“A positive surprise”

Ranked #308 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Aachen, Germany
“A positive surprise”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After being stranded in London due to an industrial strike, I quickly had to find a hotel in the city so I could stay there until the next day. The Double Tree by Hilton London Victoria being situated right next to Victoria Station was a positive surprise. Not only does it have an excellent location, right in the city centre and only a small walk away from Buckingham Palace, Green Park and Regent Street, but the staff also made me feel welcome from the moment I stepped through the hotel doors. The modern rooms are clean and I had a room on the fifth floor with a nice view over the station. The only thing I did not like that much about the hotel was that I could hear the other people on my floor when they went to their rooms. However, I could not hear any street noise, which you would expect from a hotel in this location. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Flawless! I enjoyed the stay, the room was very nice, tidy, clean, and had air conditioning which is quite handy. The facilities were as described, and everything was just perfect.
From booking, to reception, to check-in and check-out, customer service was impeccable and outstanding.
Finally, the property is very nice, and has great rooms, comfortable beds, amazing for the affordable price which made this hotel immediately go up to the top of my list of favourites!
And it goes without saying, being right by Victoria Station means that the location is central, well connected, and everything is easily accessible.

I highly recommend this hotel and I am surely going back there again, and again, and again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lille, France
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I paid more expensive to have a triple room but the price stayed the same and the room was just a standard room with a stroller bed for a child. We had to crawl over the beds to move in the room. Price was waaaaaay to high for this kind of room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank sonjag26
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a wonderful welcome at double tree victoria with delicious warm cookies and a surprised happy honeymoon cake in our room. Staff were friendly and helpful and on arrival found the location to be perfect from the coach station we took from the airport and also right across the subway station. Our hotel was also near the spot our europe tour with insight was departing from. With numerous attractions in london not far from victoria, shops and convenient stores, cafés not far away and perfect facilities in our room itself, we couldn't have asked for a better stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed one night in the hotel and found it comfortable and welcoming. The staff were very friendly and the room was excellent. The location, right next to Victoria Station, made this an extremely convenient hotel both for the travel links and the office I was visiting. The only downside was my inability to connect to the hotel wifi. A minor inconvenience as I did not need email but would have made my work easier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Spent one night there recently and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the service and accommodation. I used Hilton points and sometimes that results in a poor room but mine was quite nice and very large by UK standards. I've stayed at the Hilton Paddington before and this is much nicer. A lovely English breakfast was included. Room was spotless and quiet (I had a room overlooking the inside of the building which was great as there was no street noise at all. All in all I wish I could have stayed longer as subsequent accommodation paled in comparison!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here in between Christmas and new year and we had a great stay here. Fresh warm cookies when you check in we're gorgeous. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of choice for every one hot and cold, fruit, fresh muffins. Only downside was our room was tiny we needed a travel cot so by the time that was put up we hardly had any room to walk round but we didn't spend much time in the room anyway so we wasn't too bothered. We had a lovely balcony with fake grass that we thought was great for a City hotel. Great location taxi rank just outside. I would defiantly return to this hotel again or any other hotel owned by Doubletree.

Room Tip: Make sure you book for breakfast as it's lovely and good value for money