“Nice location”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #188 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We loved staying at this hotel. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The hotel was close to Hyde and green park. Near 2 tube (metro) stations and easy walk from Piccadilly Circus which is like Times Square in New York with the big screen TVs. The beds were so comfortable and the bathrooms nicely sized. The only thing I would be careful of if you are older or shorter in stature you might have a hard time getting in and out of the tub to use the shower. The tub was extremely tall. The water pressure and very nice on the shower. The breakfast was nice. The mango was my favorite along with the almond paste croissant dusted with powdered sugar.

Stayed: March 2014
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear gardeningteacher,

Thank you for sharing your experience of InterContinental London Park Lane and as always I am thrilled to see that the service you experienced and the facilities of the hotel are praiseworthy.

I trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel rocks!! We were in the middle of EVERYTHING!! We were able to walk to shopping, restaurants, museums. My daughter got sick while in England and the staff directed me to a pharmacy for medications. Every single employee was friendly! You could tell they really enjoyed their jobs. If you so much as lifted an eyebrow, they were there to help you. I was so impressed with this hotel. This will be where I stay when I travel to LONDON!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing Hyde Park!! It's incredible!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sttflygirl,

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here in March for a long weekend to do tourist things in London. The location is excellent, with the tube just outside and so many attractions within an easy walk. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and well equipped with great views overlooking the park. They're not that large but I guess about the size you'd expect for a 5* central London hotel.

We upgraded to get access to the Club lounge which I have to say is one of the best hotel lounges I've been in. The staff were exemplary - ensuring that the champagne flowed in the evening and constantly checking that we were ok. In the morning there was a huge variety of breakfast offerings with hot food made to order. This combined with the decor and the views made it a fantastic space to relax in.

As an aside, I'm a Royal Ambassador with Intercontinental and I was really pleased that the check in lady (Laura) knew the benefits this scheme offers. For example, pro-actively offering a 4pm check out. In fact all the staff were excellent and I was really impressed with their attitude. Small things, like saying good morning in a friendly manor and taking an interest in your stay do all add up to make a big difference.

All in all an excellent stay and I shall certainly be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kent_England_Sjw

Dear Kent_England_Sjw,

Thank you for giving us such great feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our Park Lane property! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to let us know about it.

It was pleasure to read that you enjoyed hotel facilities and service, in particular all those small touches you mentioned as this is truly what sets a hotel apart from the rest.

I trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first experience in an Intercontinental hotel and we loved it. The room was perfectly laid out, great TV system and even a Bose sound dock. The bathroom was immaculate and you never missed what was on TV as it was played via speaker in the bathroom. I have already looked at more IC around Europe and will definitely be visiting this one again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jamescusens 18,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in London and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read your observations and that you seem to have had such a great stay overall. I am particularly pleased to read that you are interested in discovering the InterContinental Hotel Group.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Pak Lane in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

No pool, and did not use the spa. Great food and incredible service. Minutes from the tube and bus stops. Tons of food very close by. The staff bends over backwards with pl
Oiliness and kindness. Highly recommend

Room Tip: We are on the 1st sleeping floor. Very quite. Not much of a view, but don't plan on sitting look...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TimmerLovesFood,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read your observations and that you seem to have had such a great stay overall. I am particularly pleased to read that you found the level of service at the hotel top notch as this is truly what sets us apart from the rest.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Pak Lane in the future and hope that next time you will also experience our Spa. For more details please visit Spa InterContinental London website.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here early this year. The hotel is spotless and the breakfast is brilliant! The staff will do anything for you and are very friendly. Unfortunately during my stay whilst rushing out to a meeting I left a piece of jewellery on the side rather than in the safe (which I normally would religiously check) when I returned later that day it had gone. Reported to the hotel but unfortunately remains unresolved.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Nlb8824

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback following your stay earlier this year. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests. I would like to apologise for the shortcomings that you have encountered with your jewellery. Unfortunately, we cannot identify your name from the profile on Trip Advisor. I would like to follow up with you regarding your experience in more detail.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on coraline.jillings@ihg.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed several times at this hotel and as always very good service. Had a lovely London Deluxe room that was lovely decorated. Upgraded to Club Lounge Access and still the same excellent service. Kristian who was in charge of the lounge was very pleasant and provided great service, and most importantly made you feel welcome. I have stayed in several 5 star properties in London over the last few months but they cant compete with this one. Highly recomended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear thelight20,

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team and Club InterContinental in specific.

I also would like to thank you for commending our Club Team Leader, Christian Raczek.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.