“Outstanding stay - definitely will return”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria
Ranked #318 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Attending a wedding, I was looking for a reasonable hotel for 5 (2 adults + 3 kids) for a weekend overnight: time to use some Hilton Honors points, and what a great choice! I called on the morning to ask if we could do an early check-in on one of the rooms, but they managed to provide both, adjacent to each other, for 12 noon (at no extra charge). The rooms themselves were compact, as the norm in London, but not cramped and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was also outstanding, with the staff remarkably kind to, and tolerant of, our 3 kids. Not only did we get the warm cookies on arrival, but the kids were offered extra warm cookies on departure. The staff went well beyond my expectations on this occasion, and my kids have a new favourite hotel chain!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nadwocean

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This property provided outstanding service and a clean, comfortable room during our stay. We actually used this hotel twice in a two week period as our first stay was so good. Food and service was excellent and the hotel was very helpful during our stays.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent four nights here and have no complaints.
Staff is service-minded and attentive. Room spacious for London. Everything 'new' without visible wear and well-equipped including iron and coffee-making facilities. Clean and tidy every day.
Big minus for not including wifi in the rate, but wen I asked to purchase this for one day I was given two day complimentary access. -excellent service!
Good, but not outstanding breakfast.
If it were not for the fact that I felt it too be a bit pricy (just over 1200 GBP for four nights), I would give it maximum score.

Room Tip: High up to avoid street noise, and preferably facing away from the station.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed here a few times on business and have always found it to be a very reasonable hotel.

The location is good as it's just behind Victoria station, the rooms are clean and modern, the breakfast buffet is fine and the reception staff are always friendly and quick to hand our their signature "welcome cookie" at the end of a long day of travelling :-)

It's not a particularly romantic place to stay, it's not a hotel that has a tonne of character and it's not going to make for a highly memorable trip to London (in my opinion) but if you're looking for a decent place to stay at a reasonable price then I think this is a good choice and you can do much, much worse in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was looking forward to Afternoon Tea as I had been given a voucher as a gift.
Upon arrival I informed the server of my peanut allergy, and he went to check with the chef to ensure what I would be safe to eat. On returning he told me that everything apart from the sandwiches were pre-made and therefore they did not know whether they contained peanuts, I was therefore offered sandwiches and salad.
This is completely unacceptable, the afternoon tea had been bought for me as a birthday gift, and I hardly think the giver would appreciate having spent that money for me to eat sandwiches and a salad.
I also find this unacceptable as The Hilton should not be serving food when they are unsure what that food contains Food allergies can be life threatening and no restaurant should be serving anything unless they are confident that they have an ingredient list, or have prepared it themselves, this is not the level of service I would expect from a Hilton.
Therefore I will not be returning to a Hilton for a hotel or dining experience in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DTlonvc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your views on trip advisor.

Let me firstly apologise for the disappointment your experienced. Our afternoon tea offers are a huge success with generally excellent feedback so it is always sad to hear when such isolated incident occurs. I am also sorry if I have not received a clearer explanation. Indeed, our cakes are partly freshly prepared by the hotel on site and partly sourced from a reputable baker. Whilst we have the knowledge of nut content within each product, we are also conscious they may be prepared in an environment where nuts are used, posing a potential risk to our guest with traces of nuts highly probable at some point of the production or delivery. I note from your feedback that the team have attempted to offer an alternative which was unsatisfactory but I can reassure you this the afternoon tea could delivered to your expectations with some notice and you would have substantial more options with any dining experience with us or any other Hilton hotels.

Kind regards,

Issam Abid
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Concierge was amazing, held our bags until late at night, even after we had already checked out. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from Victoria Station, but didn't experience any noise. Room was very comfortable, with coffee maker and fridge; bedding was great, toiletries too. Very pleased.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback!

We are too delighted that our level of services met your expectations and made your visit in London more pleasurable.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip.

Warmest regards,

Issam Abid
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The renovations have made it even better. One of my fav places to stay in the world. Great international staff, speaking a wealth of languages. Excellent restaurant with a menu that has good variety and is executed well. Super lounge with a wall of windows to the street for people watching in a comfortable yet elegant setting. This hotel is always tops on my list. The service is fabulous for every guest but if you are HHonors Diamond you will be treated like royalty.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo