“Good Location”

Ranked #308 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was at this hotel for a few days while visiting a sporting event. Check in was fast and efficient, though on other days I noticed that the check in was slower when coach loads of tourists had turned up.

The room was of good size and tidy, I did notice that there were some hairs from previous occupants left in the bathroom, but overlooked Victoria Station. This meant noise from about 5.00 am onwards.

I did not use the restaurant or room service as there were cheaper alternatives locally.

I did log onto the hotel wifi, at £15 per day. I was not impressed with the price or the connectivity with the connection dropping out frequently. I was impressed with the customer service when I complained about this - my charge was refunded and I was comped a free day. Unfortunately, I had connection issues with my free day, but I put this down to the number of customers attempting to connect to the network.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the railway station
Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank StevieB3052

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belfast Northern Ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights with boyfriend for a city break. Got a good rate on alpha rooms with breakfast. They let you pay off in instalments too which I really like. I stayed here as my partner freaks if he has to take the underground. If you exit the station near the orient express office you are opposite the hotel. It is so convenient for Gatwick airport. We also went to Brighton. Highly recommend. I asked for a room at the back which I didnt get and didnt notice until the second night. I am a light sleeper. The window was closed however I imagine if you keep your window open it could be noisy. We got am upgrade as our room wasn't ready however we were too early to check in so that was a nice bonus. There is a little fridge in the room which is great. Decent hairdryer. Good size bed. Lovely white linens. Not much wardrobe space if you bring a lot of clothes. Excellent iron and ironing board. Amazing breakfast. Roll mop herring. Hash browns. Vegetarian sausage. Huge buffet. Tables a little on top of each other. I find Hilton hotels do this. The only thing did not like about this hotel was the frosted glass bathroom door. Yes I am a priss. Also the area is fine. Some down and outs but less than I've seen at a lot of train stations. Very very friendly staff. If you have no problem taking the underground stay here. If you are happy to walk a little stay here too. Walking saved me from gaining twice as much holiday weight. Will go back here next time I go to London.

• Stayed August 2014
DTlonvc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear lulu rosie,

Thank you for sharing this comprehensive feedback with other travellers and well done for the very creative header!

The overwhelming fact that you will be looking to stay with us again when visiting London is the most rewarding outcome we could have hoped for. I am thrilled to read that all aspects of your stay were positive, from location to culinary experience and most importantly, through friendly encounters you had with our wonderful team members.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Warmest Regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Literally steps away from Victoria station (perfect if your arrival airport is Gatwick because Gatwick express stops at Victoria), the hotel's location is unbeatable. Room is spacious, clean & service is friendly. Warm chocolate cookies upon check-in is a really nice touch. Buffet breakfast is fine, we enjoyed the good croissant. The only downside is that WiFi costs £15 per day (or you can get it free with limited bandwidth in lobby area, just need to get password from the staff). All-in-all, the hotel serves as a good base for exploring London for our 4 days stay and there's no lack of shops/eateries around the hotel if you're too tired to venture out further. We have to check out early and was given take away breakfast (for free), which is quite nice as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Coalville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Convenient location for an over night stay in London.Room on the eighth floor over looking Victoria station was surprisingly peaceful and had a great view. Reception staff were great. Sadly found that the bed in the room was pushed up against the wall with just the one bedside table. Fine for my husband but meant rather ungainly climbing in and out for a not so young lady; nowhere to put my glasses, watch and water during the night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel was very well located, clean and friendly.This was my first time ever in London,England and I was afraid of choosing a bad hotel. We were @ this hotel for 3 nights and we have nothing bad to say about this hotel. My hubby and I are always looking for a clean, free WiFi hotel. The breakfast was good. We never had diner in the hotel because we had other alternative.
We also got the up in - up out bus tour and it was awesome.
We would recommend this hotel and if we ever go back to UK we would definitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
DTlonvc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Chantal B,

Many thanks for your feedback. We were delighted to have you staying with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Fulda, Germany
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We chose this hotel for its location and we were not disappointed. We stayed in 2 double rooms for 4 nights. Although the rooms were just standard (2nd Floor) but quiet. Everywhere we went, we could always ride directly by bus or tube back to Victoria station. Saves a lot of time on short visits. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel since there were many alternatives in the area.
We parked just across the hotel in Victoria Station-Apcoa for 20 pounds per day. That car park was pretty safe I guess. I would book this again in London.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is a perfect choice for a non budget non luxury traveller.

First of all, it has the advantage of the Great Location, and if you fly in from Gatwick, Amazing Location (thank you, Gatwick Express). For someone who hates dragging the suitcase for miles and changing lines a million times before I can get to my hotel (as often happens if you land at Heathrow, which is why I never fly in there anymore), this is quite important.

Second, the rooms are decent sized, clean and comfortable. Not much to say here, just your good old reliable second tier Hilton standard.

Third, all staff communicates well in English and be it bar or reception personnel, they are lovely and helpful and polite.

Now, don't expect great food, the wrap we ordered from the bar menu once was barely eatable. Prices exorbitant for quality, pret a manger around this corner has better stuff and for a fraction of the cost. Also, 'the city view/skyline' upgrade, or whichever way they advertise it, is a joke, our window gave us the amazing view of a dusty courtyard and come construction equipment. Do not waste your money on this 'upgrade'.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on 'city view' upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear NATinCPH,

Many thanks for the comprehensive feedback.

I am delighted you enjoyed the central location, room cleanliness and friendliness of the team but sorry to hear about your bar food experience which has been shared with our head chef. I am also sorry you did not appreciate the view from the top room but would like to stress there is no charge for the city view captured from higher floor, they just complement added amenities to a different room type. The view to the ground can admittedly be more attractive as we are facing a main train line station but we do have nice skyline views as expressed by our guest on other feedback and pics posted on TA.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to seeing you again on your next visit.

Kind Regards,