Holiday Inn London Mayfair
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Good 3.5/5
    2,363 results
    All reviewsgreen parkthe ritzbuckingham palacegreat locationberkeley streetpiccadilly circustwo double bedsexecutive roombond streetbit datedwest endtube stationfamily roomheathrow airportan upgradewithin easy walking distancecentral location
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 November 2013

As many others have said, this Holiday Inn is in an outstanding location, near Piccadilly and the Green Park tube station. Some reviewers have complained about the facilities looking a bit down at the heels, but our executive room, which included a nice sitting area and a spacious bathroom, was in very good condition, with just one or two places where one could see nicks in the wallpaper or paint. The hotel staff were consistently friendly and responsive to our requests.
    On this occasion, however, I can't give the Holiday Inn a "5" because it let us down in one important respect. My wife had planned to meet our niece, a Londoner, for lunch during the week of our stay, and gave our niece the hotel telephone number. Not once but twice during that week, when our niece called the hotel, she was told -- even after spelling out our surname -- that we were not registered at the hotel. As a result, she and my wife never got together and since our niece couldn't reach us, we didn' find out about the hotel's mistakes until our return to the States.
    In more than 25 years of business travel, I have never had hotel staff make such an egregious error about something as simple as whether I was staying at a hotel. It cost us nothing financially, of course, but this is the kind of mistake that tends to linger in my memory. I would gladly stay again at this Holiday Inn, but if I do I will speak to a manager about this experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better to see more of central London.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear JonathanR
    First of all thank you for your kind 4* review - overall, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. However, we were disappointed to learn that you were not able to meet up with your niece, after trying to call the hotel on two occasions. If you would like us to investigate further, please email our our hotel address (himayfair-reservations@ihg.com) with all the details, and we will only be too happy to investigate this for you. I would like to offer my sincere & genuine apologies for this lack of communication and hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.
    Regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had an interview to attend very early on a Monday morning and stumbled across this particular Holiday Inn as i'd stayed at previous ones and their reputation is pretty good. The location is excellent, a couple of hundred yards from the central hustle and bustle of Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square & China Town. Directly across the road from The Ritz in the heart of Mayfair with the nearest tube being Green Park, so handy if you are travelling from Heathrow like me. Check in was great with an added smile after a long journey,room was ready on arrival (request an early check in if you can) being what I expected as clean, fresh and tidy. I had a back facing room which noise wise didn't pose a problem. All the usual stuff is there in the room you would expect. Overall great value for money considering it's location. Would definitely stay there again, big shout out to Bernadette who was really helpful and nothing was too much for her.

Room Tip: I had back facing room overlooking office blocks, bit of noise to begin with but once the shift came to an end I heard nothing more...if you want a view, which I wasn't too bothered about then it's not for you.
    • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
    PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Hello AMANDA G,
    I will pass on your greeting to Bernadette. Bernadette like all our people will do as much as they can possibly do to ensure your stay is as enjoyable and pleasant as you wish it to be. That's how we do things here at the Holiday Inn Mayfair, (nothing is too much).
    Thank you very much for your review and I hope that you will keep us on your list of things to do, place to stay in London.

Regards
    Paul Spencer.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Location of the hotel is very good and despite having a street side room, it was quiet at night. The staff maintained a friendly helpful approach at all times during my stay and were the best thing about the stay. I was very disappointed at the tired and smelly rooms however. Stained carpet, chipped tiles in the bathroom and, despite it being a non-smoking room, a strong odour of smoke which they had attempted to cover up with some very strong smelling spray. Bed comfoy and sheets and pillows good but this hotel needs investment. Sadly departure was't great as one poor lady attempted to handle 6 people waiting to check out.

Dear Warsaw_Pete,
    Thank you very much for your custom and leaving this feedback. I am sorry that we did not fully satisfy your expectation. I understand from your comments that you found your room less desirable than you had hoped. As you may be aware we are updating our rooms and have successfully completed many. The others, such as the one you occupied is awaiting similar attention. I hope you will come back to see us again and when you do please ask for a recently refurbished room which, I am confident will be much more satisfactory.

Regards
    Paul Spencer.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Our recent trip to London was part of my wife's 60th birthday celebrations. We had a few things scheduled in Central London so the hotel location was key - there can be few better places than the Holiday Inn on Berkeley Street! So close to Picadilly, shopping areas, Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace. We were able to check in early and leave late - brilliant! The staff on reception very pleasant and efficient - we received a complimentary upgrade to a superb Executive room so much space. Good in room facilities and a great night's sleep!
    Best hotel used in London by a country mile. We hope to be back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Alwaysablade
    PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Alwaysablade,

Thank you for posting such a great review - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay and made your wife's 60th celebrations special. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on the 1st nov. Hotel staff very friendly. Room was clean but could be done with being redecorated. As we were in a smoking room can understand they probably arent in a hurry to do this. Location is great walking distance to all main attractions. There is a sainsburys across the road which is handy. Breakfast was great buffet with good selection. This was our second time at this hotel and will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Lorna2861

Thank you for posting such a great review - we're always delighted to know that guests enjoy their stay with us. I am also pleased to advise that all our rooms are currently being refurbished, including the smoking rooms, and this refubishment is due to finish in February next year. I do hope you'll come back very soon.

Kind regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager