“Great location with good value”

Holiday Inn London Mayfair
Ranked #391 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Anybody traveling to London knows location is everything.
This hotel is next to the Greenpark underground station, so no tune transfers. It is also next to the Greenpark and St. James parks, Buckingham palace, etc.
In addition it is not on the main drag do not too noisy.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank yacovk
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello yacovk,
It's great to hear that you liked our location. Thank you for sharing that with others. Beside our great location I hope you enjoyed the personal service we offered and all our amenities. We are continually upgrading and updating our facilities and hope that you will come back to us again and again.

best regards.

Paul Spencer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel last February 28th to March 1st 2014.

From reception, f&b to porter excellent service to guest.

easy access to underground station, very posh area. Would recommend for every guest to stay especially travelling to central london.

keep it up for first class costumer service.

• Stayed: February 2014
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear himysteryguest

We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay. Many thanks for the great 5* review!

Regards Paul Spencer - General Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times when travelling to London. The location is perfect for all atractions wether it be walking or via the tube. Check in was very quick although our room was not ready until a little later due to a late check out but this was no problem as we just left our bags and came back later. The reception staff were very helpful during our stay and the breakfast is also of a very good standard with lots of options. The price is very reasonible for the location and as some in our party needed family rooms it made the cost even better value.
I have seen some reviews mention the size of the rooms but I have never had any problem with them but I do tend to only stay 2/3 nights so if you were staying longer and needed lots more luggage that may become an issue.
I will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear manxtravellor ,
I see from your profile that you are a prolific contributor to TripAdvisor. I am unsure as to whether or not you have commented on your stay at our hotel before but let me assure you that each and every feedback you make is most warmly received. Thank you for your continued custom and it would appear that owe you an early check-in as you were kept you waiting. Please contact our reservation and mention the content of this response and I am certain that they will be happy to accommodate your early heck-in.

Kind regatrds

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I had to travel to London on business and instead of staying in the Mayfair Hotel where my conference was being held, I found the Holiday Inn to be a perfect alternative. The location was perfect. Although I spent most of my time attending the conference, I was still able to catch a few sites in the evening due to the proximity to all of the major tourist attractions.

I was also able to catch the tube right close to the hotel, so I did not have to pay for a taxi.

The staff at the hotel were excellent. I had some initial trouble connecting to wifi, however, the front desk staff were excellent in getting that issue resolved. The restaurant located within the hotel was also excellent.

I decided to attend one of the shows in the evening and found the concierge to be very helpful. He gave me some practical advice on where I could get tickets at a much reduced rate and suggested some shows that turned out to be great.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if I was in London.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mark H,
I am enormously pleased that you found our staf so helpful and informative. At the Holiday Inn mayfair we foster a culture of treating our guests as we would like to be treated. We will also give you alternatives and try to find what is best for you from the perspective of price and quality. Ultimately we are not happy if you are unhappy.
Thank you for staying with us and I do hope you will come back to us again.

Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here one night for my wife’s birthday in March and had a really enjoyable time. As an IHG Gold member, check-in was a breeze and we were given the usual free drinks vouchers. We arrived at 12 so the room was not ready but they stored our bags for us whilst we hit the shops.

The hotel itself is in a great location, just over the road from Green Park tube station and an easy walk to Oxford Street for shops and very close to the Mayfair bars and clubs.

The room we had was an executive king which comprised of a separate sitting area and TV, bedroom with the most comfy king bed ever. In the bathroom we had a corner tub with jets to massage our tired feet and backs after a long day of walking around. We did not eat in the hotel so could not comment on the food, but from everything we experienced and saw I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine_Mark
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Sunshine_Mark

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn London-Mayfair, and also how comfortable you found the room.

Thank you for posting such a great 5* Review!

Kind regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for two nights (used AVIOS) 4-6th March 2014. The check in was extremely quick and efficient. The member of staff very friendly and welcoming, so sorry I cannot remember her name.
The room was clean and well presented. Magazines on table a nice touch. The bathroom had plenty of towels and was spotless. The beds were so comfortable, a great nights sleep.
The breakfasts were delicious and staff were attentive with seating and topping up coffee. A good selection of food.
The location was excellent and I would definitely use the hotel in the future. As for value for money, it's difficult as I used air miles. The hotel has so many positive attributes that I would be happy to pay.
All the staff I came into contact with were helpful and approachable.
Thank you for a happy and pleasant stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear kldip22

We really appreciate the time you have taken to post such a great 5* review. It's so good to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and you found the staff and service to a high standard.

We do hope you will return soon!

Best regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Visited Holiday Inn Mayfair London with my husband, my friend and her husband, for a special birthday weekend, my friend and myself celebrating birthdays. Sarah, who worked at reception, was so helpful, found rooms that were ready as we were early, upgraded us when she knew it was our birthdays, organised bottle of wine and chocolates in the rooms and a late check out. Caring service made the weekend even more special.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary S

Dear Mary S

Thank you so much for a great 5* review. We are absolutely delighted you were happy with the service and will certainly recognise the staff for making your birthday weekend even more special.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards, Paul Spencer, General Manager