“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #311 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Jeju Island, South Korea
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family of four stayed here for 2 nights - any families that have tried to find suitable rooms in central London will know how tough that can be!

Our kids are 11 and 9 and we opted for a suite room, with kids on the sofa bed.

Positives:
~Delightful welcome. A friendly smile and those warm cookies are a great introduction!
~Comfortable room. Sleep quality good. Coffee machine in room.
~Good bathroom - powerful shower.
Great location. Just a few meters from Victoria Station.

Negatives:
~Sofa bed incredibly uncomfortable and possibly spoiled the stay. What a shame. Kids (and hence everyone) had a poor night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I arrived in London looking forward to this hotel. It's located directly across from Victoria Station which is a major public transit hub in Central London. My check-in went smoothly and I proceeded to my room right away. Upon stepping off the elevator I noticed that the hallway carpets appeared to be slightly worn. I entered the room and loved the bathroom, especially the shower/tub combination. However, closet space was tight, even for one person. The room decor was nice enough, but I noticed that the fabric headboard panel had a slash right in the middle. My first thought was "How did no one in housekeeping or management notice this?" as the slash appeared not to be new. In addition, there were large yellow spots on the white sheers. The view of the train yards was not very appealing either, but at least I wasn't looking at a wall.

When I wanted to log into my tablet, I begrudgingly paid the 15 Euros/per day fee only to receive spotty wireless service with a weak signal. My mobile device couldn't even pick up the signal!

At checkout, I mentioned these things to the desk clerk and he shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing he could do. He charged me for the faulty wireless and didn't even thank me for staying at the establishment. I will NOT stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.8405731
1 Thank strongforu
Aachen, Germany
Reviewed 2 July 2014

After being stranded in London due to an industrial strike, I quickly had to find a hotel in the city so I could stay there until the next day. The Double Tree by Hilton London Victoria being situated right next to Victoria Station was a positive surprise. Not only does it have an excellent location, right in the city centre and only a small walk away from Buckingham Palace, Green Park and Regent Street, but the staff also made me feel welcome from the moment I stepped through the hotel doors. The modern rooms are clean and I had a room on the fifth floor with a nice view over the station. The only thing I did not like that much about the hotel was that I could hear the other people on my floor when they went to their rooms. However, I could not hear any street noise, which you would expect from a hotel in this location. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Flawless! I enjoyed the stay, the room was very nice, tidy, clean, and had air conditioning which is quite handy. The facilities were as described, and everything was just perfect.
From booking, to reception, to check-in and check-out, customer service was impeccable and outstanding.
Finally, the property is very nice, and has great rooms, comfortable beds, amazing for the affordable price which made this hotel immediately go up to the top of my list of favourites!
And it goes without saying, being right by Victoria Station means that the location is central, well connected, and everything is easily accessible.

I highly recommend this hotel and I am surely going back there again, and again, and again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lille, France
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I paid more expensive to have a triple room but the price stayed the same and the room was just a standard room with a stroller bed for a child. We had to crawl over the beds to move in the room. Price was waaaaaay to high for this kind of room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank sonjag26
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had a wonderful welcome at double tree victoria with delicious warm cookies and a surprised happy honeymoon cake in our room. Staff were friendly and helpful and on arrival found the location to be perfect from the coach station we took from the airport and also right across the subway station. Our hotel was also near the spot our europe tour with insight was departing from. With numerous attractions in london not far from victoria, shops and convenient stores, cafés not far away and perfect facilities in our room itself, we couldn't have asked for a better stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed one night in the hotel and found it comfortable and welcoming. The staff were very friendly and the room was excellent. The location, right next to Victoria Station, made this an extremely convenient hotel both for the travel links and the office I was visiting. The only downside was my inability to connect to the hotel wifi. A minor inconvenience as I did not need email but would have made my work easier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business