“Fantastic Facility”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #196 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here in July for Wimbeldon Tennis. Hotel staff, front desk and doorman were outstanding. Room was well appointed and the views of the Park are uniquely London. Resturants were good but dinner can be exceptionally noisy.

We will be back

Stayed: July 2013
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Ahg2

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights in July. The room was of a very high standard and could not be faulted at all. Adjacent to all the main attractions with a tube station close by and in addition there is the Shepherds Market area within walking distance which is a great alternative if you want to dine out. The staff are outstanding and are a credit to the hotel. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Franklin2

It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you. The team will be thrilled as it is greatly appreciated when their efforts are recognised.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed her for 4 nights and the staff here were able to add to our London experience. Their concierge was the best! They were able to give us recommendations for areas to eat and some nights even made our dinner reservations. Great location... your by parks, Mayfair, Buckingham Palace and the Hyde Park metro stop. We also just so happen to be there when Andy Murray was leaving his celebration that was held at the hotel after winning Wimbledon. One con about this hotel was you had to pay for internet, which was the only hotel that charged during our three week Europe trip. There were coffee shops a few blocks away that offered free internet, so I think this hotel could offer this to their guests too.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear rflo03

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I love this hotel! Although expensive, it is elegant, beautiful, and a true joy to stay in.
It is posh, in a great location, has all the features you'd expect from a 5+ stars hotel, don't miss the top floor club room, it has a great view of London.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Lavieo

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

If you are visiting London for a few days and want to enjoy this city at its best, the Interconti at Hyde park Corner is a great hotel in a fabulous location - no compromises.

I had a king non smoking room overlooking the park (Park Lane) facing west and it had all the expected five start conveniences including wonderfully sounded deadened and blacked out drapery for the jet lagged international traveller.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to dine at the hotel other than breakfast but the breakfast buffet is sumptuous and more than I could handle on a weekday.

The staff are courteous and very crisp in their efficiency as expected of a business hotel, but willing to discuss your travels and needs in a very friendly manner when you initiate. I asked the concierge to make me a reservation for dinner nearby on my second evening and it was dealt with instantly.

For a short trip, the location is amazing - walking distance to many of London's best and biggest attractions and shopping and right in the heart of the west end's most expensive real estate and restaurants.

More of a business hotel than a tourist spot, I would still happily stay there for the convenience if I had a few days in London while en route to the continent, as this is a very convenient and comfortable way point for any European tour.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear MANLisa

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel, our (bad) first impression was of a woman was standing in front of the check in counter to greet and direct people to go to a certain person at the desk. She was a bit snobbish to us I think because we were not dressed all posh. She also couldn't do her job, because I saw a woman at the front desk waving to us to come over yet the snobby staff member said go there after we were already walking to the counter. To the hotel management: find another greeter because she is not a good first impression! I assume she wasn't trained enough to be a front desk person, so maybe she was just bitter? All the rest of the staff we encountered were pretty friendly. We stayed here two nights in probably the cheapest room they offer. Our room didn't have a view as we were in the inside of the hotel. Bed was very comfortable; it was hard to get up out of bed to see the sights! The "loo" had a large counter space, which I like. Also there was a knob to turn on the sound so you could hear the television in the bathroom. Toiletries the hotel provided were of good quality. Minibar is filled with ridiculous prices! This was a nice hotel in a nice location, in between two Underground lines. We got a deal on the room but I don't think it's worth 400+ pounds a night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear monekysaurusrex

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us in June.

The constructive feedback provided by our guests allows us to enhance the level of service we aim to deliver throughout the hotel and we greatly appreciate your comments. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered on arrival.

I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of our usual standards and your feedback has been shared with the relevant Department Head, so that the necessary actions can be taken.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental London Park Lane soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Well, to start I have made the booking at least 2 months in advance, and I have specifically requested the London superior room (the newly renovated rooms). And I was told that I have a guaranteed king room for en extra of 60~ pounds per day (I have the call recorded). Now, upon arrival, the room is not available, and the reception wanted to give the regular room for the same price which I refused. I tried explaining that the regular not renovated room should be cheaper and the reception refused and offered a twin room. I had no choice and accepted.
Now, as my understanding, any 5star hotel should have a complimantry water in the room, I didn't even though I am a member of their loyalty program. After arguing they gave me a bottle and I ordered 5 bottles from room service. Next day housekeeping cleans the room, forgot some of the trash and took 2 bottles from my water. At this point I was tired of arguing and didn't want to take this further as I am with my parents, and my 5 months daughter. Skipping the small screw ups by the hotel. Upon checking out, my wife dropped her earring (1). And we forgot 1 of our luggage (only shoes). At the airport lounge I called the hotel to give them that update, and their answer was "we are very busy, please call later" I kept calling till we boarded the plane and received the same response till the 12 of July (I checked out on the 7th).

After I finally spoke to the duty manager, their answer of course, we found nothing!!

The only amazing thing about the hotel is their location. Other than that, I will never come back again and will highly not recommend the hotel to my company colleagues.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Riyadhny

Dear Riyadhny

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We highly appreciate your comments. I was disappointed to hear that your recent experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Caroline JIlling