“Afternoon Tea”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria
Ranked #324 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was looking forward to Afternoon Tea as I had been given a voucher as a gift.
Upon arrival I informed the server of my peanut allergy, and he went to check with the chef to ensure what I would be safe to eat. On returning he told me that everything apart from the sandwiches were pre-made and therefore they did not know whether they contained peanuts, I was therefore offered sandwiches and salad.
This is completely unacceptable, the afternoon tea had been bought for me as a birthday gift, and I hardly think the giver would appreciate having spent that money for me to eat sandwiches and a salad.
I also find this unacceptable as The Hilton should not be serving food when they are unsure what that food contains Food allergies can be life threatening and no restaurant should be serving anything unless they are confident that they have an ingredient list, or have prepared it themselves, this is not the level of service I would expect from a Hilton.
Therefore I will not be returning to a Hilton for a hotel or dining experience in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DTlonvc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your views on trip advisor.

Let me firstly apologise for the disappointment your experienced. Our afternoon tea offers are a huge success with generally excellent feedback so it is always sad to hear when such isolated incident occurs. I am also sorry if I have not received a clearer explanation. Indeed, our cakes are partly freshly prepared by the hotel on site and partly sourced from a reputable baker. Whilst we have the knowledge of nut content within each product, we are also conscious they may be prepared in an environment where nuts are used, posing a potential risk to our guest with traces of nuts highly probable at some point of the production or delivery. I note from your feedback that the team have attempted to offer an alternative which was unsatisfactory but I can reassure you this the afternoon tea could delivered to your expectations with some notice and you would have substantial more options with any dining experience with us or any other Hilton hotels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Concierge was amazing, held our bags until late at night, even after we had already checked out. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from Victoria Station, but didn't experience any noise. Room was very comfortable, with coffee maker and fridge; bedding was great, toiletries too. Very pleased.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback!

We are too delighted that our level of services met your expectations and made your visit in London more pleasurable.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The renovations have made it even better. One of my fav places to stay in the world. Great international staff, speaking a wealth of languages. Excellent restaurant with a menu that has good variety and is executed well. Super lounge with a wall of windows to the street for people watching in a comfortable yet elegant setting. This hotel is always tops on my list. The service is fabulous for every guest but if you are HHonors Diamond you will be treated like royalty.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I just returned from London. This hotel was rather nice. It was so close to Victoria station and that made getting around so easy. The National Coach bus from Heathrow leaves you close to this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and staff just lovely. I would stay here again. The one small issue was the maid came too early and was not the best. She did not take the garbage away and did not vacumn each day. Other than that, it was quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers

I am pleased our team and comfortable surrounding have contributed to an enjoyable your time with us but would equally like to say how sorry I am about the very basic short fall in services provided by our Housekeeping team. Rest assured your comments have been shared and addressed accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the DoubleTree by Hilton London-Victoria

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I had a nice stay at this hotel. Very close to Victoria Station and transportation makes it a good call. The staff could not have been more friendly. The room was immaculate and the beds comfy. They held our baggage for 3:00 pick up for free ( tip tendered to the doorman) but it was not mandatory. Food is a bit pricey, but that is London. Internet is free in the lobby and fast, but not free in the rooms even with Hilton honors club. On the big bullet items they score high, so I con overlook the little stuff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had a lovely afternoon tea at the doubletree hilton victoria today. I was pleasantly surprised. The food were delicious and very filling with many selection to choose from and the staff were friendly. Ideal location, excellent value

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2014

today I had a fabulous champagne cream tea. The staff were very polite, lovely and attentive without being overbearing. A glass of champers to start, with a selection of finger sandwiches ( smoked salmon, coronation chicken, cucumber, ham & mustard, egg & cress, cheese) warm buttetd crumpet, warm scone with clotted cream & jam, macaroons, sponge cake, pink frosted cup cake, millionaire cake & another cake! The Tea was very very filling. Also a very good selection if teas. When they found out it was my Aunt's birthday the waitress ( without our knowledge) brought out a slice of cheese cake & 2 other cakes with a candle & sang happy birthday! Made my Aunt's day. She felt so special. The hotel & staff are lovely. I definitely recommend them.

Stayed: May 2014