“Great hotel in the heart of London”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #379 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Vienna, Austria
“Great hotel in the heart of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This Holiday Inn is within minutes of walking distance to Oxford- and Regent Street. The subway station Green Park is almost around the corner.
The room are spacious and very comfortable for London standards.
The service quality of the hotel and its staff is exceptional. Everybody is very friendly and helpful around the clock.
You pay a lot for a hotel that ideally suited, but for a nice trip to London it's definitly worth it!

Room Tip: Some rooms are being renovated, try to get one of them!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear GNiemeck

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn London-Mayfair. It's great to read such a positive review. Thank you so much for such fantastic feedback.

Regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lewes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I wasn't a guest at the Holiday Inn, but I walked in to ask if I could use the hotel phone at Reception paying in either cash or card to make a call to East Sussex, to my family saying I'd be late on the train home. My phone had died and I needed to communicate with my family! The receptionist wasn't helpful, she said I couldn't use hotel phones as I wasn't a guest.., she directed me to the phone booth opposite the hotel which I could see at a distance was broken.., utterly rude!
I was too frustrated to argue, with money in my pocket, cards etc.., I wasn't able to make a phone call of the value of 20p!
I walked out went to another hotel that not only let me make the call, but charged my iPhone too !
This is also known as customer service, and if in the future I need a hotel in London I know where to go!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank 16GDB
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear 16GDB,
I am very sorry that we were not as accommodating as you rightly should expect.
It is unfortunate that the receptionist was not very helpful. I do expect my staff to be more obliging than the receptionist demonstrated. I can assure you that irrespective of your residency status you should have been afforded the very best service. That is what I expect from the staff and I am disappointed that on this occasion we did poorly. I shall be discussing this matter with the reception manager to ensure that all staff are aware of what is an acceptable standard of service.
Should you be in a similar position again, please do not hesitate to come in and ask for a duty manager who will be happy to assist you.

Best regards
Soham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The hotel is in a great location, close to Green Park and easy to walk to Picadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Convent Garden. The food was good, we had a bar meal and breakfast, with a good selection for both. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I would be happy to stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello BeckyC75,
Thank you very much, firstly for choosing us and secondly for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am delighted that you were happy with your stay and very glad to know that you will patronise us again in the future.
I look forward to your return.

A Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Best regards
doha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I did insist on choosing this hotel based on the fact that the general manager Pauls keep replying to all comments made which makes you feel the hotel has a serious management...
I did check in yesterday night this is being 9th Dec 2013 to stay over for three days... I did ask the on reception for a newly renovated room as Mr Paul advised in his reply to prior reviews.. But was answered that the renovation was only required for the twin rooms and not single ones and that renovation work has been already completed..
I was then given a room on the 7th floor and I guess they choose the furthest room possible from the elevator... The room is old the carpet is old and it is freezing with half working heater and you can imagine the bath temp.
Walls are depressing, once you come out of the elevator there is a mirror missing on the wall and it's location just being left empty...

Make sure not to mention anything about newly renovated rooms so you dont get punished and thrown in the furthest room possible in the floor..

Breakfast is awesom..

Thanks
M Taher

• Stayed December 2013
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Mr. Taher
Thank you for taking the time to post the review - I have written to you personally and the letter has been put in your room. I would just like to clarify that we are currently undergoing (and near the end) of a bedroom refurbishment programme which is due to finish in early 2014. Unfortunately, we were unable to give you one of these rooms as the hotel was full and, as you arrived quite late in the evening, all the new rooms had been allocated. However, I was glad to read you enjoyed breakfast and I have passed your comments to Chef & his team.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed on Saturday night with a 15 month old, and had a great stay. Staff were pleasant, friendly and professional throughout. We had an evening meal in the end (which wasnt planned) before visiting the evening Christmas lights, and it was lovely, shame we didn't have time for dessert!

Only critism was that the cot wasn't set up, but this was resolved as soon as we reported it.

Great location, great staff, great evening meal, superb breakfast. We will certainly be looking out for future deals to return again.

I would though like to know how previous writers managed to get an upgrade ;)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AdamandSarah
Dear AdamandSarah
It was a pleasure to read your great review, and I know the team here at Holiday Inn London-Mayfair will be as delighted as me to know that you had such a good time here. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to give us your feedback.

Mauritius
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for a serious of meetings, the hotel works well, the reception is fast, the rooms are comfortable, you have fast internet and breakfast is a good selection and the location is close to everything you need. We had lunch in the small restaurant one day and this was slow and not so good, but that did not really spoil the stay as to many good restaurants close by as alternative places to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SforSani
Dear SforSani

Thank you for such a good review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay here. I am sorry you found the service in the restaurant to be a little slow, but we are always ready to learn from customer feedback to ensure we improve our guests' experience.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

If the West End is where you need to be then this hotel works well for business or pleasure. The check-in couldnt have been more courteous and helpful, a nice welcome. The room was all it needed to be and was a reasonable size - you can easily find rooms where you have to squeeze around the bed to get anywhere. The bathroom was reasonable in size, nice shower, and a large choice of towels. The only fly in the ointment was the dominant smell of bathroom cleaner. The bathroom was indeed spotlessly clean, I just didnt need reminding. The only reason for not getting max points in the review. Breakfast buffet was fine, lot of choice and at 08.45 plenty of space

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Trevnmin,
Thank you for your very kind words about our hotel I am enormously pleased that you found or amenities to your satisfaction. I hope you will come back again so that we can vie for the top mark and I will make sure the use of bathroom cleaning fluids is used less generously.

Thank you again.