“Excellent service, excellent hotel”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #182 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had reason to stay at the Intercontinental on Park Lane. Overall I was really impressed with the facilities but most of all the staff. They could not be more accommodating. Every member of staff went out of their way to acknowledge and greet you and were very polite and helpful.

The room I had was on the first floor. It was clean and tidy. Perhaps it could have done with a touch of freshening up but certainly there was nothing I could fault unless I was being extremely picky.

Without question I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gubsy1963
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Gabsy1693,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (2,595)

Reviewed 16 December 2013

When compared to its sister properties in London (in particular the swank IC Westminster) the IC Park Lane is the black sheep of the family. In fact, a very lackluster property. Dark rooms. Old musty decor that hasn't been maintained properly. Fixtures that don't work (thank you to the maintenance man who came to my room twice to fix things). Awkward closets that opens directly into/onto the bed. And sadly - and the biggest concern of all - zero recognition of my Royal Ambassador status. Yawn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank LuxeTravelerHK

Dear LuxeTravelerHK,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. As a Royal Ambassador Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and Hotels. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your experience more comfortable.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Spent three nights here with my wife on a quick trip to London as a part of a trip mainly touring Ireland. As with every Intercontinental I have stayed in, excellent staff and service. Food and beverage options are very good, and the location is top notch for anyone touring London. We had a superior room which was a decent size room, large compared to a lot of European hotel rooms and it was furnished very nicely including a nespresso machine. Great bed and linens, excellent room service with good quality and unbelievably quick service. Right next to the Hyde Park Tube station so getting around town is simple. No good hotel is cheap in London, at least in my experience, but in comparison to every other hotel I have stayed in probably 25 trips to London over 25 years, this is a good deal. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location, quality of the room and service. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here as part of a London Christmas shopping break. It didn't disappoint. Luscious thick carpets, beautiful bathrooms, big comfy bed and very friendly staff. Once you've stayed here you won't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear BastaCoze,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here last week whilst in London for Winter Wonderland. I have stayed in many different 5 star hotels and this was one of the most 'average' ones i've stayed in.

We got a good deal through lastminute.com and booked a double room. However when we arrived in our room we discovered we'd been given a twin. The room was also very dated and in need of a good refurb. There was no remote for the TV and the room was very dusty.

I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura_Essex_88,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. The hotel is in a constant cycle of refurbishment and I hope that in time you might choose to return and visit us again.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I booked two rooms for three nights at the Intercontinental London Park Lane hotel. The hotel was an easy subway ride from Heathrow. Neither room was available at our 7am arrival, but I was not expecting to be able to check in at that hour.

Our rooms were traditional and comfortable. The bed and pillows were exceptionally great. I enjoyed the rain shower over that bath tub too.

We had drinks in the bar prior to leaving the hotel for dinner. They were expensive.

The doorman was always there. Does he work a 24 hour shift? He directed us to Shepard's Corner for a casual dinner. Thanks for the suggestion. We never would have found this area on our own.

I was at the hotel in early December. The lack of Christmas decorations in the lobby surprised me. This hotel is in a great location for the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear travelkevin,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This is now the 5th time I have stayed here at the InterContinental ad each and every time, I love it and look forward to the next visit. The friendly doormen who greet you followed by the personal greeter assisting with our check-in always exceed my expectations.

The rooms are always prepared completely with all amenities you expect from a 5 star hotel. The. Club Lounge is always a treat with friendly staff for all my needs. Eating breakfast overlooking the park is always enjoyed by all and a quite glass of Pinot Noir at the end of a great day in London tops it off.

The Kitchen Cookbook is superb for lunch and of course high tea is served daily in the lounge.

Alvaro Rey and your team, congratulations again. Looking forward to next time already

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Aussielan,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team. I am very pleased to hear that you are becoming our regular guest!

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.