“Lovely spa, one of the best I've been to”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #187 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went for the morning to the spa (so not staying at the hotel)
Great service, luxury surroundings - we felt like we were the only people in there! No rush for us to leave so we had plenty of time after the treatments to relax with our glass of champagne and get dressed.
Very good value package - steam temple, 1 hour of treatments, glass of fizz.
Lovely Elemis products and not a particularly hard sell afterwards.

We then had a drink at the bar before heading off to our lunch.
Nice bar snacks that were topped up and prices as expected for Central London.

Would definitely return

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Louise R,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent Spa InterContinental experience.

I am very glad to hear that you had a truly relaxing time with us and enjoyed some drinks at the bar afterwards.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope that we will welcome you back in future.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental London Park Lane

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed here with my husband, l got this hotel on a mystery hotel deal I did wonder if we would get the same first class treatment as other full paying guests, but I wasn't let down they up graded our room witch was lovely.The staff were all very helpful, we went to see a show and on our return our room was all tidy and a little note on the bed with sweet dreams on it and the weather forcast for the next day, I had the best nights sleep the beds are so big and comfortable the pillows are amazing I wished I could have took them home, all the little touches just made the room. Would like to say well done to all the team at this hotel your hard works pays off and on a final note the flowers in the hotel are out of this would and smell amazing. Thank you for a lovely stay

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Denver H,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback. Our aim is to provide all our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Took a gamble online on expedia who was offering a secret hotel for £129, a 5 star hotel in the area we wanted and was thrilled this was where we would be staying. We arrived at reception to meet very friendly staff who retrieved our booking and informed us we were being upgraded to a superior room......very nice. Our room was beautiful, lovely décor, nice linens and very good techy extras.....bose sound system, ipod dock etc. Lovely big queen size bed with big soft pillows. We both had a wonderful quiet nights sleep, sleeping in until 9.30am as the curtains were so thick they shut out allthe daylight and we both thought it was still early.
Would definitely stay here again, and recommend to anyone

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear phussey73,

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and a relaxing sleep.

I would like to thank you for recommending the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We spent a really enjoyable weekend at the IC. We were upgraded and also had access to the Club Lounge. The checking was smooth and friendly, and we were shown to the Lounge as our room wasn't ready (at 5pm). Shortly afterwards our key was delivered and we settled into our suite. Not large, but nicely furnished and comfortable. Great views of Apsley House and Hyde Park. The Lounge provided excellent breakfast with efficient and friendly service. We ate at the Italian restaurant - eye-wateringly expensive but superb. A fantastic hotel, one we would definitely revisit when in London.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tr4vellover,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed InterContinental London Park Lane especially the Club Lounge for breakfast.

Theo Randall is one of the best Italian restaurants in London. I am very pleased to learn that your experience there was superb!

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and thought that it was a nice hotel with hassle free check in and comfortable rooms. However, even though I stayed in a deluxe room I ended up facing roof and another side of the same hotel but it didn't really matter to me as it was dark anyway but be aware that if you want good London view then you might need to pay a lot extra.

Also their TV has a very strange remote control, being an IT guy I could not figure out how to switch my TV off completely so in the end had just to unplug it from the mains. (might be just me ;)

Would like to finish this review on a positive note and say that their breakfast was absolutely superb, one of the best I had last year.

Room Tip: be aware that you might need to pay a lot extra if you want good London view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank James H
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear James H,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at InterContinental London Park Lane.

I am particularly delighted to learn that our breakfast was one of the best you had last year!

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had a great stay for valentines weekend, The room was up to expectations with a great view of Westminster and green park. a pity there was no swimming pool at the hotel. the location is excellent with lovely walks through Mayfair

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Globetrotter4467,

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during Valentines weekend.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We just stayed here with our four children for a two night stay. I couldn't have been more impressed. The staff were so helpful and courteous, the rooms were really lovely, modern and very well-appointed. Although the outside isn't beautiful, inside the decor is so tasteful. I rate the breakfast the best I've ever had in a hotel. It was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Hunnah102,

I am particularly delighted to learn that you rate our breakfast as the best you had in a hotel! It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,