DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria
US$211
US$198
galahotels.com
2,272 results
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationwarm cookiesgatwick expresswelcome cookiebuckingham palacetrain stationcentral locationwould stay againan upgradebig benlondon eyeconciergeproximitypubspounds
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel itself was very nice. I upgraded the room to have the breakfast every morning. The breakfast selection was good but wished they would have had different selections throughout the week. The hotel is located right near the Victoria underground station which had some shops for snacks & drinks for the room. We walked to Buckingham Palace & Big Ben. We used Golden Tours which is just around the block. Great location!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank sabrinac137
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was at this hotel for a few days while visiting a sporting event. Check in was fast and efficient, though on other days I noticed that the check in was slower when coach loads of tourists had turned up.

The room was of good size and tidy, I did notice that there were some hairs from previous occupants left in the bathroom, but overlooked Victoria Station. This meant noise from about 5.00 am onwards.

I did not use the restaurant or room service as there were cheaper alternatives locally.

I did log onto the hotel wifi, at £15 per day. I was not impressed with the price or the connectivity with the connection dropping out frequently. I was impressed with the customer service when I complained about this - my charge was refunded and I was comped a free day. Unfortunately, I had connection issues with my free day, but I put this down to the number of customers attempting to connect to the network.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the railway station
Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank StevieB3052
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights with boyfriend for a city break. Got a good rate on alpha rooms with breakfast. They let you pay off in instalments too which I really like. I stayed here as my partner freaks if he has to take the underground. If you exit the station near the orient express office you are opposite the hotel. It is so convenient for Gatwick airport. We also went to Brighton. Highly recommend. I asked for a room at the back which I didnt get and didnt notice until the second night. I am a light sleeper. The window was closed however I imagine if you keep your window open it could be noisy. We got am upgrade as our room wasn't ready however we were too early to check in so that was a nice bonus. There is a little fridge in the room which is great. Decent hairdryer. Good size bed. Lovely white linens. Not much wardrobe space if you bring a lot of clothes. Excellent iron and ironing board. Amazing breakfast. Roll mop herring. Hash browns. Vegetarian sausage. Huge buffet. Tables a little on top of each other. I find Hilton hotels do this. The only thing did not like about this hotel was the frosted glass bathroom door. Yes I am a priss. Also the area is fine. Some down and outs but less than I've seen at a lot of train stations. Very very friendly staff. If you have no problem taking the underground stay here. If you are happy to walk a little stay here too. Walking saved me from gaining twice as much holiday weight. Will go back here next time I go to London.

• Stayed: August 2014
DTlonvc, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear lulu rosie,

Thank you for sharing this comprehensive feedback with other travellers and well done for the very creative header!

The overwhelming fact that you will be looking to stay with us again when visiting London is the most rewarding outcome we could have hoped for. I am thrilled to read that all aspects of your stay were positive, from location to culinary experience and most importantly, through friendly encounters you had with our wonderful team members.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Warmest Regards,
Issam Abid
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Literally steps away from Victoria station (perfect if your arrival airport is Gatwick because Gatwick express stops at Victoria), the hotel's location is unbeatable. Room is spacious, clean & service is friendly. Warm chocolate cookies upon check-in is a really nice touch. Buffet breakfast is fine, we enjoyed the good croissant. The only downside is that WiFi costs £15 per day (or you can get it free with limited bandwidth in lobby area, just need to get password from the staff). All-in-all, the hotel serves as a good base for exploring London for our 4 days stay and there's no lack of shops/eateries around the hotel if you're too tired to venture out further. We have to check out early and was given take away breakfast (for free), which is quite nice as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Convenient location for an over night stay in London.Room on the eighth floor over looking Victoria station was surprisingly peaceful and had a great view. Reception staff were great. Sadly found that the bed in the room was pushed up against the wall with just the one bedside table. Fine for my husband but meant rather ungainly climbing in and out for a not so young lady; nowhere to put my glasses, watch and water during the night.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple