London. My husband and myself will stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clare M
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your positive and kind review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our location close to St Pancras International Station convenient. Our Team here will appreciate your feedback on the clean,comfortable bedrooms and breakfast/bar operations. Thank you also for recommending our hotel to other guests. Hope to see you back here before too long.
Braintree, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here last weekend as a last minute, really friendly staff , good value for money, Location is fine as long as you check the map, 10mins walk to Russell Square / British Museum, 20 - 25mins to Covent Garden. A small car park , but cheap to park at £20 for 24hrs / till 6pm.
The deal of blockbuster movies pack for £10 seemed pretty good for the kids, also very good that we had a fridge in the room.
Generally very good, we will be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your positive review and for staying with us on your trip to London. I am glad that you found the Team here friendly and our hotel value for money. We look forward too you all returning in the near future. Once again thank you.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After reading some less than encouraging comments about the staff at the hotel I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the greeting we were given. The reception was very busy and we were early checking in but this wasn't an issue to the friendly staff and we were given a very nice room straight away.
This hotel isn't in the most desirable part of London and I'm sure that's why we got such a good deal on it. That said, however, we bumped into some people staying in The Royal National in a nicer area who were dreading going back to it. (I've stayed there before and I can understand why).
As part of our weekend deal we got an evening meal on the first night. It was in the Carriages restaurant and it was disgusting. There were three of us and not one of us could finish either of our 3 courses. The service wasn't fantastic either. As you may imagine we were dreading breakfast, but that was delicious. There was a full english offering as well as continental and it is self-service. This was much better than Dinner.
I was disappointed to learn that my daughter and I had to pay to use the pool (it does say this on the hotel website but like most people I had just skipped over it assuming that it would be free for residents).
Because of the location I don't think this hotel could ever reach 5 star status but with some very minor tweaking ( quality of evening meals and free use of pool for residents) I believe this would be a very good 4 star hotel.
P.s. I never used the wifi but I understand that it's very expensive.

Room Tip: Lots of traffic noise on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and for staying with us on your trip to London. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your evening meal, but very glad that you found our breakfast delicious. For information only Wi-Fi is now free to all IHG Rewards Members, so why not join in the future at any IHG Hotel reception.
I have also noted your comments on our Ozone Health & Fitness Club entry charges for future reviews. Thank you for letting us know and for your detailed review.
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I went here with my nan, mother, my nans friend and my sister. When we first got there i was astounded by the beauty it withheld. We talked to the receptionist to get our rooms and she was very polite to us. We then asked the concierge about a tour bus in london that we could tour around london in and he was very friendly to us all. As we got up to our rooms it was clean as a whistle in the room it looked lovely and i was proud to be in the room that we had been given. As we had breakfast (It was accommodated) they had every breakfast item that was under the sun! i really enjoyed the breakfast. Overall this was a lovely hotel to be in and i would go back there if i was to stay in london again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive and kind review of our hotel. I am glad that you all enjoyed both our Breakfast Selection and Bedrooms - Our Front of House Team here will appreciate your feedback and thoughts on your stay with us. Thank you also for recommending us to other guests and for staying with us. Hope to see you all again before too long.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here on business to work in Holborn and from check in to check out including breakfast, service was top class. Highly recommend as it is clean , spacious and well fitted out rooms, on a down side the price of drinks in the bar were extortionate and is the reason I will probably not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and for staying with us. I am glad that you found our service to be top class and our bedrooms both spacious and well fitted out. Thank you also for recommending us to other guests. I have noted your comments on bar prices for our next review. Once again thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback, which is appreciated by everyone here.