“Very big room, and great amenities”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #167 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very big room, and great amenities”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Visited this property while in London on Business. My parents were staying here and I spent some time in the hotel over the week they were in London. The rooms was very spacious, clean, well designed and decorated. Best though were the great bar, the club level with free cocktails at 5:30, the truffle cashews, and the concierge service, who got us into a overbooked restaurant. This property is in a great location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Sean R

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome your parents and yourself back in the not too distant future.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is one of the best hotels ever! Everything was spotless in the room (and the room smelled very fresh- which is rare- even in 5 star hotels). The service was impeccable - right down to the door men being at the ready with umbrellas as you exit! I am very picky about hotel rooms being clean - and this one passed even my inspection - bar none! My only complaint is that I was given a room right next to some sort of storage or service room - when the door opens it creaks so loud that I was startled out of my sleep several times thinking my room door was opening (in fact that is why I am up now - writing this review) - however the staff is so nice and accommodating - I'm sure they would have switched my room if I would have asked (but I didn't find this out until I was all settled in and at around 4am the first night). Be sure to ask for a different room if you notice double doors right next to your room. Other than that - I will definitely be staying here the next time I'm in London!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kaybeet
Dear kaybeet,

It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you. The team will be thrilled as it is greatly appreciated when their efforts are recognised.

Please do always let a member of staff know if you have any concerns while you are at the hotel so we can rectify them immediately.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here last week as we were hosting a work function at this hotel. The staff were fantastic from check-in and throughout. The room was nice and all the added touches were really nice and what you would expect from a hotel like this.

Well located for Central London and close by to stations.

The only criticism I would say is that the rooms are small but you pay for location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the park
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear dm342

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel is perfectly located in between Mayfair and Knightsbridge. The lobby is gorgeous. The room I stayed I'm was quite small, but very modern. I got an amazing rate and was extremely pleased with the experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Allie F,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

London
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely room, surprisingly large. Sky sports available for the rugby. Overall really nice. The seven pound mini bar crisps and lack of free wifi both irritating. Fantastic location. Really helpful staff and generous late check out

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Patrick_the_wise,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is located at HydePark Corner and therefore readily accessable from all the major rail stations, Undergroudland bus services. It can be accessed directly from Heathrow airport via the Picadilly line and the Heathrow Express train to Paddington. It is opposite the back door of Buckingham Palace, across the road from Green Park, Hyde Park and St James Park. Its is within walking distance and serviced bus and underground services to all the major shopping streets in the West End, including Bond Street, Knightsbridge, Oxford and Regent street. Similarly it is within walking district of Soho (theatres), major museums and art galleries. Taxis are on constant standby at the front door.

We booked our accommodation online with minimal effort. The service was excellent from the welcome of the Doorman, Concierge, reception, waiters and chambermaids. The restaurants provided good food and service as does the Intercontinental Club. Alternative eateries at all prices and nationalities are within easy reach of the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms have 'waterfall' showerheads. The usual toiletries, bathrobes and slippers are supplied. Well stocked mini bars for those who use them. Room service is also available. The flower arrangements in the public spaces are worthy of attention.

Central London has become the home of the mega rich from the Middle East, Eastern Europe and China. Do not expect any great cheap bargains in this area of the town and as such the hotel although expensive is good value for money. It provides a secure, safe and welcome place to stay. It is child friendly but not a place to bring children for a child specific holiday. It is suited to business travellers, couples on holiday, short or long stay weekends.

The clients were well healed international travellers, with and without Nannies. Dress code was formal/semi formal and smart casual in nature. Not a place where taking photographs in public places is welcomed by all the clients.

I cannot fault the srevice offered by all staff members. We have used this hotel group in Sydney, San Francisco, New York, Amsterdam and Paris in the past. Each one has been different in it style and atmosphere but the service has been uniformally good. We did not use the Spa, Fitness facilities or the WiFi.

Room Tip: The standard room face an inner court yard and are quiet. The Double glazing keeps out any noise fro...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Worldvoyager10,

It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Warnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stay regularly in IHG hotels, hence the Platinum membership of the Priority Club so it's a little disappointing to have to write this. My wife and I arrived at the hotel for a one night stay in a deluxe room at around 2:15pm (45 mins before official check in time). We were told room would be ready in around 30 minutes. We decided to leave our bag and go out. We arrived back at hotel 2 hours later around 4:15pm only to be told that room was still not available. We objected quite strongly to this, only to be told that there had been a large party in the night before who had been granted late checkout arrangements. As you can imagine we expressed our discontentment at this and things got a little heated at which point a senior check-in person stepped in and offered us complimentary refreshments at the Bar while we waited. Reluctantly we agreed to this, expressing our urgency to get into the room as we had an evening engagement at 630pm and time was passing by. We waited in the bar area for around 10 minutes and received no drinks as promised. My wife went back to reception to complain but was sent back with a promise of a room key in the next few minutes (but no drinks). After another 10 minutes someone arrived with the room key (but no drinks). We went to the room only to find that the 'deluxe room' was in fact a small adjoining room with very little space to open wardrobes as the doors touched the side of the bed. As time was now pressing we decided not to complain about the room, but to mention our discontentment at checkout the next day. As for the room being deluxe, I have stayed at this hotel on quite a few occasions previously and this was by far the worst room i have experienced. On checkout the following day we pointed out the problems we had experienced and included the fact that no newspaper or wake up calls were offered. The receptionist was duly surprised at our treatment, she noted down details and said she would pass on to the Guest Relations Manager who would be in touch. As you can imagine we have heard nothing. We have also filled in the guest questionnaire emailed by IHG hotels and expressed our desire to be contacted about the experience...again nothing. I have subsequently cancelled 2 bookings for this hotel in December 2013.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PCoulstock
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear PCoulstock,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane.

We have just received both your questionnaire and TripAdvisor review last night. I am going to send you a private message shortly.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for any shortcomings you had experienced.

Kind regards,