“Excellent room and lovely staff”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #196 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for a week in May. Was upgrades to a wonderful one-bedroom suite. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The view over Hyde Park was great. The bed was most comfortable and the room was also very quiet which made our sleep undisturbed. The TV screens were small, but there were many programs to choose from. The bathroom had both a shower and a bath-tub. Amenities in the bathroom were very good. We had plenty of hot towels.
We also had access to the Club Intercontinental lounge which was great. Excellent breakfast with many choices and the service was fast and efficient but still very attentative. There was afternoon tea, which we never tried. The evening cocktails were great also. Moet et Chandon champagne and many refills if You wanted + delicious canapés and cheese.
I missed the French Restaurant which was so good but no closed, the Italian one nowadays was not the same quality.
Perhaps the best thing after all was the staff, which especially in the lounge were most helpful and service-minded. The lounge was most of the time an oasis of tranquility to rest and be pampered. I would like to especially mention Christine and Sofia (perhaps misspelled) who took very good care of us, making it most probable to choose this hotel again when we return to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric060
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Eric060,

Thank you for your detailed review; I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs.

I also would like to thank you for wonderful comments about the Club InterContinental and for commending our Club Team Leader, Christian and Club Associate, Zsofia. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane on your next visit to London.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for my Mum's 60th birthday. There was three us in a room with two queen size beds and a put me up bed. There was plenty of in the room. We were asked on checking in if it was a special occasion and a card and cake was left in our room when we returned to check in as our room wasn't ready, a nice touch. This was arranged by Benjamin on reception and he was lovely! We were told as a platinum IHG reward member we had been upgraded but we had originally booked a superior room so this was not the case but we were happy with our room. We had stayed at the Westminster hotel on a previous stay and I think the rooms were of a better standard in the Westminster, especially having the separate shower. The concierge who always seemed to be on door was also lovely and very helpful. The hotel was in a great location and we would definitely return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear samdanfin,

Thank you for the review. I am so pleased that you chose to spend your mother’s 60th birthday here at InterContinental London Park Lane and more importantly that you had an enjoyable time with us. I am always particularly delighted when it is mentioned how good the service is, as I know how much effort the teams put into every guest interaction. I appreciate your comments about Benjamin and the Concierge team. I will definitely share your good words with Heads of Departments concerned.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had 2 nights stay here with my husband and son. Lovely location overlooking a park. Fantastic service from the doormen, reception and the concierge. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We got upgraded to a deluxe room, ps3 in the room for our son, late checkout. All areas are spotlessly clean and the flower arrangements in reception are fantastic! Room wasn't huge but we did have the extra bed in there for our son and we didn't need to swing any cats. Complimentary pears were awful, rock hard and bitter, biscuits would be better please. Luckily for us our stay was free with ihg points accrued with husbands job. I would definitely stay here again if we could do the same again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear lucy p,

It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you. The team will be thrilled as it is greatly appreciated when their efforts are recognised.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I usually do not go to big hotels when travelling alone. It was a great surprise the excellent service, the nice room and the lounge on 7th floor, with a beautiful view of Green Park. My next time in London will of course be in this hotel. The concierge service deserves a special mention: simply wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Traveler378,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass your kind words to our concierge team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's all down hill from there. Exterior dull. Rooms tired and small. Service --not so good. We booked a triple only to find upon arrival one king size bed. We spent the rest of the day trying to get someone to bring up a bed--which should have been in the room when we arrived. The bed finally arrived as did a note from Laura apologizing for problem. The amenities that were put in our room--rock hard pears & boxed cookies--did not make up for the total inconvenience. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: don't try to book a triple--there isn't such a thing. They shove a sagging rollaway in to a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kvp53

Dear kvp53,

Thank you for your review at Trip Advisor.

We have also just received your online survey and will be sending you a private message shortly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful location just steps to the park, shopping and Buckingham Palace. Top notch service and amenities ... including one of the best spas in London. Particularly good amenities for InterContinental platinum guests.

Room Tip: Breakfast in the Club dining room may afford you a glimpse of the Queens horses being led for the ch...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear GinaSamarotto,

Thank you for your posting here on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read your review. Comments like this help us motivate our team and achieve greater heights.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent location. Rooms were small but well equipped. I didn't use the restaurant as I still find 35GBP for breakfast eye watering given I can walk to Pret-a-Manager down the road in 5 mins. Still it's a good business hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear LSBHK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane.