“Convenient and spotless”

Ranked #458 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Lexington, Kentucky
“Convenient and spotless”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We recently had a very nice 6 night stay on the 6th floor in a corner room with a lovely view. Desk was so helpful to find us a room for an early checkin after our long flight. Breakfast was heartier than I would have thought for a continental breakfast. The Rasa Indian restaurant off the lobby offers delicious meals. It's a 10 minute walk to Kings Cross tube station but you can grab the 63 bus a block to the left of the entrance to get there. You're also 2 blocks from Exmouth Market which has many restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your kind and positive review. I am glad that you found the hotel to be both convenient and spotless, our Housekeeping team will appreciate your letting us know. Many thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

A pleasant stroll from Kings Cross & even Euston, this hotel provides decent overnight accommodation, breakfast and this week I tried & was pleased with good room service for supper.
A good gym incl. pool rounds off a good package.
The Gastro pub (Union Tavern) opposite is a good alternative if you want to eat locally and it is a short stroll to a buzzing food area at Exmouth Market.

Room Tip: Become a IHG loyalty card member
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review and for staying with us on a regular basis as an IHG Rewards Club Member, we all appreciate that you have a choice each time you book. Thank you again for letting us know.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I had the chance to stay there for 3 night it's really good personal are friendly especially the barman the only things it was noisy in the morning and the location is bit inconvenient it's far away from UG

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elkasmi O
Thank you for your kind, positive review and for staying with us. I am sorry about the early morning noise. I am glad however that you liked our Charing's Bar Team. Thank you for letting me know and we hope to see you back again very soon.
glasgow
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I recently stayed here for two nights and, although expensive for what you get, it was a very comfortable couple of nights. The breakfast was, to my surprise after reading the reviews here, delicious. The evening room service was quite good too (I didn't eat from the Rasa Maricham Indian restaurant menu which did look tempting). My room was immediately opposite the lifts but in fact this didn't disturb me at all.

As an IHG Club member I was provided with free wifi vouchers so would recommend anyone planning on staying here to sign up as an IHG member (it's free) for this benefit alone. Sadly the benefits did not extend to complementary use of the leisure complex which cost £3.50 per day. The swimming pool was small and, when I used it, had a couple of families with small children plus a child having a lesson in it. However, children are restricted to using it at certain hours so if a child free swim is wanted this can be achieved. I simply enjoyed using the spa and sauna instead ;)

Would I stay again? If the price was right then definitely. The advertised tariff was £260/night which I consider far too much for the location, what is included and the quality of the rooms and amenities.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kaspoodle
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review and for staying here with us during your break in London. I am glad that you found the hotel very comfortable and that you enjoyed both our English Breakfast/Room Service. As an IHG Rewards Club Member we value your thoughts and observations. Hopefully you will return and we will try to ensure we get the price right for you. Thank you once again.
Knutsford
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed there as it wasn't too far from St Pancras station on the day of the FA cup final, avoided my usual Premier Inn who seemed to be hiking the prices. Better rooms, and a cheaper price. Continental breakfast was a bit limited.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your kind and positive review and for staying with us for the F.A. Cup Final. I am glad you found our hotel good value for money. We hope to see you back again next time you are staying in London. Thank you for letting me know.
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Good location but inside hotel feels very dated and not a 4*. Stayed at holiday inn Camden lock recently which was much nicer. Area immediately around the hotel is quiet with limited facilities. But only 10 minutes walk from kings cross so good for short break.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Neill T
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Our hotel is being refurbished later this year. I agree the newly refurbished Holiday Inn Camden Lock is very nice. Thanks again for letting me know and I am glad you enjoyed your short break here.
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Premier Inn place great emphasis on the good night's sleep and I have never been disappointed! Their beds are like 'nests' and away from home and bog-tired it was just great. I think their food is out of the freezer and heated up for dinners - not much gluten-free - I did not risk their chips as it looked as if they had been wheat coated before frying! However substantial breakfast and very good coffee,

Room Tip: They have cheap rooms with no windows - not for me! However they have easy access rooms for people...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your positive review - I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our beds comfy. Its also great that you enjoyed our English Breakfast & Coffee. We will do more for guests wishing Gluten-Free items, thank you for letting me know.