“Hotwire excellence”

Ranked #135 of 1,088 Hotels in London
North Berwick Scotland
“Hotwire excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Booked using hotwire and WOW! This hotel is spectacular. The Mayfair location is convenient to public transportation, shopping, the West End, and wonderful dining. The staff is a group of dedicated professionals. I'd stay here again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear crewsaustin

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gilford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have stayed here several times. I will begin with the good: The Club, the Club, the Club. If you get a room category with Club access, it is golden. It is a beautiful space with an enormously high ceiling and floor to ceiling windows looking out over the Wellington Arch and Green Park. I usually work at the hotel during the day, and I like to do it at the Club because it is better lit than the rooms and you have all day access to soft drinks and coffee and such. In addition, they have a nice breakfast spread (I always enjoy their bowls full of berries especially), snacks around teatime, and then cocktail hour in the evening, also with food. If you did it right, you would hardly need to eat outside of the hotel if you have Club access. Then again, if you are on a budget, you're probably not staying at this hotel anyway. So I love the Club when we can get it. You can always purchase access for 75 pounds/day, but I don't love it that much!

The rooms are nice. Nothing special, but nothing bad. Comfortable beds. Good gym. Room service is expensive, but there is an extensive menu and the food is good. The doormen are lovely, friendly gentlemen who always have a smile and a friendly word for you. They make me feel like I'm coming home each time I return. And when I come back from a run, they are always there with a bottle of water and a towel for me. Speaking of running, the location is great. I love being across a street from both Hyde Park and Green Park. You are steps away from the Hyde Park Corner tube stop and several bus stations. Victoria Station is maybe a 20 minute walk. Another little detail that I like - I am addicted to diet cokes, and you normally only get 2 in the minibar. The guy that fills the minibar always removes the cokes and replaces them with more diet cokes for me so that I have a larger supply. I love little attentions like that. On my last stay, I was also fortunate to work with a very friendly and helpful gentleman in the business center. In general, the staff is very nice.

I don't have too much negative feedback. Internet is inconsistent, which is a big minus for me. On our last stay, we requested a newspaper and didn't get it. I just picked one up from the business center, so no big deal, but they shouldn't ask us if we want a newspaper if they are not going to bring us one. One thing that really bothered me 2 stays ago was that we had Club access, but nobody ever told us. We figured it out mid-week, but I had already missed 3 days of access at that point. As you would gather from my writing above, I really use the Club when I have access, so I missed a lot by not being informed I had access.

We generally split our time between the InterContinental and the Cadogan when we are in London. The last couple of trips have been with the InterContinental because we recently regained Royal Ambassador status, so we get great perks like free minibar, early and late checkout, room upgrade if available, etc..., so it makes staying here very compelling. Given the problems with internet on our last stay though, I think we might switch back to the Cadogan next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear catie3

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and your kind comments about the Club and our staff. I am sorry for the service shortfalls you experienced on your recent stay. I will be sharing and addressing these issues with the relevant department and ensure that these are not repeated again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, friendly staff in a good location in London but they charge a fee (£5 per hour) for hotel guests to use wifi. With a large international clientele, I would expect more from a five star hotel.

Stayed April 2013
Dear Sean M

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the InterContinental London Park Lane and we appreciate your feedback in regards to the wifi.
We do try to remain competitive with other London hotels, but we are pleased to share that later in the year, complimentary internet will be introduced for our members as part of the IHG Rewards Programme.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for a quick trip to London. My wife and I had a great experience at the hotel. The location is perfect!! We walked everywhere or took buses/underground which were very close. the neighboring area is great for after dinner walks. lots to see. The hotel staff was very attentive.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Jlg0121

Thank you very much for your review and kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Beautiful, although rather cold, lobby, good location. Very little interest of their staff in their guests needs.
After checking-in late evening and paying for an extra night to guarantee a possible early arrival that didn't happen, during the morning I placed two calls to guest services to request a 3:30 PM check out to make it more comfortable to wait for my evening flight on a Saturday. Both times I was promised a response shortly from the front desk that at the time was too busy to take my call. There was no such call back and at 1 PM I got a call from the front desk politely asking me to get out of my room ("May we help you carry your luggage down?"), totally unaware of my repeated request and, in any event, immediately denying it because I was not in the category of frequent guest that would be qualified for that, however offered to allow me to stay another two hours for a fee. Not a problem of availability, since a fee could deal with it, but the unresponsiveness that led me to believe I could stay or the fact that I had paid an extra night without using the room did not make a difference. In my book, simply a bad decision, and a good way to make a frequent traveler avoid this hotel chain. I decided to settle my 600 pound bill and leave for the airport. I was able to talk to the manager after I checked out and he offered me to spend time in their lounge. I thanked him but declined and spent the afternoon in the first class lounge of an airline that really appreciates its customers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Enrique B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Enrique B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am more than happy you liked the location, condition of our hotel and that your initial issues was addressed by our staff during your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the poor service you received. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in April 2013. Even though we were a little bit put off by a disruption in the subway's service which led us to get off at another stop and walk for the remaining distance, we felt instantly welcomed and relaxed when arriving to this hotel, which is in fact located very close to the tube stop- a walking distance from Hyde Park Corner.
Emily checked-us in and she showed a lot of concern towards our needs.
We had a room at the sixth flour, which was beautifully decorated. However, keep in mind that rooms ending in uneven numbers are most probably facing the interior courtyard and so was the case with ours as well.
The room was very luxurious, with a huge bed (which was a little bit on the tall side, and requires a bit of effort to get in and out of it), wonderful furniture and a gorgeous looking bathroom.
Housekeeping service was as well extraordinary, the room was cleaned spotless without any exception and my guess is that they changed the sheets every day.
We very much enjoyed the fresh flower arrangement in the public areas- they looked and smelled wonderful.
But the greatest thing in this hotel is the staff: we really felled pampered or even spoiled by the fact that everyone was very attentive to our needs. A man from the bell stand really stood out- Cyrill could have been his name. On our last day we came down to check-out. Without even being asked, he offered to deposit our luggage in their storage room for the hours we were going to spend sightseeing, and this was really outstanding from our point of view.
To sum it all up, we would definitely stay in this hotel on our future trips to London and would recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view- rooms ending in even numbers should have one. The hotel is locate...