“Good use of my IHG Reward points”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #185 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A great hotel, with impeccable service. Staff very attentive but not over bearing. Hotel is very luxurious. We didn't eat at the hotel due to having a table booked already elsewhere, however I understand that Theo Randalls restaurant (located within the hotel) is very good. We also didn't use any of the hotels spa facilities.

We had a few drinks in the bar before bed. As you would expect from a 5* hotel, the wine is good but quite expensive. The merlot I was drinking cost £16 a glass plus a service charge.

As an IGH Platinum Ambassador the room upgrade and bowl of fruit in the room was very welcome. Had a great room on the 7th floor looking out onto Hyde Park.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 7th floor room looking out to Hyde Park.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Stuart H

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (2,561)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked a double room with an extra single bed to be added for our daughter who was staying with us.
All members of staff were very friendly and efficient. I left my gloves in reception on check in, only realising when we were ready to leave in the evening. This wasn't a problem as they were safely stored with the concierge. They were quickly returned. Many thanks.
We had a lovely room with a very comfortable king size bed. The put up bed was also comfortable, so we all slept soundly.
The bathroom was nice with a lovely selection of toiletries. The bath was soon filled with lots of lovely bubbles and the soap smelt divine. My husband and daughter loved the traditional style shower.
The usual selection of teas and coffees are provided. The mini bar is also full of lots of treats. Too expensive for me I'm afraid. (£6 for a can of Sprite is not something I'd pay even if I won the Lottery!)
We received apples and water as a gift from the Manager, which was unexpected. A very nice, & tasty, surprise.
The Bose Wave System was a nice extra. We played our music via the iphone, while getting ready to go out. (We liked the fact that it had a restricted noise level.) It was a pity the speaker in our neighbours bathroom didn't have this facility. They had it on full and we could hear their choice of TV programme all morning, even though we had our bathroom door closed and our own TV on!
This was the only fault we could find through out our stay. Noisy neighbours!
Excellent location with great staff.
Would we stay here again? Yes. If the price was right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Maria B,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, quality of its product, and personnel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during the stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve continually.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Recognition of Royal Ambassador status was good here. It was standard for London (no club lounge access, no going the extra mile, you get what you're entitled to and not one thing more) but the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I had a friend visit me for a meal with a cranky unruly 5 year old and the staff dealt with it perfectly.

Hotel is older, but it's updated really well. All in all a pleasant stay, for London. I would love if England would catch up with the rest of the world in terms of hotel hospitality, but what can you do?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Donna B
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Donna B,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at InterContinental London Park Lane. We highly appreciate our guests’ comments as they help us to improve our service. Thank you for commending our members of staff.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here for one night in November. Here are my thoughts:

The front desk upon check in recognised my Plat Ambassador status and upgraded my room to a Deluxe, on the top floor, overlooking Green Park. Check in was pleasant and efficient.

My room was very cosy, completely clean and a pleasant place to spend time in. I had a balcony which I could step out onto to look at the views of London, including the House of Parliament. I would rate the room very highly. Although not large, it was immaculate and would recommend. Good amenities were present and correct in the room as one would expect of a 5 star hotel.

I took a few drinks in the hotel's Gin bar. I sampled the Prudence gin cocktail, which was made with gin, basil and citrus. Very good flavours, and properly prepared. The young man behind the bar had a good attitude and was friendly. I tried a Club sandwich at the bar. It was well executed, although not that special; fries were a little limp.

Overall, my impressions of this hotel are very good, and would hope to return. My only minor moan would be that I requested a copy of the Mail newspaper; it was not outside my door in the morning; I telephoned reception to request, and a copy of the Times was delivered. This was a little odd.

In summary, I was very pleased with my stay, and enjoyed the use of my room immensely. Top points included the spectacular view from my room on the top floor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Kolonialtraveller

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location and service.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas. Please accept my apology for the newspaper mistake. Comments like yours are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Have had two really enjoyable stays at the Intercon Park Lane, most recently for a 3 night stay during my honeymoon in late October 2013. The lobby, restaurants and rooms are fantastic (especially after 2011 renovations), and the staff have been helpful and cheery on both occasions. The Guest Relations team wrote us a lovely congratulatory card, was a really nice touch.

We were checked in early (well before midday), which was great after travelling long haul. Rooms are nicely appointed with great bathrooms and I think I had the best hotel sleep ever on their super comfortable beds. We used the in-house Elemis Spa this time, is excellent and reasonably priced for a high end spa.

The location is perfect for travellers - Hyde Park, Knightsbridge, Oxford St, Piccadilly, Buckingham Palace are all walking distance - but I noticed there are also a lot of business clients too.

Really great hotel. It's a higher end option, but I highly recommend it for business or holiday travellers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Adam V,

I am so pleased that you chose to spend your honeymoon here at InterContinental London Park Lane, and more importantly that you had a hugely enjoyable time. I am always particularly delighted when it is mentioned how good the service is, as I know how much effort the teams put into every guest interaction.

I trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

get off the subway at hype park corner and take a minute to walk to the hotel. The bell is reli nice and proactively greet me while i was getting in the hotel. after check in, he bring my luggages to the room. And one staff speak Cantonese to me and i feel like a bit warm when i was out of my hometown.... the time i went there was holding a carnival in hype park, luckily win a doll there, but i left it in the room finally...........
all in all, hotel is in excellent location and had cosy stay there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ching Man N

Dear ChingMan99

It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for a business trip, and for the money it cost, I really expected more of a wow factor. The rooms are nice, nothing more, and not especially spacious. The staff are extremely pleasant but if you want a drink in the bar you can expect to wait a while for it. It is very well located for central London but next time I stay in London, I'll try somewhere else. I wasn't blown away by any means.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear KalexPlymouth_Devon

Thank you for your feedback and choosing our hotel. We highly appreciate our guests' comments as they help us to improve our service, ensuring that we deliver an experience in line with our guests’ expectations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations.

We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Kind regards,