“comfort”

Ranked #460 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Lancashire
“comfort”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here overnight on business and was very impressed with the whole set up, all the staff were very courteous and eager to please. the room was very clean and the bed extremely comfy. there was a choice of different softness/firmness of pillows. The breakfast was very good, plenty of choice of hot or cold food. I ate in the Indian restaurant (choice of two restaurants to eat in) and was very impressed. (Have put a separate review on here for it)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your kind and positive review of our hotel. Our Team here will appreciate you letting us know. I am glad that you enjoyed both our Breakfast and Rasa Maricham Indian Restaurant. We hope to see you back again very soon. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. It is more expensive than other comparible hotels in London. The food, service and location are all poor. We wanted to treat our family to a show and sightseeing in London and chose this hotel because it had a pool. The pool was not available and when I expressed my disappointment to the hotel they were uninterested. I tried to leave a review on their website but they did not post my negative review.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NAmos71
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. I am sorry that our swimming pool was closed due to unavoidable maintenance - the pool has now reopened.
Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay on this occassion.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed there for 2 weeks in June and very honestly I was disappointed by the state of the hotel. I am usually a big fan of Holiday Inns as they are usually not expensive however, a good hotel. The rooms here were a decent size and mostly clean. However, the day I checked in I found mildew on the shower curtain. The room was basic for the money I was paying. I am not sure if the higher rates was for the location as there are in Kings Cross. The hotel is a good 10 to 15 minutes walk from the Kings cross station .. So if you are planning to walk from there with all your luggage, you might want reconsider.
What I liked
- Most staff was courteous with an exceptions of few very curt ones.
- Food was great. In fact. I found a very lovely Indian restaurant called Rasa Maricham. Really good authentic south Indian food and definitely worth a visit.
What I did not enjoy
- The house keeping staff was possibly new and not trained. I had to call them every other day to request for basic things like tissues and toilet paper as they would forget to replace or leave some extra for an almost finished roll or box. It can really be annoying if you have to do this call thrice a week in the morning.
- Cleaning was an issue as they staff would just seem to forget to clean certain ares. The rooom was a smoking room ( I do not smoke), however, the window did not open. Previous smoke had left a constant smelly in the room
- Breakfast had 2 choices. Continental and a more expensive English. They served both the options in the same buffet area causing a lot of confusion. I saw the staff often telling a few guests not to eat a particular side of the buffet as their package did not include it leaving many guests embarrassed and confused.
- Lifts and inside of the building was old and smelled of cigarette smoke.
- The paid internet was quite poor. Though I got it complimentary for signing up to their rewards scheme. However, It was restricted to only 2 devices for the entire period and kept dropping out constantly. Also, coverage was bad so I had to sit at a certain place in the room to get access.

Overall, stay there only if you have no other option. However, not a bad idea to move to another area with a better hotel maybe a few stops more on the tube. This is not particularly close to the station either.

Room Tip: P.S. The small convenience store inside the hotel is a complete rip off. It sells SIM cards for £5...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Aruniima
Thank you for your review and for staying with us on your trip to London. I am glad that you found the food here great and our staff courteous. Sorry about the shower curtain and other housekeeping service issues you experienced. Thank you again for your detailed review and for letting me know.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed in this Hotel for a week on business. The location was great with only 15 minute walk to the offices in central London. Is also tucked away from the busy streets so the noise level was down and that meant sleep was easier. It is also very close walking distance to a little street market where the best pizza outside Italy is served. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Adam_Murrray
Thank you for your kind and positive review of our hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel value for money. Thank you also for recommending us to other guests and clients.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week in the autumn and loved the experience.
coming from the USA the brand name was a welcoming feature I will admit. The office was closely so the two factors made this a simple choice.
the hotel was no less than luxurious for the reasonable price. I was able to keep my exercise routine and get to any where in London easily.
I had the British breakfast room service was prompt and delicious.
the staff suggested a play and restaurant both again excellent.
will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind and positive review of your stay here with us in London. Our Team here will really appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Its great that you enjoyed our Food & Beverage services. Thank you.
New York, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Visited June 2014 with 7 x 14 yr old boys and 3 adults. Hotel a bit of a hike from St Pancreas/Kings Cross station, esp with bags on first and last days. Walk also a little dodgy as "hostel" on the same street with ? Addicts/a few drunks but didn't have any problems - not the hotels fault. Full service hotel with great full breakfast- eggs bacon, grilled tomato, baked beans,toast, cereal, fruit, juice, tea, coffee, etc. very nice if it is included in price. Rooms spacious, a/c worked well, hair dryer bolted into drawer in bedroom ( a bit odd), tea and coffee in room but no fridge (had been removed) Quiet area. bar downstairs but never used it. Elevators very congested in the mornings so can use stairs. Beds comfy, good bathroom- this isn't the Ritz, fairly basic hotel but convenient and much appreciated. Nice little shop in foyer for essentials open 24/7. concierge helpful for locating pharmacy. Still no face cloths - Holiday Inns seem to have stopped providing them so if you need one, bring your own.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind and positive review of our hotel on your visit to London. I am glad that you enjoyed your English Breakfast. Thank you for letting us know about you parties stay here with us.
Stocksbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had a really good experience.

My husband and I were traveling with our 9 month old (first trip and night away from home) and everything went smoothly. They provided us a cot (a nice travel cot with some extra padding) for him at no extra charge.

The shower was fantastic, really good water pressure. The bed was nice and soft but really springy, every time my husband moved I moved...kind of reminded me of jello! : )

The location is pretty close (about 30 minute walk) from the train station (St Pancras). And even with it being central it was still very quite in the room. (I was worried because of the baby, but he slept just fine.)

Still had a great time. Would visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Spacescoob
Mark B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Kings Cross, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for your kind and positive review of our hotel on your one night stay with us. The Team here will appreciate you taking the time out to let us know. I am glad everyone had a good nights sleep and we hope to see you back again very soon.