“Relaxing yet busy”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #167 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“Relaxing yet busy”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is busy with guests who have either come for high tea or residents. The bar is lively with a great selection of cocktails and wines. If you like Gin you will be in heaven as there are dozens to choose from.

The service is excellent and the rooms are well appointed. My only criticism is that as an IHG Ambassador I'd expect waters in the room on arrival and not in the morning.

It is in a great location for shopping on Bond St, Kensington & Oxford Circus.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Youngklaus,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated the selection of wine and spirits in the Arch Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
northampton
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent location but there is a trade off for being so central, the traffic noise and emergency vehicle sirens are a 24 hour reality.

The hotel is smart and welcoming, staff very helpful and offered good advice on travel etc.

The room was immaculate with a very comfortable bed, the shower was to die for !! Lashings of hot water and powerful power shower.

Overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear happyholidaymaker55,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a few previous occasions and have always thought it was a good, but not great, InterContinental. I stayed here for the first time in about three years for two nights in mid-November 2013, whilst visiting friends in London.

As a "Royal Ambassador" member of InterContinental's loyalty scheme, I was using a free weekend night voucher but had booked an incorrect rate. The front office clerk who checked me in sorted the problem without any fuss whatsoever - this set a very favourable first impression of the hotel and the staff, because I was half expecting to either be told that the rate was ineligible and I would be charged for two nights, or told to call the Ambassador Service Centre. the fact that the member of staff took ownership of the situation and resolved it, spending about 5 minutes of her time in doing so, was much appreciated.

I booked a Studio room and was given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite with access to the Club InterContinental lounge.

The suite was lovely - with a Bose docking station, large flat screen TVs and a large work desk. The bed was also up to IC's normal standard and was supremely comfortable.

Whilst the bathroom did not have a separate walk-in shower, there is a powerful rainfall shower head over the bath which was excellent and had great water pressure. I'm not so sure about the Agraria bathroom amenitites, which are now an InterContinental brand standard - I think I preferred the Elemis previously supplied, but this is a minor detail.

The Club lounge is definitely worth the supplement - there is a good cold buffet but you can also order what you want, including an English breakfast / omelette etc from a menu - all at no extra charge.

It was never busy when I was there meaning that it was tranquil and comfortable.

They are a bit stingy during the day, with only tea/coffee and soft drinks, but the cocktail hour is very good with alcoholic drinks at no extra charge and champagne. There were also some very good warm canapes to go with your drink.

Staff in the lounge were generally very good. I was not particularly impressed with the fact that I was unable to check out in the lounge due to nobody being available to process it, but given that the front desk wasn't busy, it wasn't a problem.

I used room service one night, which was served quickly and was of a good, if not great, quality.

Overall, this hotel highlighted to me that true five star service is all about the little / softer touches - and comes down to staff who are trained and empowered to make the guest's stay easier. The IC delivered on this and I am already looking forward to returning in the near future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Travelfan199

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your stay and for being our Royal Ambassadors with IHG Rewards. I am pleased you found our rooms and Club Lounge commendable and equally happy you were given the luxury suite. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I spent three nights here recently on a business trip. The location is ideal; 20 minute walk to Piccadilly Circus and theatres, right near Hyde Park tube stop and a 10 minute walk to Green Park stop. I particularly liked the fact that I could take the tube from Heathrow right tot the hotel without changing trains. The public areas of the hotel are lovely and luxurious without being either stuffy or too minimalist. They are very well staffed and service was terrific. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. My room was very nice but not especially big, which I gather is typical of London hotels. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Flunie

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location and our staff.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I love this hotel, It's my go to home away from in London. You are met with the warmest greeting at the front door this instantly helps you forget you've flown thousand of miles and sat in traffic for the last half day .
-And the door staff remembers you! The front desk is warm and welcoming and do their very best to accommodate an early check in, sometimes is where opting in for the Club Lounge worth every penny, actually a great deal.
The rooms are heaven, classic, large, ultra-comfy beds an inviting bath and rain shower.
Room service is fast, the food is hot, fresh and perfectly prepared.
Cookbook Cafe restaurant is my favorite of the 2 in house, i've eaten in the restaurant several times, perfection.
Club Lounge is immaculate, beyond comfortable, large, well staffed, great coffee and a breakfast spread and happy hour that totally impresses every time with wonderful drinks and food making the price of Club a fantastic value.
Pleasure or business, ILPL is awesome, the location of the hotel is convenient and quite what more can you ask for?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KMancuso
Dear KMancuso

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A great hotel, with impeccable service. Staff very attentive but not over bearing. Hotel is very luxurious. We didn't eat at the hotel due to having a table booked already elsewhere, however I understand that Theo Randalls restaurant (located within the hotel) is very good. We also didn't use any of the hotels spa facilities.

We had a few drinks in the bar before bed. As you would expect from a 5* hotel, the wine is good but quite expensive. The merlot I was drinking cost £16 a glass plus a service charge.

As an IGH Platinum Ambassador the room upgrade and bowl of fruit in the room was very welcome. Had a great room on the 7th floor looking out onto Hyde Park.

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 7th floor room looking out to Hyde Park.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stuart H

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked a double room with an extra single bed to be added for our daughter who was staying with us.
All members of staff were very friendly and efficient. I left my gloves in reception on check in, only realising when we were ready to leave in the evening. This wasn't a problem as they were safely stored with the concierge. They were quickly returned. Many thanks.
We had a lovely room with a very comfortable king size bed. The put up bed was also comfortable, so we all slept soundly.
The bathroom was nice with a lovely selection of toiletries. The bath was soon filled with lots of lovely bubbles and the soap smelt divine. My husband and daughter loved the traditional style shower.
The usual selection of teas and coffees are provided. The mini bar is also full of lots of treats. Too expensive for me I'm afraid. (£6 for a can of Sprite is not something I'd pay even if I won the Lottery!)
We received apples and water as a gift from the Manager, which was unexpected. A very nice, & tasty, surprise.
The Bose Wave System was a nice extra. We played our music via the iphone, while getting ready to go out. (We liked the fact that it had a restricted noise level.) It was a pity the speaker in our neighbours bathroom didn't have this facility. They had it on full and we could hear their choice of TV programme all morning, even though we had our bathroom door closed and our own TV on!
This was the only fault we could find through out our stay. Noisy neighbours!
Excellent location with great staff.
Would we stay here again? Yes. If the price was right.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Maria B,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, quality of its product, and personnel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during the stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve continually.

Kind Regards,