“Next to Green Park”

Ranked #384 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Seattle, Washington
“Next to Green Park”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great location next to Buckingham Palace and Green Park (just a walk away) and also next to underground. We were greeted by a fellow name 'Palocious' (I really can't remember his name!) with a late afternoon check-in. He was very good with us!!! Treated us so well and efficient.
Room was a little small, but adequate. Good bathroom facility.
The room was on the street side,,,noisy.

Room Tip: Don't get next to the Berkley Road side. Noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear max 5587

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here. It was great to read you enjoyed your stay and especially the location - you're right, it's so near everything in Central London!

Regards, Paul Spencer - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Fantastic. Rooms were upgraded. Clean. Relaxing bar.

Breakfast book early as it gets very busy, but lovely selection of fresh products.

Staff were very welcoming and very knowledgeable of local area.

Ideal for Theatres and Buckingham Palace.

Room Tip: Book for breakfast. Buy the breakfast voucher on arrival.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jacqui R

I really appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay here at Holiday Inn London Mayfair. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Stuttgart
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Booked this last minute as a blind booking on Hotwire. I was disappointed to find that our 4 star hotel in Mayfair was a Holiday Inn. Not sure what makes this a 4 star other than the fact that it has a restaurant. The hotel is expensive. Breakfast was 15 pounds. No free wi-fi, not even in the lobby and to buy the wi-fi for the room was equally expensive. Parking was expensive too. The front reception staff was less than friendly- overall I was just irritated that I paid so much for just an average place. The rooms look outdated and the carpet is worn and the cabinets in the bathroom are cracked with water marks. The place overall was clean and the bed was comfortable although the room was dark. The only good thing I can say is that because I booked it on Hotwire I was allowed 3 people in the room. (2 adults and one teenager). I don't believe you can book for 3 on the website

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear gnftr66
I am sorry that you felt the hotel prices to be expensive - we are situated in a prime location and our prices are in line with all our major competitors. Thank you for taking the time to post your 3* review.

Boyne City, Michigan
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel as we wanted the Mayfair location. We knew we wouldn't have much time in the room, so didn't expect a lot of luxury. We expect everything in that part of London to be expensive so was not surprised with the bar or room prices which were mutually inclusive with the area. The room was actually quite efficient and we were offered our upgrade and a free cocktail in the bar (although we kept forgetting our coupon and didn't use it!). The concierge was very helpful and the property overall was very good. Right across from the Ritz if you want to have high tea or even more expensive drinks :)! The bar in the Holiday Inn was very comfortable, also with good service. We were quite pleased with the selection. It's a little loud on the streets though - so not sure if there are any inside rooms. We didn't mind the noise!

Dear Meri J
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of HI London-Mayfair. We are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay and do hope you get the chance to visit us again soon!
Heytesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

£64 for 4 whiskies! £45 overnight parking and they dented my car but refused all liability. Dirty grouting round the bath in a tiny bathroom. Very mediocre all round. The lock on the bathroom door was faulty. We reported it, but nothing was done. When I pointed this out as we departed, the front desk chap just shrugged his shoulders and smiled! How irritating!

Room Tip: Rooms are well double glazed, so it is quiet
1 Thank DJohnson139
Dear Mr Johnson

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry that you felt the drinks prices were expensive, our prices are representative of our marketplace and location, we constantly monitor competitors prices to ensure this is the case, in what is a very prestigious location. You have raised a couple of other issues and, if you would like me to respond in more detail, would you kindly email the hotel on himayfair-reservations@ihg.com, we will certainly investigate and contact you again.

Limassol
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I' ve arrived in the hotel at the Mayfair London on Tuesday, I am still here in room 744. Being a Tour operator I travel a lot and only recently a friend of mine recommened this specific hotel because of the great location which I must admit it is ideal.
I was not an IHG member and I signed up recently. Out of curiosity I visited the IHG page to see what are the benefits of this membership and on the main page it says FREE WIFI INTERNET WORLDWIDE. I didn't care for the rest of the benefits because wifi internet is very important for me. To my surprise no wifi connection was available and when I Asked the reception I was told that the wifi is not free!! I had to pay GBP 30 for 3 days now and I am using it only for a couple of hours in the evening to see my emails etc!! I paid for a double room for 2 people and It is only me in the room and I did not bother to say anything but for the wifi It is not acceptable. PLEASE DO NOT MENTION IN YOUR PAGE THAT THE WIFI IS FREE FOR ALL MEMBERS WORLDWIDE! This is a lie and If I knew I would have chosen another hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank kalsar
PaulSGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn London Mayfair, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Sir,
I have written to you separately regarding this matter.
The free Wi-Fi is currently offered to Rewards Club members of a certain level and will be rolled out to all members soon. The charge you are asked top pay is a result of the cost incurred by the hotel to provide this facility. I hope in time to offer free Wi-Fi to all our guests but currently I am not able to do so. Many hotels include this charge in their room rates which makes in undetectable. We however prefer to be transparent and avoid stealth charging.

Best regards.
Paul Spencer.
st. john's, NL
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed while attending a conference at the excel. Was a bit of a commute in the morning but worth it in the evening. Next to green Park subway stop. Walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly circus, and trafalgar square. Lots of restaurants nearby. Room was small and showed some wear. For the price would have expected a bit better. Breakfast was good. Service was good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello andrewlcook,
I am glad that you chose the Holiday Inn Mayfair and although your journey was in the Docklands I am sure that our excellent transport links made the journey less fraught. I do hope that you will stay with us in the future and as we are undergoing a period of refurbishment you might consider requesting a newly decorated room which will be more to your liking.

Best regards