“Overnight stay”

Ranked #317 of 1,063 Hotels in London
United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Excellent location, clean and great breakfast. Cookie on arrival a nice touch! I stayed at the hotel overnight with a friend as we went to a gig at Hyde Park - perfect location as only a 15 minute tube away. I would definately book this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Norma Hudson P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The location in a central part of London, with access to all transportation and entertainment centres, is by itself a big reason why to choose this hotel, let alone being topped by the excellent value for money, the customer care, rooms, facilities, and friendly atmosphere. Can only say it was a great experience and encourage everyone who is trying to decide where to stay and reading reviews, to go for it, and they won't regret it.

1 Thank Marwan N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel as it was close to Victoria Station. Given this was my main criteria; it suited my needs extremely well. Had I paid full price I would have found it overpriced for the quality of the facilities and amenities. However I did receive a discount and for the price I paid I feel it was fairly priced. The service was good and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I only stayed one night and spent most of my time away from the hotel so I don't have much more to review. I will say though that the bed was one of the worst I have ever slept on. It was extremely hard and uncomfortable.

Hampton-in-Arden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We choose this hotel based on its location next to victoria station. The staff were friendly and welcoming (the cookie helps with this greeting). We were given a room upgrade. whilst there is never going to be a pleasant view of a rail track there was no sound at all in our room. The bed was huge and comfy. The power shower was amazing.

I'm not a big football fan however on our return to the hotel late there was a world up match being shown so we stopped in the bar for a drink. That late it's guests only and the atmosphere was great. The only downside being that they were unable to make me a mojito as they had run out of ingredients.

Best nights sleep I've had in a while

The checkout is at the leisurely time of 12. We did not have breakfast as we chose to go to a local coffee shop but it looked good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank firefairie
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

First experience of Doubletree and mightily impressed...hotel excellent and location spot on. Staff were friendly, informative and efficient...Victoria could do with a general clean up though...residents and business should lobby the council for action.

Wakefield
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Having stayed at 2 other Doubletree Hotels I decided to book this one for me and my daughter when we went to Wimbledon. We arrived at about 10.15 to drop off our bags and we were greeted warmly and offered a room overlooking the station which we could have immediately or one at the back which would be ready later. As we wanted to go straight to Wimbledon we said we would wait for the one at the back. We completed the check in procedure and left our luggage, which all went very smoothly. The room was on the 4th floor and was very quiet. We slept with the window closed the first night. At about 6.00 am there was a drilling noise but as I was awake anyway I was not bothered. The breakfast was wonderful. A very good choice of everything you could possibly want, with eggs (cooked anyway) to order. We went out about 10.15 and left the hanger on the door saying it was available for cleaning. Arrived back 3.45 exhausted to find the cleaner only just going into our room. All we wanted was to relax so we sent her away but asked if we could have bathrobes. She phoned immediately but they did not arrive and nor had they arrived later that night when we returned from dinner. We slept with the window open and there was hardly any noise except that at about 6.00 am again there was a drilling sound - very strange. All in all our 2 night stay was very good. The Hilton Group have done a very good job of refurbishing the hotel - I dont think they have finished yet. The bathrooms are good, the bedrooms are contemporary and quite adequate, the beds are comfy, Flat screen TV good. We feel we paid a high price for our 2 night stay £506 inc breakfast (through Yeego) and had we been brave enough to book on the day I think we would have saved about £100. I would definitely stay there again but not at the price we paid.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor at the back which was quiet. There was noise from people in the corridor c...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights in June with my Mother, I booked a twin room. Check-in was simple and efficient. Location right across the road from Victoria was perfect for two travelers who were not familiar with London at all. The Twin room was unimpressive, twin beds were pushed together with no room to separate, not ideal traveling with a parent. Requested a quite room at the time of booking but got one overlooking the train tracks. There was a black stain on the top of one of the duvet covers. The bathroom was nice however the door was frosted glass and it just pushed out with no latch making it very a bit uncomfortable. For a double this, I can imagine, wouldn't be an issue but a twin I felt it was a bit strange. Reception staff were friendly however my mother was ignored at the bar later only being served when another customer queried it with the bar staff, perhaps just an oversight. Asked for dinner recommendations and was given directions to Nandos not exactly what we both had in mind on a Friday evening.
The location was perfect for us traveling in from the airport and out to Wimbledon the next day, most of the sites (Buckingham palace, houses of parliament, no 10 downing st, Westminster abbey etc) were all an easy walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family